Third Month

Bullied for Love

THIRD MONTH

 

The transition into the third month was probably the worst. As Baekhyun watched summer change into fall, he could feel himself growing ever so sadly. It was painful seeing all the leaves turn into their fall color and missing out on the end of summer. Baekhyun enjoyed being out during the transitions from winter to spring and summer to fall because the weather during those times were just so wondrous. If this didn’t happen, he probably would be able to walk outside with Ch- someone under the changing trees. He sighed as he finally realized what time of the year he’s in and what he has missed all because of that Chanyeol. 

 

If I had not ever decided to go see him… 

 

“DAMN IT!” Baekhyun screamed out loud and slammed his fists on his bed. The soft fabric was a reminder of where he was in the world. Somewhere that only the unhealthy are in. There was anger that grew that simple reminder. The very thought of why Chanyeol didn’t respond could cause the happiness to end and be replaced with the dark clouds of anger. Baekhyun didn’t want to put blame on Chanyeol, but it was the fact that because he made the smaller boy go to the school that time, he got shot. 

 

“Piece of .” 

 

***~~~***

 

The school work was endless, but it wasn’t anything too much for Baekhyun. He was always on top of his game when it came to the work because he didn’t want to fall behind. There were some times when he would do his math work and think of Chanyeol and how the giant easily understood it so well. In some ways, it motivated him to try more, but in other ways, it made him want to close the book and not have to be reminded of the boy. 

 

Ever since the third month started, the nurses began walking with Baekhyun every single day to make sure that he would recover at the fastest rate. He realized that his back nor his legs hurt, which caused the young boy to feel very proud of how hard he worked at it. Baekhyun would walk back and forth sometimes without the nurses help because he actually missed it. He would occasionally ask if he could outside and walk, but the nurses didn’t allow it because it was cold and he would probably walk in and catch some sort of sickness from the other patients. It was better to keep Baekhyun inside his room where he had a much less chance of getting sick. Baekhyun didn’t like it at first, but then he realized he would rather not be able to walk outside than to stay another week, or so just because he got sick. 

 

Four people would occasionally visit him: Kyungsoo, his mother, the nurse, and his doctor. Kyungsoo and Mrs. Byun’s schedule visits did not change ever since day one. Kyungsoo would come once during the week and then once during the weekend. There was one time he couldn’t make it and Baekhyun was quite upset. 

 

“Yah! Let the boy do it himself!” Baekhyun screamed over the phone. Kyungsoo didn’t know to handle the situation because he felt like he was ditching Baekhyun for another boy. But this boy is Kim Jongin. How can he let this chance go?

“But, Baekhyun… It’s a group project and we have to get it done…” It killed Kyungsoo to lie to Baekhyun, but it would only be this once, “I’ll make it up to you too.” Baekhyun was silent over the phone, which frightened Kyungsoo a bit. 

“Fine.” The doe eyed boy smiled widely and said his many thanks over the phone before hanging up.

“If you do-” Baekhyun sighed and shook his head, then smiled because Kyungsoo might have actually found someone.

 

Mrs. Byun would sometimes bring chocolate to give to Baekhyun as motivation to recover faster and as a reward for doing all his work. Sometimes he would be so into his work that he didn’t speak to his mother after greeting her. She would just sit there and observe her hardworking son and be very proud. 

 

The nurse came in everyday to walk with Baekhyun around his room and up and down the hallways to make sure that he was doing just fine. She would take notes down on the clipboard attached to his desk after half an hour of walking and then left after saying a warm goodbye.

 

The doctor came in about once a week to read the report attached to the bed and then give Baekhyun an update of where he was in his recovery. On the second visit, he told Baekhyun that it seems he would be out very soon. The next time the doctor came, Baekhyun had got very good news he wanted to share.

 

“Baekhyun, this is wonderful!” 

“What is it?”

“You’ll be out in just about two weeks.” Baekhyun smiled widely and then thanked the doctor.

 

The next two weeks passed by and Baekhyun made sure he didn’t miss a meal or a step in his walk. He wanted to be as healthy as possible to finally be able to get out of the hospital. Once the news was told to Kyungsoo and his mom, they just couldn’t wait to walk him out of the hospital. 

 

***~~~***

 

And now here they are on the last day Baekhyun has to stay. It wasn’t even considered one day because he would be leaving in the afternoon. 

“Excited aren’t you?” Baekhyun nodded cheekly.

“Very.” The doctor walked in and everyone exchanged greetings. 

“Well, this is it. You’ve been here for three months and you made a fast recovery. I’m very proud of you.” Baekhyun blushed and thanked the doctor, “I guess this is goodbye for you and I.” 

“Maybe, I’ll be back here.”

“I hope not!” Baekhyun was shocked to hear the doctor say that, but then realized where he went wrong.

“Oh no, maybe to visit, or something… I don’t know what I’m saying. I’m just too excited.” The doctor smiled and then patted his shoulder.

“You be good now. You shouldn’t get into danger like that. You barely survived that incident. The young boy nodded and then they said their final goodbyes.

 

***~~~***

 

Night came around and Baekhyun finally felt situated from all this trouble. He would be going back to school tomorrow and then he can finally confront the person who was on his mind for the past three months. The excitement and nerves were too much, but they pushed him to text the other boy anyway. 

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

I’m finally out of the hospital. Back at home now! :)

 

Baekhyun smiled and then sent the message. His eyelids were heavy, so it was obviously the time to go to sleep. He set his phone aside and allowed his mind to drift endlessly into the realm of deep sleep. 

 

An hour later, Baekhyun’s phone buzzed, but it wasn’t loud enough to wake him up.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Don’t talk to me ever again. 


Hey, sorry I didn’t update this yesterday! I was running so many errands and what not and I was surprised I was able to update on Tuesday too. Tomorrow I’ll be up with another chapter, maybe two! But I hope that one for today was enough! I’ll see you guys tomorrow!