Blooming Flowers

Bullied for Love

BLOOMING FLOWERS

Chanyeol dropped Baekhyun off at his house. Nothing happened after Baekhyun had contemplated what was going, and it was pretty quiet. The boy driving smiled and waved goodbye before driving away in the distance. It was strange to see that boy smile so genuinely. He shrugged it off and went inside where he knew he wouldn't be greeted by his mother because of work. Throwing his bag on the ground, Baekhyun fell down on his bed and looked at his phone. 
"Ah! I gotta call Kyungsoo!" The nervous boy waited for an angry Kyungsoo to pick up the phone and shout at him. 
"Where were you?!" 
"I'm sorry Kyungsoo! I had something, I'll tell you all about it now!" Baekhyun began from the beginning of the day to right after he got dropped off. 
"Wow, that was one hell of a day you had. I would imagine that to happen over a course of a few weeks, or something." 
"I know I was thinking the same thing!" 
"You don't think he likes you, do you?" Baekhyun paused before denying it. Chanyeol was very kind to him, extra kind for someone you've met just for the first time. Did it make sense? Was what Kyungsoo said true? The pieces were kind of connecting, but he wasn't sure. 
"Who knows, oh well." 
"Did you make any new friends?" 
"Yeah... Kind of. I became friends with Chanyeol's best friend. Pretty bad..."
"I wish I was over there so that you could be comforted." 
"It's fine." In fact, Chanyeol's care for him comforted Baekhyun very well. 
"Well it's getting late, you and I have school tomorrow." 
"Oh my gosh, it's 10:45! Alright, goodnight Soo! Talk to you tomorrow!" 
"You too! Have fun with your puppy love!" Kyungsoo hung up before Baekhyun got a chance to fight back. 
"Puppy love? What is he talking about?" After finishing what he usually does before bed, the boy with the rollercoaster of a day finally was able to rest. Nothing was more peaceful than to just be on his bed and be covered by the warm blanket. 

***~~~***

Walking into school was different for Baekhyun. He felt as if though he didn't need to worry about Chanyeol. There was an urge to actually find him since he was the only person who talked to Baekhyun nicely. As Jongdae was walking down the hall, he was stopped by Baekhyun who asked for Chanyeol. Jongdae chuckled and said that Chanyeol was in the music room. After finding directions, Baekhyun made his way to the sound of a beautiful guitar sound. He didn't want to interrupt the session so he stayed by the door and waited for Chanyeol to finish. 
"That was beautiful." Chanyeol turned around, surprised to see Baekhyun in the doorway. The latter knew that things were different when Chanyeol smiled and waved hello. The giant put down his acoustic guitar on the cold wood floor before picking himself up slowly and waddling over to the door way. 
"How're you feeling?" 
"I'm feeling better. Thank you for taking care of me." 
"No problem." Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol's unusual waddling when he was making his way to the door. 
"What's wrong with your leg?" 
"Well I got pretty beat up yesterday... Everything hurts." Chanyeol laughed to add a feeling of lightness to the situation. 
"I hope you feel better!" 
"Of course I will! I'm strong!" Chanyeol flexed his nonexistent arm muscles and the two boys laughed. The usual morning bell rang for students to start heading to class before they were late. Chanyeol waddled over to grab his guitar, but Baekhyun walked faster and grabbed it for him. The giant smiled and showed him where to put it. After all was said and done, the two walked to class together. 
"You're not afraid of people seeing you with me?" 
"What? Of course not. You'll be my friend from now on. Besides it's not like we're dating." And on the word dating, Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun. For some reason, it felt like much more than just an arm over your shoulder. It felt comforting.
"I guess not..." 

***~~~***

The rest of the week at school was similar to this one. Peaceful, calm, happy, fun were just a few words that could describe's Baekhyun's school life. He had met Chanyeol, the boy who makes him smile all the time. It was Friday and school was coming to an end. The last class was fine because Baekhyun asked to switch with the kid sitting next to Chanyeol. The events that happened in the beginning of the week were never spoken of between Kris and Chanyeol, which made Baekhyun wonder if this was a secret game. 
"I have something strange to ask you?" 
"Sure, go ahead." 
"How come no one made a big deal about Kris and you fighting? Does that stuff not get spread around?" 
"He and I have a code. No one speaks of the fights with anyone because it's not their business. It's our own. The one to finally shut the other one up, wins... Secretly." 
"Ah, that makes sense, so would you consider it a game?" 
"In a way, yeah. Now I have something weird to ask you." Baekhyun hated being in this position. 
"What is it?"
"Are you gay?" Baekhyun's heart started racing and wondered why he would think that. The only person in the world to know is Kyungsoo and there would be now way for them to contact each other. Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun's nervous reaction and chuckled. 
"I-I'm not-" 
"It's fine, I am too." 
"R-really?" Baekhyun felt a sigh of relief rush through him.
"Did I make it obvious? Did you know before you met me?" 
"Not at all. But when I started getting to know you, I kind of figured. And I started figuring something else too." 
"What is that?" 
"Do you like me?" 
"You're just hitting all the home runs here... Wow." 
"So is that a yes?" 
"Y-yeah..." Baekhyun looked away ashamed of his answer. He couldn't believe it slipped out of his mouth so easily. There was a huge weight on his back and arms connecting in front if his chest. Chanyeol went up to Baekhyun's ear. 
"I like you too..." Baekhyun's eyes widened and turned around with a smile. 
"Really?!" 
"Mhm... Ever since..." 
"Ever since when?" 
"Ever since..." 

***~~~***

"AHHHH!" Baekhyun jumped from his bed and noticed that the alarm clock had been ringing. He was breathing heavily and looked around him. 
"That was just a dream... Or was it real...?" He checked his phone and today was the second day of school. He fell back down on his bed and looked at the ceiling with a frown. 
"Crap, I like you... Park Chanyeol." 


I love dream chapters. They're such a troll on the reader. XD