The Meeting

The S Squad

When Taeng arrived at the conference room, everyone else was already present.

“Hey Taeng, where’s the director?” Hyoyeon asked when she didn’t notice the old man around.

“He won’t be here, I’ll conduct the meeting instead. Come on, let’s settle down.”

“Alright, so what’s the mission about?” They members would only gather at the conference room whenever there’s a briefing for an upcoming mission. Therefore, when Taeng called them all to gather at the conference room, they already know what to expect.

“Well…” Taeng wasn’t prepared to ask s about the mission. He knew that they wouldn’t react well to it. He could only pray that the members at least allow him to finish his explanation first before voicing out their displeasure.

“Well what?” Everyone was listening attentively to Taeng. It was so unlike him to hesitate during a mission briefing. When Taeng hesitates, it would only mean one thing. The mission is something serious.

“Before I continue, please promise me that you’ll all listen to what I’ve got to say first before reacting to it.” That just confirmed their suspicions.

“Alright TaeTae, what is it?” Tiffany was worried because Taeng seldom act like this. He was always confident and firm when conducting briefings or giving out instructions.

“There’s a mission for us. The director specifically pleaded us to take on the mission.” He emphasized on the word “pleaded”, and paused to look at everyone’s reaction, before continuing.

“It’s with regards to the…” He couldn’t bring himself to mention the wanted criminals in front of his team mates.

“To the?” They were getting impatient.

Taeng took a deep breath and said, “The Black Dragons.”

The room was in silence, too silent in fact.

“I’m gonna talk to uncle.” Sunny was the first to react. She got up from her seat and was ready to march off to her uncle’s office before Taeng stopped her.

“Sunny, please listen to me first.”

“Guys, I know everyone’s still recovering from the previous incident. But it’s been three months, and Yul has already recovered. We can’t avoid them forever. The people of our country need us. Besides, we can take this chance to find out Sica’s whereabouts.”

“But-“

“Taeng’s right.” Yul said, after staying quiet from the start of the meeting.

“We need stop them.”

“But what about you oppa?“ Seohyun was worried. She didn’t want to see her favourite oppa sad again.

“Don’t worry about me guys, I’m alright.” He assured them.

“Alright guys, since Yul’s fine with it, we all should too. Plus, the director asked us to do this personally. Let’s do it and not disappoint him.” Tiffany stood up and convinced the rest. They look at each other, before nodding their heads. They were determined to stop The Black Dragons, to get revenge for Jessica.

“Thanks a lot guys.” Taeng heaved a sigh of relieved. At times like this, he was thankful for their bond within the team. It was what makes them special and different from the other squads. They were unbeatable because they care for and love each other deeply, like a family.