The Uninvited

The S Squad

Well..I'm back, at least for the next chapter. Was extremely busy and affected by the news and all. But it's not like we could have a say in who they date though. Everything's fine as long as they are happy. Here's the long overdued chapter. I'm bad with fighting scenes, please pardon me. /:


Parking the bike by the roadside, the rider then took of the helmet and combed her fingers through her hair. As expected of SSF, she thought. A shabby looking, abandoned house that stood out from nowhere, she could not deny that SSF was the top force in the nation for nothing.

Taking a few steps closer, she scanned the surroundings for potential surveillance devices before proceeding up to the door. Throughout her years with SSF as solo spy, she was taught well with hidden locks and buttons, knowing that a base exists for a purpose – to hide from the enemies. Glancing around the entrance, Boa noticed that the house looked just like any other run down houses along the abandoned old roads – nobody would suspect anything.

Even though she was almost sure that there were not any threats, she turned the knob and the pulled door open. Of course, the inside would look so much different. It took only a few minutes for Boa to figure out that it was actually a lift, and she had to thank those years of her being a double agent which allowed her to visit various gangs’ hideouts around Japan.

When the door of the lift opened, she found herself unconsciously holding her breath. Despite all those years and experience, she was still nervous. She had heard of The S Squad as their reputation travelled beyond the borders of South Korea, and she could not help but feel proud and prideful, knowing that they were her juniors in some ways.

She was going to face The S Squad alone, the top squad in South Korea and possibly in Asia. How was she going to convince them that she was a rouge spy and a double agent at the same time? As much as she was worried, she had to face them because they would serve as a great back up for her to seize the Black Dragons and they could save Jessica at the same time too. It would be a win-win situation for them altogether.

Leaning her back against the walls, she could hear soft gasps and clicks coming from the middle of the room. Boa was aware of what Seohyun did just few hours back, and she figured that they were probably shocked by the conditions of the hideout. As cliché as it seemed, the Black Dragons’ hideout was the total opposite of the SSF base. While the Black Dragons’ hideout looked classy and hi-tech, the interior was almost as bad as how the SSF base looked like from the outside, or even worse.

When she first heard that an S Squad member was being captured, she did not believe it. But each time Boa witnessed Jessica being tortured by Jay, her heart always goes out to the poor girl. It was as if Jessica appeared at the wrong place at a wrong time. Boa knew that it was almost impossible to rescue her out of this place. However, each time Jessica survived through the ‘interrogations’, she would feel a sense of admiration for the girl. If Boa were to be in the same situation as Jessica, she would probably do the same by not revealing anything, but she knew that she would not be able to survive as long as Jessica did. Seeing how Jessica was so courageous to face all the tortures and bear all the pain, Boa was determined to get her out. And The S Squad just appeared at the right time.

Taking a deep breathe, Boa crept nearer to the middle. However, with all the nervousness building up within her, she failed to notice something on the ground and accidentally stepped on it, creating a rustling sound of the crumpled sweet wrapper which was probably left effortlessly by Sooyoung.

. Knowing how all spies were trained to be sensitive to their surroundings, to even the slightest and softest sound, she knew she attracted unwanted attention. Crouching low, she scanned for anything nearby as a weapon but she could not find any. As much as she did not want to meet her juniors in such circumstances, she was still an ‘intruder’. Noticing a group of shadows were slowly looping over her hiding area, Boa gripped her fists tightly and got ready to face them.

---

After Seohyun finished showing the hideout to the rest of the team, everyone was silent, allowing the current situation to sink in. Now that they got a better view of everything, they still could not believe that Jessica was locked in there for three months. Jessica who was always afraid of the dark and being left alone, how desperate would she be to escape that place.

As much as they were sorry for not arriving and carrying out the rescue mission earlier, there was no time to feel guilty about it. The only thing that mattered was to get Jessica out safely as soon as possible, to pay back for not coming for her any sooner.

While everyone was in their own thought, a soft yet clear rustling sound was heard. Someone is here. The members got alert and heightened up their senses. All of them stopped breathing for a moment, waiting for the sound to come off again. Looking around, Yul could see a faint reflection of a black figure from the glass window.

Taking slow and soft steps, he approached the glass window and crouched down, edging himself near the door. He then faced s and placed a finger against his lips, and signaled the guys to come over slowly while the girls grabbed any weapons that were nearby. Taeng and Sooyoung took cover opposite, while Yoong backed Yul up. With a count of three, the four boys jumped out and attacked the figure.

Expecting their attack, Boa rolled over and ducked their punches and kicks, before pushing the shelves beside her down to obstruct them. Turning around, she was met with a two short yet strong girls with metal batons. Blocking their hits with her arm, Boa squatted down before sweeping them off their feet with a hook of her ankle.

Even though she was technically a senior and had much more experiences, it was not possible for her to take down all eight of them at once. Before she could even recover, Yoong sent Boa a kick at her torso followed up a punch at her jaw. Pushing herself up, Boa faked a punch back at Yoong and kneed him in his stomach. She then jumped across the table, but was faced with Taeng and Sooyoung.

Both the guys cornered her with their attacks, while Boa was busy trying to find a way out and defend herself at the same time.  Sensing her opportunity when she was near the door, she back away faster and slammed it on their faces, buying herself some time to come up with an explanation.

However, just when she turned around, Boa was faced with a shotgun pointing straight right at the middle of her forehead, with Yul standing right in front of her. Her natural instinct was to hold her hands up and surrender.

“Who are you and what business do you have here?” Yul asked with a straight face.

How should she tell them? She did not know where to start and she was pretty sure that if she was to utter any nonsense, Yul would end her life without any hesitation.

“Who sent you here?” Yul raised his voice this time, his patience was running low.

She knew she had to talk before Yul decided to pull the trigger but she could not string her words together to make her identity any more convincing in such situation.

“Yul don’t kill her yet, she could be of use.” Tiffany then spoke up from behind, walking out from the messed up room together with the rest of the members.

“She must be from the Black Dragons.” Sooyoung commented.

“All the more we should kill her now.” Yoong wanted to attack Boa again but was held back by Seohyun.

“We could interrogate and get some information out from her first before killing her.” Taeng suggested.

Of course! Interrogation! Boa suddenly remembered the main purpose of her visit to the base, and the next sentence she said managed to silence the squad.

“Jessica. I’m here to help you guys rescue Jessica.” Yul widened his eyes before removing his shotgun away from Boa.