Hallway Trouble

Bullied for Love

HALLWAY TROUBLE

"Did you really have to do that to him? Don't you feel any sympathy towards him?" Chanyeol was taken back by Jongdae's words. He didn't expect his best friend to be turning his back on him. In his mind, Chanyeol thought Jongdae would be applauding him and congratulating him. 
"I didn't do the right thing? You told him I liked him and he'll get the wrong idea! I wanted him to know that I don't like him." Jongdae chuckled and a smirk formed on his face. This was starting to anger Chanyeol who wanted someone to support him. He began feeling guilty for yelling at Baekhyun, which resulted in him getting angry. Since there wasn't anyone who thought Chanyeol did the right thing, the ugly was eating him up. 
"You know the you do like him." 
"Jongdae... You know I'm not gay." Chanyeol laughed and shook his head. He couldn't believe Jongdae would think that Chanyeol had fallen for Baekhyun. "You think I would like some loser like him?" 
"Then why did you save him from Kris?" Chanyeol never remember Jongdae being at the scene of the fight. 
"I didn't save him-"
"I saw you there. You screamed out his name, like he was so precious to you." Because Jongdae saw everything, he had to be there. He must've seen everything and this made Chanyeol even more angrier. 
"You were there and you didn't help me? You let me get beat up by Kris?! How could you!" Chanyeol's voice resonated through the halls and he was pretty sure Baekhyun heard him. The little boy was on the ground crying his eyes out and when he heard Chanyeol's yelling, he stopped. Baekhyun got up and began walking towards Chanyeol's voice when he stopped and eavesdropped on the two boys' conversation. 
"I was there and the reason I didn't help was because I would've gotten in your way. I didn't want to disturb you being the hero and saving your precious Baekhyun." 
"Enough! How many times do I need to tell you that he means nothing to me-" 
"Then why did you take care of him? What was that all about. I know who you are and if it was anyone else, you would've just let them stay there!" 
"You don't know me enough then-" 
"I know you WELL enough to know you would just leave the other person there. I've been with you through incidents in the past where this has happened. You don't take care of anyone like that." 
"Jongdae, you don't know what you're talking about." 
"Chanyeol, quit living in a lie. I've had enough of this, you took him into your care and made him feel like he was something to you. Now you're just going to toss him aside like that? You're going to finish what you've started!" Chanyeol chuckled and nodded. 
"Alright, you want me to finish it?" Chanyeol began walking back to where Baekhyun was and stopped when he turned the corner. He saw Baekhyun standing there looking up at him with wide eyes. Jongdae had wondered why he stopped, so he walked up to Chanyeol and saw that Baekhyun was there. "You little punk! How long have you been standing here!" Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun by the collar of his shirt. "What did you hear?!" 
"It doesn't matter. Do it Chanyeol, I want to see you punch him. If you really don't care about him, go ahead and punch him." Baekhyun was shocked that Jongdae would just let this happen. After he had defended Baekhyun, he would just let Chanyeol punch him right in the face. 
"No, Chanyeol, please don't do it. I'll stop following you around, I'll stop being in your way. Please don't hurt me." Chanyeol glared right into Baekhyun's eyes with anger. 
"Chanyeol, if you really don't care about him, you're going to ignore his words and punch him." Chanyeol had his fist ready to land right on Baekhyun's face. "Do it. You won't." 
"Chanyeol, please. Don't do it! Please don't!" Baekhyun was in tears and tried fighting Chanyeol's grip. Chanyeol sighed and put down the little boy. 
"Quit crying. I won't do it." Jongdae smiled and nodded at Baekhyun who was utterly confused. 
"I knew you cared about him." Chanyeol snickered and walked back into the gym. Jongdae patted Baekhyun's shoulder and smiled at him. 
"Don't worry about Chanyeol now. You just carry on doing what you usually do and things will be fine. 
"Wait, what was that all about? Why did you let him almost punch me?" 
"Don't worry about it. Just go back to class." Jongdae smiled and walked back to his class. Baekhyun closed his eyes and slid against the wall. He put his hand over his eyes and did his best to take in everything that was happening. It didn't make sense to him. One moment Chanyeol is angry at him and then the next he doesn't want to punch him. It's a rollercoaster ride that Baekhyun isn't understanding and neither is his heart. 
"I hate myself for liking you..." 

***~~~***

"I hate myself for liking you..." Chanyeol stopped in his tracks before approaching Baekhyun. The words kept replaying in his head and wouldn't leave. This wasn't the time to talk to Baekhyun and so he thought it would be best to talk after school. Right now, Chanyeol was just as confused as Baekhyun was. He was beginning to be very curious to. The giant wondered who Baekhyun was referring to. He wondered if it was Jongdae, but then Chanyeol wondered why he would hate Jongdae. Kris was another suspect, but Chanyeol doubts Baekhyun would fall for Kris. There was only one person Chanyeol could think of: himself. 

He likes me...? 

"Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol didn't want to miss this conversation so he stayed and eavesdropped. 
"Yeah... It's alright... Well no, I lied. I want to leave. I hate it here." Chanyeol couldn't hear Kyungsoo over the phone at all, but this made him a little bit upset. 
"Uh huh... I know. Then I guess I'll be transferring to your school next week." Chanyeol was completely in shock. He didn't want Baekhyun to leave him and there was this pain in his heart that immediately sprang out of nowhere. 
"I'll see you next week then. I'll talk to my mom and then I'll finally be out of this school..." 
"Haha, alright. See you Soo!" Baekhyun hung up and let out a deep breath. "Finally I get to leave." He got on his feet and was about to walk into the gym when he saw Chanyeol standing in his path. He ignored the giant and walked passed him hoping nothing would happen. As he walked passed him, the giant grabbed his arm and turned the smaller boy around. 
"You're leaving?" 
"Yep, you won't have to deal with me anymore. Its been nice knowing you Chanyeol." 
"But-" 
"Don't worry, you'll find someone else to bully. Thanks for everything." Baekhyun smiled weakly and pulled his arm back. He walked back into the gym and left Chanyeol alone in the hallway. 
"Goodbye." A tear slipped out of Chanyeol's and onto the floor splitting into many drops.