Phoenix's Care

Bullied for Love

PHOENIX'S CARE

"GET OFF OF ME!" Chanyeol somehow managed to get Tao off of him and he continued by punching in the face. He ran up to Kris and punched Kris right in the face as well. Baekhyun dropped to the floor and it was clear that he was unconscious. Chanyeol had little time to react as Kris retaliated. Soon enough Chanyeol was being stomped on by Tao and Kris. Chanyeol laid on the ground after they did their damage. 
"Let's go." Kris and Tao left Chanyeol and Baekhyun as they were. To them, both teens were unconscious, but Chanyeol waited for them to be gone before picking himself up. He was hurt everywhere and was angry that he had been so beaten up by the person he hated. He could hardly hold himself up, but he knew he couldn't leave Baekhyun lying there on his own. Chanyeol did his best to get Baekhyun on his back and carried him to Chanyeol's house. 

***~~~***

Chanyeol dropped Baekhyun onto the sofa and he fell into the chair next to the sofa. Chanyeol let out a breath and check his wounds. All that was on his skin were bruises. Thankfully no blood was spilled. He then looked over to Baekhyun and noticed that his neck was red from Kris' hand marks. Chanyeol couldn't remember if he was hit or not, but he checked to see if any damage was done. Picking himself up with all his might, fighting off the pain, he went over to Baekhyun and observed his body. All seemed well to Chanyeol so he made his way to the bathroom to get some cream for his wounds. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun's eyes slowly opened to see Chanyeol looking over him with a towel in his hand. 
"Ch-Chanyeol?" Baekhyun's voice was weak and hardly audible. Chanyeol made out Baekhyun's lips and knew what he was saying. 
"Don't worry, I'm not going to choke you. Just stay still. Are you hurt any where else?" Baekhyun nodded his head. 
"Back." Chanyeol slowly turned Baekhyun over and lifted up his shirt. He saw a big bruise on his back. Chanyeol touched it a little bit and noticed that Baekhyun squirmed. 
"I'm going to put some cream on it. It's going to tingle when I touch you, but it's only because there's contact with the bruise." Baekhyun nodded his head and Chanyeol applied the cream to the other boy's back. After he put the cream on, he pulled down his shirt and turned Baekhyun over. 
"Wh-why?" Baekhyun tried saying more, but he couldn't manage it. His throat was in so much pain from earlier that he couldn't really make whole sentences. 
"Why what?" 
"H-help... Me..." 
"I'm not a heartless person." Baekhyun smiled. 
"Th-thank you." His eyes felt heavy and they shut. He slowly went to sleep and remembered when Chanyeol called out to him. Something about Chanyeol calling his name with such worry made Baekhyun feel important inside. Chanyeol let Baekhyun rest and he would explain to his mom later what had happened. He put Baekhyun's phone on the table and charged it for him. Chanyeol noticed a couple of messages from Do Kyungsoo. He ignored it and went to text Baekhyun's mom. 

To: Eomma

I'm staying at a friend's house for a little bit. I'll be home tonight. Love you~

Chanyeol wasn't sure if that was how Baekhyun spoke with his mom, but it seemed like enough. He then made his way to go to the kitchen to make some food. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun was waken up by Chanyeol's light pushes. 
"Hey, I made some food. I'm sure you're hungry now." Baekhyun was hardly aware of his surroundings since he thought that everything that had happened when he was conscious before was a dream. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun sit up and put a tray on his lap. Baekhyun smiled softly. "I know it sounds weird, but do you need me to feed you? I don't know how much energy you have in you..." Baekhyun had to really take in what he was hearing. This boy who made his day the worst day he could have at school was taking care of him and feeding him. Baekhyun wondered if Chanyeol had taken some drugs after school. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head. 
"If you need anything, let me know, alright?" Baekhyun smiled and nodded. He looked at the food and it smelled amazing. It reminded him of Kyungsoo's cooking. He then remembered he was supposed to call Kyungsoo right when he got home. He looked around for his phone, which he found on a desk charging. He smiled at how thoughtful Chanyeol was. He noticed Chanyeol coming back from the kitchen with a bowl of food in his hand. For the first time ever, Baekhyun saw a smile on Chanyeol's face. 
"How's the food?" Chanyeol walked over, "You haven't even touched it yet." 
"S-sorry. I'll try it now." His voice seemed to have healed since he last tried speaking. When he put the rice and pork into his mouth, he was amazed once again. The food tasted just as good as it smelled. "MMMM!" 
"I'm glad you like it." Chanyeol plopped himself in the chair next to the couch Baekhyun was sitting on and the TV. "Want to watch something?" Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, but he really meant he would watch whatever. 

***~~~***

After Baekhyun had finished his food, Chanyeol took the tray and carried it to the kitchen to clean. Baekhyun checked the time on the clock on the wall and was surprised to see that it was only 6:45. He thought it would have been 10, or something. Chanyeol returned with another bowl and handed it over to Baekhyun. It was ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate fudge. 
"You can have this right?" Baekhyun nodded, "Want some?" Baekhyun nodded once again. He took the bowl from Chanyeol's hand and happily ate the ice cream. "Oh yeah, I forgot to give you your phone. Here you go." Chanyeol handed over Baekhyun his phone. Baekhyun put the bowl in his lap and took his phone. "I texted your mom by the way... I hope it was alright, I didn't want her worrying." Baekhyun checked his message and saw the message he sent. He also saw that Kyungsoo's messages were left untouched. Chanyeol respected Baekhyun's privacy and that's what he liked. 
"It's fine." 
"When do you want to go home?" Baekhyun checked the time and thought about it. He wanted to leave Chanyeol as quickly as possible, but kind of wanted to see more of what would happen.
"8?" 
"Sure, I'll drive you home then." Baekhyun could not grasp the reality of everything that was happening. He must be in a dream or something. He would not accept that Chanyeol would change in just a matter of hours. There was something else and Baekhyun was determined to find out.