The Aftermath

The S Squad

Here's an update for Soshi's win on SMA. Please take note that the entire chapter is a flashback.


Flashback

“Yul! Yul! Kwon Yul!”

“Sica! Jessica! Jessica Jung!”

The members can’t get through the couple, and based on the conversation that they heard, things weren't looking good.

“Seo! Can you try to locate the two of them? Tiffany asked. She prayed that the two of them were alright. ‘Please let them be safe.’

“Unnie I can’t. The cameras don’t seem to work anymore.” Seohyun tried her best to reconnect the cameras to her system but she couldn’t.

“Damn it! I’m going back to get them.” Taeng wasn’t going to leave with his team being incomplete.

But he was a second late. The building exploded right in front of his very own eyes. ‘No.’

‘Oh My God.’ The members couldn’t believe what just happened. Everyone immediately ran over to the site.

The building was destroyed completely. Everything was on fire. They couldn’t make out where was the entrance or the exit. The building that stood on this ground just crumbled down to nothingness. All it took was just one second. One second for everything to change. The members were desperate. They chose to believe that the two agents managed to survive this disaster. Everyone went around searching for them, screaming here and there, hoping to see any movement, or hear any cry for help. Anything.

Seohyun, with tears-stained face, tried her very best to track back to where both of them were last seen, according to the tracking device that she installed in the ear piece. And there, she saw something. Hope.

“Yul oppa!”

When everyone else heard her scream, they immediately rushed over to where she was. They saw a hand, but it was limped. Removing all the debris that covered the hand, they saw him. His head was bleeding profusely.

Taeng knelt down and check on him. There was a pulse. A faint pulse. “Buddy wake up! Stay awake with us!” He shouted when he felt that the pulse was getting slower and slower. They tried to stop his bleeding and did everything they can to keep him alive. They needed him to be alive and wait for help to arrive.

---

Yul was sent to the hospital. He’s safe, as of now. But they’re still short of one member. Where’s she? Officials sent other agents to help search the entire area but they found nothing. Not even a body. Jessica was missing.

Tiffany broke down, crying badly, when she heard of the news. Her best friend was missing. It would’ve been less sad if there’s at least a body. But there’s nothing. And as if it wasn’t bad enough for The S Squad members, the doctor came out of the surgery theatre, telling them that Yul got into coma and it can’t be predicted when he would wake up.

“Fany..” Taeng was already heartbroken enough, to have him found his best buddy in a state that he would never imagine Yul to be in. But he couldn’t afford to break down when his princess was bawling her eyes out with the news of her missing best friend.

“Once everyone recovers, we’ll find her together.” He tried to comfort her, even though he knows that he sounded ridiculous. It’s nearly impossible for someone to survive that explosion. Yul’s survival was a miracle.

“Taeng..Jessi can’t be dead. Right?” Fany hugged him tight and tried to find comfort within his warm.

“Sica’s the best on-field specialist in the force. She will survive. Maybe she’d escape to elsewhere. We’ll just have to find her. We’ll find her.” He told her, or more like he was trying to convince both her and himself.

Everyone was broken. No one in SSF has seen The S Squad been like this before. It was as if a part of them was gone.