Indirect Effect

Bullied for Love

INDIRECT EFFECT

He's calling me... Now?! 

Chanyeol look at his phone and then went down the path of ignoring Baekhyun. When the ringing had ended, Chanyeol was calm, but the ringing started up again. Two more times it would ring like this and then complete silence. He wondered if he should call back, but at the same time he didn't want to care. To Chanyeol, Baekhyun had the whole weekend to figure out an answer and possibly reply in school. Instead, he looked completely dumb about the situation and made no mention of the topic. Chanyeol shrugged it off as best he could and went on with his day. 

***~~~***

"Baekhyun-ah! Don't think like that. You're not a tool and you know that. Come on, cheer up." Baekhyun nodded, but then realized he was speaking over the phone. 
"Mhm... I understand. I'll be fine. Thank you Kyunggie. What do you think I should do?" 
"You're welcome. Be strong, Baekkie. I'll talk to you later alright? My mom wants me to go help her with organizing groceries." 
"Good luck!" 
"Talk to you later!"
"Bye Kyunggie!" 
"Bye! Make sure to not think badly of yourself." Kyungsoo hung up and Baekhyun sighed before dropping his onto the bed. He still had his phone in his hands in front of him so he looked up to see if Chanyeol had replied. 
"Of course, nothing." 

***~~~***

"You're telling me to talk to him?" 
"Yeah, why not?" Jongdae said while the ice cream sliding down the side of the cone. Chanyeol only had a couple of bites and was already ready to throw out his ice cream. He couldn't eat because he was thinking too much of the situation. 
"Why not? Well for one, I just went off on him and I would feel awkward. Another thing is, why should I talk to him when he doesn't even reply to my text?" Jongdae swallowed the ice cream in his mouth and then nodded. 
"Are you sure you don't like him?" 
"Maybe as a friend I could do that." 
"No... You know..." Jongdae leaned in closer, "like like him." Chanyeol pushed himself back and then furrowed his eyebrows. 
"Like... Gay love?" Jongdae nodded and continued eating his ice cream. Chanyeol's heart was beating and he didn't know why. He wanted to avoid this topic from now on and never touch upon it again.

Maybe Jongdae's right... I'm probably bi...?

***~~~***

Baekhyun heard the doorbell ring and then figured his mom would get it. When the ringing didn't stop, he sighed and then got up to go greet the guest. 
"Damn it, where's mom?" He opened the door, "Hell- KYUGSOO!" 
"BAEKHYUN!" Kyungsoo jumped into Baekhyun's arms for a hug and the latter squeezed him tight. 
"What're you doing here?" 
"Well I wanted to visit you because you seem so down. I can't stay that long, but it's nice to visit you know?" 
"I'm glad to see you! Wow nice hair." Kyungsoo blushed and smiled at Baekhyun's comment. Not only was it dyed, but it was also styled by Kyungsoo's hair dresser. She taught him how to do it in different ways and he was happy that he finally learned the art of doing hair. 
"Well, you want to get ice cream?"
"Ha, sure!" Baekhyun invited Kyungsoo inside and then ran upstairs to get his wallet. He came down very shortly and saw Kyungsoo in the kitchen checking out the utensils. 
"Wah! You have such cool tools! Did you get new items when you moved?" Baekhyun nodded and giggled at Kyungsoo's appreciation for everything kitchen. 
"Maybe you can come over one weekend and make me food!" 
"Or I can make myself some and not feed you!" Kyungsoo laughed. Baekhyun shook his head and signaled to go. Kyungsoo nodded and carefully placed down the knife he was holding. 

***~~~***


Baekhyun and Kyungsoo walked into the ice cream shop and then walked straight for the counter. There was a line like usual and so they waited, while conversing. 
"I didn't tell you this earlier, but... Your eyeliner is smeared." Kyungsoo whispered in Baekhyun's ear. 
"What?!" Baekhyun whipped out his phone and then checked his reflection. "Damn it, you're right." 
"It's not that bad. Here lemme wipe it." Baekhyun giggled and then waited for Mama Kyungsoo to do her thing. Kyungsoo his thumb and then began wiping away the smeared eyeliner. 
"I think it's better if you just take it off..." 
"Ah fine, I'll take it off." Baekhyun headed for the bathroom and began washing away his eyeliner. Baekhyun then returned in the line and stood next to Kyungsoo. He yawned and then placed his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. 
"This doesn't work if we're the same height."
"Shh, it works if you think it." Kyungsoo chuckled and played along. 

***~~~***

"You think about him a lot. Maybe you should just think what I said over." 
"Maybe... I'll think about it. Did you ever think I was?" 
"Nah, but I don't care. You're my best friend, so why would it matter to me?" 
"Thanks." Chanyeol smiled and then looked up and his eyes widened. He did not expect Baekhyun to be walking into the same ice cream shop he was in and with a different person. "Jongdae!" Chanyeol whispered.
"What?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes over to Baekhyun and Jongdae turned to look. He smiled at Chanyeol and then winked. "Oh look who it is, Prince Charming." 
"Shut up! But who's the other guy?" 
"Maybe his friend... You and I aren't Baekhyun's only source of human socializing." 
"Okay well he doesn't go to our school." 
"Just leave him be, I'm sure he's fine." Jongdae continued eating his ice cream and would take quick glances at both Baekhyun and Chanyeol. But then something he saw struck Chanyeol's nerves.

Uh oh...

Chanyeol and Jongdae saw Kyungsoo cleaning eyeliner off of Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned to Jongdae with such a different emotion. 
"How could he let that other kid do that?! Does this mean they're a thing?" 
"You're jumping to conclusions! Just keep watching, maybe they're just good friends. Quit being so protective over someone you just basically dumped." 
"What're-" 
"You sounded like an angry girlfriend when you yelled at Baekhyun." Chanyeol blushed and turned to watch the pair. After a minute or two, Baekhyun returned next to Kyungsoo and then placed his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. 
"Jongdae! What is this?! Am I jumping to conclusions now?!" 
"Maybe they're good friends?" 
"That's it, I'm going to tell him off! How could he just get someone new that quick-" 
"Oh so you don't like him?" 
"I... Uh... ." 


Hehe, our little Chanyeol is getting jealous. ^.^ Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! Not too much drama right? Not yet...