The Wait

The S Squad

“Alright, I guess this is it.” Taeng said, after following the navigation on his device. The team was standing in front of a shabby hut out of nowhere, which was supposed to be their ‘base’ as told by Soo Man.

“Well… What a ‘base’” Sooyoung quoted, after looking at the run down house, if they could call it.

“Taeng, are you sure we’re at the right place?” Tiffany asked, after taking over the device and having a look at their current location.

“We… are..” She said after double-checking.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“How are we supposed to carry out our planning here?”

“Do they even have internet connection over here?”

Yul ignored s complain and took the lead to enter the ‘house’. The door opened with a creak and it was pitch black. He scanned his eyes around the area, an unconscious habit he had taken up through his years as an agent. Sensing no danger, he placed his right foot in, and the lights came up. Motion sensor, he thought. Stepping in, he was faced with three steel walls surrounding, with nothing within. The interior was smaller than what it seems like outside. s followed his footsteps and entered the house.

“What in the world..”

“Okay it definitely looks different from the outside but really, did the director expect all eight of us to stay in this constricted area?” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

“There’s practically nothing in here!”

There was practically nothing, no button, no scanning device, no secret compartments, just three steel walls and the eight members inside the room. It looked like the stimulation room back in the force, only that it was small and empty.

Seohyun, who was the last to enter, closed the door after her and locked it casually. Before they realized it, metal sliding walls started appearing from the side of where the entrance was previously, closing and covering the wooden door. Rumbling sounds were heard next and then the members felt as if they were being pulled down by gravity.

“Guys, why are we moving?!” Taeng panicked.

“Is this a trap? Are we gonna die?” Sooyoung cried holding on to his bunny.

Few seconds later, they came to a stop and the ‘doors’ opened again. They were greeted by the gadgets, systems and computers that were seen back at the force. In between was a huge metal meeting table.

“Well, I guess that’s why they say to not judge a book by its cover.” Yoong commented while the others were busy exploring the place. It was practically similar to their dorm and training centre back in Korea. Suddenly, a hologram appeared in the middle of the meeting table, with a familiar face.

“Hello, agents.” Soo Man greeted. And the members of the S Squad gathered in the middle.

“Whoa, is this real?” Sooyoung poke the hologram. The screen buzzed before returning back to normal again.

“This place is so cool, director!” Hyoyeon exclaimed after witnessing it.

“Welcome to the base that I’ve prepared for you guys. I hope that it’ll provide you guys with sufficient amenities for the mission. As you guys may have experience, probably by accident, the lock on the door of the house acts as the button for the lift, which brings you guys down to the base here. The base is equipped with the latest technologies and facilities that are similar to those back here in Korea to help facilitate you guys with the mission. There are more than what it looks like. I’ll leave you guys to explore around. And lastly, stay safe and come back as nine, all alive. Good luck my kids.” Soo Man explained before disappearing, and the hologram shut down automatically after that.

After touring around the base, it was back to business. While Tiffany and Seohyun were figuring out the location and plan, the others were brushing up their skills training and practicing. The usual rowdy atmosphere surrounding the team was replaced by a tense air filled with seriousness. Even the pranksters were focused on their tasks, because everyone had the same goal in mind. That is, to save Jessica and bring her back.

Tiffany had told them that Seohyun would study the arrival and departure of their enemy, with the help of the satellites viewing, to plan ample time to carry out their mission. However, the first two days of waiting weren’t fruitful. It seems as if the Black Dragons knew someone was watching them, they didn’t appear at the hideout at all. The members suggested that they should head down and see instead of waiting in front of the screen. But Seohyun, being the stubborn kid, who at times like this served as a strength more than a weakness to the team, was determined to wait for the tinted black car’s appearance. She reasoned that it’d be dangerous if any of them got caught, because they were supposed to save Jessica, and not get captured together. The members said nothing because they knew that it’d be almost impossible to change her mind once Seohyun stated her stand.

As much as Seohyun was determined, she was losing confidence, because it had been the fourth day of sitting in front of the screen and not even a shadow passed by the area. She wanted to prove to her members that her idea was better and safer, but it seemed that they’d have to go with the previous suggestion instead. She was planning to leave her hot seat to grab some caffeine when the target showed up.  Sitting back down, she typed her few keys and the screen zoomed in. Once she saw the car disappearing down the ground, she took down the numbers that were shown at the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Glad that she made some progress, Seohyun let out a breath before leaning back, relaxing her tense shoulders and neck. Now, all she had to do was to wait for the car to appear again, and then sit for a few more days to make sure that the timings were accurate. She had to make sure of that, in order for her members to carry out the mission safely. Nothing must go wrong.

Please wait a while more, Sica unnie.