Painful Confrontation

Bullied for Love

PAINFUL CONFRONTATION 

 

Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun for a little while before letting him go and glaring at him. Baekhyun was shaking intensely from the fear that was rushing through him. He had never seen the giant so angry and it made him wonder what happened to the happy and caring Chanyeol that he used to know. The two didn’t break eye contact for a while and it was just them in the hallways with the dead silence surrounding their awkward confrontation. The only thing the two could hear other than the silence is the sound of their hearts beating through their chests. For Baekhyun, it was because of fear and sadness. For Chanyeol, it was because he was dying inside and wishing to apologize to Baekhyun, but he knew he couldn’t. The very fact that being too close caused Baekhyun’s near death gripped Chanyeol’s mind. This causes him to repel the smaller boy at all costs. Whether it would be Baekhyun, or anyone else, Chanyeol wouldn’t allow it. On the surface he was a tough person who would pick on the new people at the school, but inside he is actually a warm and caring person. 

 

The confrontation finally ended when Chanyeol turned around without saying a word and began walking off down the hallway to go out the door. Baekhyun broke out of his frozen state and knew he couldn’t let the giant go. He was so close to getting somewhere and Chanyeol speaking to him was already progress. Even though it was being yelled at, he didn’t care. It still meant that Baekhyun isn’t invisible. Baekhyun went to grab Chanyeol’s arm, which caused the giant to throw Baekhyun against the locker. The sound of a body and metal clashing together reverberated through the halls and probably was audible from outside. Baekhyun squeezed his eyes tight from the pain and groaned. 

“WHAT DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?!”

“I… I won’t let you go through pain alone…” Baekhyun spoke with a broken voice and tears in his eyes. He stared at Chanyeol with the watery eyes hoping it would break the angry aura that encapsulated Chanyeol. The latter’s mind was telling him to leave Baekhyun, but his heart was telling him to take him back. Chanyeol closed his eyes and then hoped that everything would go away and go back to normal. 

 

He opened his eyes and saw a pair of watery eyes staring back at him. 

“Let me go through this hell on my own.” It was the first time Chanyeol had spoken softly to Baekhyun. The voice was calm and almost empty from the anger and evil. 

“Please let me help,” Baekhyun fought off the sob, but it was obvious that he was sobbing. Chanyeol couldn’t take it anymore and turned around to head off in the other direction. Baekhyun was wondering what he could do right now to change everything and possibly get Chanyeol back. Before he could think anymore, he could already feel his arm reaching out and his legs moving swiftly towards the giant.

 

Chanyeol felt a surge of pain going through him and then immediately turned around with a fist and swinging his arm in the direction his body was turning. Chanyeol’s fist landed onto Baekhyun’s cheek causing the smaller boy to stumble backwards and fall onto the floor. Baekhyun was in disbelief that Chanyeol would actually do that. The latter’s eyes widened when he realized what he had just done.

“Wh-why Chanyeol? What’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol was now shaking and he looked at his hands and then at Baekhyun. He couldn’t take the sight of Baekhyun being hurt by him like this. Physical pain isn’t what Baekhyun deserved. Baekhyun was holding onto his cheek and looking up with eyes meeting that of the one who punched him

 

Chanyeol turned around and ran as fast as he could out of the building and to his house. Without looking back at all and not thinking about another thing. He couldn’t wrap himself in thoughts anymore because they would all bring harm to himself and to Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun was still on the floor and couldn’t believe what just happened. He truly believed that Chanyeol would never lay a hand on him and then this happened. He picked himself up from the ground and slowly looked around.

 

I’m not dreaming am I? This is actually happening?

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know it, but his tears are falling from his eyes endlessly. He wondered how he was supposed to think of Chanyeol now. Was he still supposed to try to get him to talk? Was it even worth it when all that happens is Baekhyun getting hurt? There was a feeling building up inside Baekhyun, but he wasn’t sure was it was. It wasn’t anger nor was it hatred. It was something else, but he couldn’t think of it. Maybe curiosity as to why Chanyeol is like this, or worry for what could happen next. He shrugged it off and then began making his way back home. 

 

***~~~***

 

Once he finally reached the footsteps of his door, he stopped and sighed. 

 

What am I going to tell my mom?

 

He opened the door and then waited for his mom to greet him, but it didn’t matter if she did. He just went on and slowly walked up the stairs while ignoring everything. He didn’t even look up while entering the house. Baekhyun carried himself up the stairs slowly and then made his way to his room. He stopped and then chuckled. 

 

Dejavu… I felt this way yesterday…

 

He opened the door and then shifted his feet to his bed. Of course he didn’t look up and he did just as he did yesterday and fell onto his bed. Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed when he realized that he didn’t land on the soft mattress that he was used to. He lifted himself up a little and then noticed that he landed on a pair of legs. He looked up and then saw a warm smile greeting him.

“Hey Baek!” 

“Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun’s frown was broken with a small smile.


I’m sorry I didn’t update yesterday! I’m going to make it up to you guys today. And school is starting tomorrow… So I don’t know how often I can keep updating. I’m sorry about that too!