The Nightmare

Bullied for Love

THE NIGHTMARE

Baekhyun got ready for school with an uneasy heart. He wasn't sure how to approach this boy that he liked. He tried very hard to push away the thought, but it kept coming back. There was no certainty that these feelings would last, but he never did have a thing for girls. It's possible Park Chanyeol could be that one person for him. As he looked at himself in the mirror, he noticed his neck had recovered from the red that was there yesterday. Then it struck him, what about Kris? More and more worries Baekhyun had to carry around during the school day. After all, Kris and Baekhyun sat next to each other in his last class. He let out a deep breath and made his way downstairs to meet up with his mother. 

***~~~***

"So, I heard you took care of your little Baekhyun yesterday." 
"Says who?" 
"Says the person who saw you carry him." Chanyeol began worrying and thought someone saw him carry Baekhyun his house. He looked at Jongdae and waited for him to say something else. Jongdae began laughing and patted his friend's shoulder, "Oh don't worry, it was only me." Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief. 
"You scared me." 
"So what're you going to do about him?"
"The usual... Bully him." Jongdae looked confused now. 
"What? You just took care of him and now you're going to ignore all of that?" 
"Is that the wrong thing to do?" 
"You give him wrong signs." Chanyeol put down his phone and took a moment to form his thoughts together. 
"You're speaking as if we like each other!" 
"Woah, so defensive." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and continued playing on his phone. 
"He wasn't any fun yesterday. Just sat there like a lost puppy."
"How long did he even stay for?" 
"Only until 8, so what?" 
"Wow, what is that? 6 hours together. How cute." Chanyeol put his phone down again and this time with more force. 
"Yah! I told you it's nothing. Would you leave a person who just got knocked out on the ground?" 
"If it's a stranger, I would just call the ambulance. If it was a friend, I would've brought him over. If we were something more-"
"Enough! I didn't think he should've been left there and-" 
"And there he is. Look at how clumsy he is." Chanyeol turned his attention to Baekhyun who was trying to get the door to open. Little did he know, the door to the student lounge from where Baekhyun was only opened from the inside. The two watched as Baekhyun tried to nonchalantly open the door and then ultimately failed. Chanyeol sighed and got up to go open the door, but Jongdae grabbed his arm. 
"So why're you going?" Jongdae winked. Chanyeol pulled his arm back and rolled his eyes once more before going towards the door. As he reached it, he noticed Baekhyun looked more scared than he did yesterday. A part of Chanyeol wanted to ask him why, but another part just ignored it. The door was opened and Baekhyun bowed and thanked him. 
"Listen stupid, this door only opens from the inside. If you want to get in, go around to that door." Chanyeol pointed to a set of doors on the opposite side of the room. As Baekhyun looked over, he noticed Jongdae giving hearts to the two of them. Baekhyun giggled and blushed, which caused Chanyeol to become confused. 
"What're you giggling at?"
"N-nothing. Thanks for opening the door." Baekhyun quickly made his way around Chanyeol and walked over to an empty table. He finally found one near a self of books and settled there to look over his schedule once again. He made sure to have all his notebooks and pencils in order. After completing his organization, he checked his phone and noticed a text from a random number. This wasn't Kyungsoo's number, who he had wanted to text. Baekhyun unlocked the phone and read the message. He felt a pinch of butterflies fluttering in his stomach and his cheeks slowly boiling. 

From: XXX-XXX-XXXX

It's me Chanyeol ;) you feeling lonely over thebeskabbbehdic

The end of the message confused Baekhyun and he looked over to where Chanyeol was sitting. It seems Jongdae had gotten hold of Chanyeol's phone and now the two are fighting over it. This would make perfect sense of why the last word was not legible at all. Then another thought came to his head: how did Chanyeol get his number? From that thought came another: WHY would Chanyeol want/keep his number? Baekhyun didn't want to feel hopeful but he felt like Chanyeol could be someone nice. Baekhyun grabbed his things and walked over to Chanyeol's table. He felt his heart beating faster and faster as he approached the table, but would not stop. Before he knew it, he was there and the two boys were looking at him. They were tangled up from trying to take control of the phone. Chanyeol was the one who was scared this time. 
"Th-that wasn't from me! It was all Jongdae!" Baekhyun knew exactly what Chanyeol was talking about, but played things off nicely. 
"Wh-what're you talking about?" 
"You mean you didn't get the message?" Baekhyun checked his phone and shook his head. 
"Nothing, why?" 
"Uh... No reason..." Jongdae looked confused and began texting something again before Chanyeol took his phone back.
"You want to stop?" Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun, "what do you want?" 
"Just... Nothing." Baekhyun started making his way to class. When he left, Chanyeol smacked Jongdae's head. 
"OW! What was that for?" 
"You sent the message to him!" 
"So why does it matter? If you don't like him then it shouldn't matter!" 
"It's not that! It's what he'll think of me. I don't want him liking me, that's weird!" 
"Well, what's done is done." Jongdae shrugged and grabbed his books before going to class. Chanyeol sighed because he had to sit next to Baekhyun during his first class. 

***~~~***

The first class had ended quickly and Chanyeol was surprised he wasn't feeling any weird vibes from Baekhyun. He boy made no eye contact whatsoever and was really focused on his work. The second class had begun and once again they were not doing anything for physical education, so Chanyeol thought this was the perfect time to set the record straight. He walked over to the lonely boy reading and towered over him. Baekhyun was amazing by how tall this made Chanyeol look. 
"We need to talk." 
"Sure..." Baekhyun closed his book and put it away so he could follow Chanyeol. They both walked into the empty hallway like yesterday. Chanyeol made sure no one was around. 
"Yesterday. You better not mention it to anyone. I swear if anyone else knows, you're going to pay big time for it." 
"Why did you do it though?"
"Because I have a heart. Like I said to you yesterday."
"But you treated me so nicely-"
"That doesn't matter now. Do not bring it up again." Baekhyun nodded slowly. He felt upset, but not so much because he knew there was something Chanyeol was hiding, not just from him, but from the world. 
"Alright..." 
"And that message. I know you got that message. Don't try to play dumb." 
"Yeah... I did... Why do you have my number?" 
"Quit asking questions! Don't think for one second that I wanted you to come over. And that wink, no way! There is no way I could ever like you. Make sure to erase that thought from your head if it isn't gone already." Baekhyun looked to the ground and his watery eyes from Chanyeol. He nodded and bit his lower lip trying to not sniffle. 
"O-okay." 
"Good." Chanyeol walked back to the gym but saw Jongdae in his path. Jongdae didn't look too happy at all. 



I KNOW ITS BEEN FOREVER! I've had this chapter written for some time, but I just didn't want to upload it yet because I like to write the next chapter first. I don't know, I'm weird. And to be honest„ yes I've neglected my stories for so long now. I'm going to write and release in bulk to make up for the time that has slipped by. I'm so sorry guys and I know apologies won't be enough„ so that's why I'm going to write a LOT!