The Incident

The S Squad

A double update because I'll be busy for the rest of the week.  


After the meeting, the members went back to the dorm to rest for the night. Yul couldn’t sleep, not when he’s in doubt with his decision. He wasn’t sure if confronting The Black Dragons would be a right choice or not. Heck, he wasn’t even sure if his Sica baby is dead or alive.

No, she would be alive. Think positively. She’s an on-field specialist, and the best one in SSF.

Shaking off the negative thoughts, Yul decided to sleep it off. It’s been three months since he woke up from his coma and three months since that incident, but what happened that day was still fresh in his memory.

Flashback

The S Squad was out on a mission. To infiltrate The Black Dragons hide out. After months and months of searching and preparation, their efforts were paid off and they managed to track them down. They couldn’t afford to mess up. This is their chance. All they need to do is to kill the guards outside, sneak in, surround the area, and capture the wanted criminals. Then they’re done. However, it was easier said than done, because they were supposed to expect the unexpected.

“Alright guys, report your location.” Tiffany said, making sure that everyone is in place, before giving out instructions for them to carry out the mission.

“I’m up on the hill 2km away, facing north of the target.”Sooyoung said, while setting up his sniper rifle.

“Sunny and I are 1km away, facing south of the target.” Taeng replied.

“Yulsic’s facing east of the target, 1km away too.” Yul tried to joke to ease the tense atmosphere.

“Hyo Noona and I are at the west.” Yoong replied.

The plan was for Sooyoung to kill the two guards outside by the main door, then the rest would start infiltrating from their specific directions, and to kill all in sight. Sunny was tasked to plant explosives around the hideout, with Taeng guarding her. Yoong and Hyo would be in-charge of taking out all the guards within the building, without making any noise. Sica, being the on-field specialist, was required to get into the middle room and capture the mastermind of The Black Dragons, together with Yul watching her back. Then they will all escape and Sunny will activate the bombs to destroy the place entirely.

“Alright guys, Seo will be hacking into their security system now. When the security cameras are deactivated, the mission starts.” Tiffany informed them, waiting for Seohyun to get into their system.

“In any case, if anything were to go wrong, run. Please be safe guys.”

“Unnies and oppas, the cameras will be deactivated in 10 seconds.” Seohyun

“Alright, get ready. In 3, 2, 1. Good luck guys.” The mission started.

Sooyoung managed to kill the guards outside easily and cleared the way for his team mates. Everything was going into plan.

“Seo, can you take a look around the building? It’s a little quiet over here.” Taeng informed while helping Sunny keep a look out as she planted the explosives.

“Oppa, everything’s clear so far.” Seohyun told him after checking all the cameras within the premises.

“Noona, we’re done with the guards inside the hideout.” Yoong said.

“Sunny’s done too.”

“Alright, proceed over to assist Yul and Sica.” Tiffany instructed.

“We’re fine Fany, we’ve reached the middle room.All that’s left now is to capture the criminal.” Yul told Tiffany.

“Okay then, retreat when you’re done with your part. We’ll pick you guys up at the drop-off point just now.”

“Fany the door seems to be locked. I can’t open it.” Jessica said while trying to turn the door knob.

“Try picking the lock. If you can’t, then kick it.” Tiffany replied.

They’ve succeeded half of the mission. All that’s left now was to capture the criminal, wait for Yul and Sica to exit the building and Sunny can then bomb it. Everything was fine until Sunny and Taeng walked out of the building. Sunny realized something, something very wrong. The bombs she planted outside were out of place. It was as if they were moved. She decided to check it out and her eyes widened at what she saw.

The bombs were disarmed. The wires were cut.

 “GUYS IT’S A TRAP! MY BOMBS ARE DISARMED. WE’VE BEEN TRICKED! RETREAT NOW!” Sunny shouted into the earpiece and ran off together with Taeng.

However, it was too late. Yul managed to kick the door open before Sunny finished her sentence. The moment the door was opened, a wire snapped. It led to a bomb within the middle room to start its timer.

00:00:30

Yul and Jessica were shocked when they realized what happened. They have exactly 30 seconds to escape the building. They started running towards the exit but it was locked. ‘.’

Yul tried to break the door by shooting at it but it wasn’t working. Being an on-field specialist, Jessica was trained to deal with situations like this. But time wasn’t in their favour. She decided to escape from the windows at level 2 so the building, so they went up to the next floor.

Apparently, the trap was planned beforehand. All windows were unbreakable and bulletproof. They were unable to escape.

‘Think Jessica think’

Jessica closed her eyes to think of the best scenario. She had one in mind but Yul wouldn’t like it. But she had no choice. The time was ticking.

00:00:20

“Yul.” Jessica called him.

“Everything’s preplanned. There’s no other way for the both of us to escape together.”

“What do you mean?”

The rest of the members heard their conversation.

“Yul and Sica! Where are you guys!”

“We’re fine!” Jessica lied and took off her ear piece.

00:00:15

“The only way to stay alive is to escape on the dot when the bomb blows off.” Jessica said.

“How is that possible?!” Yul didn’t like the idea. He sensed that it wasn’t something good.

“When the bomb explodes, the windows will blow. I’ll push you out of it.”

“What about you!” Yul didn’t want to follow what Jessica said. Not when she’s gonna sacrifice her life for him.

“Yul what’s going on! I can’t get through Jessi!” Tiffany asked. Yuri ignored and took off his earpiece too.

“I’ll try to follow behind.” Jessica tried to give him a smile.

“Sica. Baby, you can’t do this.”

“It’s the best option.”

00:00:10

“No, Sica you can’t do this to me.” Tears were already streaming down both of their faces.

“Yul, we can’t both die at the same time. It’d be too much for the members.” Sica wiped his tears away.

“No, Sica. No.” He grabbed her hands tight, didn’t want to let go.

“Yul, promise me you’ll be strong.”

“No Sica, there has to be another way!” He was desperate. Desperate to change her mind.

00:00:05

“Tell them I love them. A lot.” She was stubborn. Like how she had always been.

“No Sica. We’ll make it out and you’ll tell them yourself.” He couldn’t control his emotions. Not when he’s going to lose love of his life right in front of his own eyes.

“I love you the most, Kwon Yul. More than you ever know.” She pulled him by his collar and gave him the last kiss through her tears streaming face.

00:00:00

The moment the figures on the time bomb turned zero, Jessica pushed Yul towards the windows with all her might.

The building exploded.