The Unspoken

The S Squad

I know I'm a bad author lol. I plead guilty with this update that's a month late. I'm sorry for the long wait and really thankful for everyone who still stick around despite the sloooooooooowwwww update and unexciting/draggy plot. /: 


“What did you say?” Tiffany’s eyes started to water.

“Jessica. I know where she is.” Boa repeated.

“Why should we trust you?” Sooyoung was still doubtful of her presence.

“Because I know you guys are the S Squad from SSF and Jessica was caught by The Black Dragons three months ago from a mission that went wrong.”

“Who are you?” The leader stepped up.

“My name is Boa and I’m a double spy. Well, if SSF still acknowledge my presence, that is.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I was a spy from SSF, but I went on rouge few years back when director Lee Soo Man didn’t believe me that The Black Dragons were an underground drug trafficking organisation. I managed to gain the trust of the gang members and I’m currently the right wing of the boss. I’ve been investigating them for quite a while now, waiting for the right opportunity to expose them. Now that you guys are here, we can work together.” Boa explained to them all the details.

“Why should we? For all we know, you may be a traitor that turned her back on SSF instead. Money is greed.” The members were still on their guard.

Knowing that it would be nearly impossible to convince the team, Boa took out something from her pocket and dangled it in front of them.

Jessica’s necklace.

The moment Yul saw that familiar star necklace that he had it customed made for his princess, he went up front and held Boa by her shoulder and pushed her against the wall with force.

“Where. Is. She.” He gritted his teeth.

“Calm down Yul! If you hurt her, we won’t be able to rescue Sica!” Taeng grabbed him away from Boa.

“Ms Boa. Please take a sit. I believe we have some discussion to do.” Tiffany, who was overwhelmed by the fact that they would finally be able to rescue her best friend, calmed herself down and took control of the situation as how she should, being the strategist of the team.

“Just call me Boa would do.” Boa was relieved. It was time to put an end to all these.

---

After calming Yul down, everyone stood around the meeting table together, listening to Boa explaining the security systems of the hideout, when the boss would visit and leave the hideout every day, the left wing men of the boss, and the condition of Jessica. It was not easy for the members to know about their dearest friend whom they treat as a family suffering in such poor conditions, less hearing about it from a witness. A tear or two was shed, and there were some soft sniffs heard. But that was that. They did not have time for all the crying. They decided to work together with Boa and provide the necessary assistance needed. It would be a win-win situation – Jessica would be saved, and The Black Dragons would finally be captured.

As predicted by Seohyun, the leader would always arrive by 530am and leave by 12 midnight. There would be a few men guarding the hideout, but they were not really any problem for the agents. Boa would be called in to take over every time the leader leave for some other businesses.

“He has a meeting with another gang leader from Osaka two days later. So I would be station in then. It would probably be the best time to rescue Jessica. And when he returns, we start with the second part of the mission, seize the hideout and capture all men. Fire if needed, but let the leader live to face the crimes he committed.” Boa said.

“Alright then. Seohyun, you’ll assist Boa and do your magic on those security systems. Taeng, you’ll go in and save Jessica.  The rest of us would serve as backups and keep a look out for Taeng. As we’re infiltrating an enemy’s base, I order that everyone step out if things get out of control and as usual, DON’T remove your earpiece no matter what.” Tiffany instructed while looking straight at Yul.

“The rest of us? You’re coming with us?” Taeng looked worriedly.

“Yes. Boa will be giving instructions for this mission since she’s more familiar with the place. I’ll be serving as a backup in case anything happens.”

“But, Fany-“

“Taeng, I want to save my best friend as well. I’ve trained together with you guys even though I’m always behind the scenes.” Tiffany assured her boyfriend.

He nodded, even though he could not help but still feel worried. Taeng knew that whenever Tiffany made up her mind, it was impossible to change it.

“Alright, so we’ll start at midnight, two days later. It’s the time when there’s the least number of men on duty. You guys will wait for my signal. We’ll keep in contact through the earpiece Seohyun gave me. Let’s do this together.” Boa assured and left.

---

After the meeting, everyone went their own ways to prepare for the mission. Even though they did infiltration and rescues all the time, they were still nervous. Who were they kidding to say that they are not scared at all? The team was going to face their biggest enemy yet.

Yul remained seated after everyone else left the room.

“Hey buddy, you okay?” Taeng approached him and took a sit beside when the meeting room was left empty except the two of them.

Yul did not response.

“Hey, is this about Tiffany’s arrangement? I can talk to her if you want. You can save Jessica instead. I know you can’t wait to see her physically.” Taeng said, thinking that his friend was upset about Tiffany assigning him to save Jessica instead of the boyfriend himself.

Seeing no reaction from the said guy, he stood up and was ready to run after Tiffany when Yul held him back.

“No it’s okay, I understand that Tiffany did it for my good. So I’m fine with that. It’s just that.. I’m scared.” Yul looked up to his best friend, his eyes red from the tears that he was holding back.

“Scared?” Taeng raised his brows.

That was the first time he ever heard that word from the guy. Yul was probably the most courageous guy in SSF. He would always be the first to volunteer to get thrown around at during combat trainings, stood up for the team whenever unreasonable trainers tried to give them hell trainings as punishment, and he was even the first to confess, out of all the trainees, his feeling to the ice princess when everyone else would only cower and admire the cold beauty from afar.

“I’m scared.” He repeated.

“What if Sica hates me. I shouldn’t have listen to her back then. Then she wouldn’t have to suffer like this. It would probably be me instead. I would rather it be me who got caught by the Black Dragons. Believe, me I would do anything to exchange the role with her, but you know Sica. When she’s stubborn, she’s two times as stubborn as Tiffany. She pushed me out before I could answer her. I should’ve pulled her along as well. Then we won’t be suffering like now.” He said.

Taeng did not know that Yul had been blaming himself all these while. Ever since the incident, all Yul did was to train. He kept his thoughts to himself. Taeng should have noticed it then, but he let it slipped out of his mind. All Taeng thought was that Yul wanted to focus on the training and revenge for Jessica. He failed as his best friend.

“I’m sorry Yul. I’m a bad friend. How could I not know that you were feeling remorseful all these while. It wasn’t your fault. If it was anyone’s fault, it would be Eunhyuk. If Eunhyuk wasn’t taken in by his greed, the Black Dragons wouldn’t find out about our mission then. It was never your fault. You did well in the mission and thank you for recovering from your coma. Jessica would be glad that her efforts didn’t go to waste.” Taeng brought him in a brotherly hug.

“Thank you Taeng, for everything.”

“Always here, brother. Now stop those gay tears and mushy words.” Both of them chuckled.

“We’re going to get your girl back together.”