Chapter 32

Lethal Love

Bosco raced into the park where Myolie sat waiting on a swing for him. He saw her cheery smile as she pushed the swing back and forth with her legs. Just watching her gives him a fuzzy feeling. "Sorry I'm late."

Myolie smiled warmly at him. "Luckily I had something to occupy my time with."

Bosco laughed and stood behind her to give her a slight push. "I'm here now and at your service."

"Hee.. hee," Myolie giggled and closed her eyes for a few seconds feeling the breeze run through her hair. "Where's Raymond? I thought you said he was joining us."

"He was but he backed out at the last minute. Said he had a lot of documents to review and was going home to work."

Myolie turned around to look at Bosco. "Really? He left the office early today and he wasn't carrying a briefcase. I thought he was meeting up with you."

"Me? I haven't seen the guy in a while. I called him a few times in the past few weeks but he's always too busy to chat."

Myolie jumped off the swing and nudged Bosco to sit on it. "Your turn."

Bosco immediately backed away. "No way! I am not letting a girl push me on a swing!"

Myolie continued to push him onto the seat. "Come on. It'll be fun. Besides there's no one here."

Bosco scanned the area and indeed they were the only two in the park. Still not sitting down he said, "I'm a cop. My reputation will be jeopardized."

Myolie laughed out loud. "Cops are ordinary people too!" She stood with her arms crossed and said sternly, "Bosco, are you going to sit or not?"

Not wanting to anger her, Bosco timidly sat on the swing. After a few push from her he was starting to enjoy himself. Soon he was using his legs to push himself higher up. Myolie was swinging herself as well next to him.

They left the park fifteen minutes later, when the two of them declared that they had enough. As they walked out of the park, Bosco asked, "What do you feel like having for dinner?"

"I don't know," she said, looking at the nearby restaurants. A neon sign caught her eye. "Hey how about fried chicken?"

"That sounds good. Since we're in Raymond's neighborhood, let's buy it up to his place to eat."

"Would he mind? You did say he had a lot of work."

Bosco took out his cellphone and dialed Raymond's number. "He won't mind. Let me check to make sure that he's home." Bosco stood looking at Myolie while he waited for Raymond to pick up. "Hey Ray, its me. Are you still home working?" pause "Ok. Nothing then. Bye."

Myolie looked at Bosco. "You didn't tell him that we're coming up!"

"I don't have to. He'll know when we get there."

===========================================================

Charmaine walked out of Raymond's kitchen holding two plates, one in each hand. "Dinner is served," she called out as Raymond got up from the couch.

Raymond looked down at the plates and was surprised to find that on each contained a grilled salmon and a serving of vegetables. "It looks good." Picking up a fork he broke off a small piece of the fish. "Taste good too."

"I lied when I said I didn't know how to cook," Charmaine confessed.

Raymond gave her a sweet smile, "I know."

"How do you know?

"When I was in your kitchen I noticed that you have an assortment of spices and condiments. If you didn't cook why would you have all that?!"

Charmaine looked at Raymond and complimented, "Very attentive."

Raymond's eyes locked with hers. Taking her hand, he said, "Only to you."

Charmaine felt flustered by the intensity of his gaze. He always seem to have that effect on her. "Let's eat before our food gets cold," she suggested, breaking away from his gaze.

Smiling, because he knew that he affected her the same way she did him, he continued to eat. When they were done, he asked, "Why don't you spend the night here?"

"Again?"

"Why not?"

"Don't you want some time to youself? Your own space?" Charmaine asked.

"All I want is time with you," Raymond stated matter-of-factly. "Besides, all I do is think of you anyway in my free time," he added huskily as he cradled her face with his hands and gave her a light kiss on the mouth. He pulled away after a moment. "Why don't you run across the hall and grab some overnight items while I clean up the dishes."

Charmaine nodded in agreement and left. Raymond stacked the plates and placed them in the sink. When he was done, he switched on the TV and waited for Charmaine to return. The doorbell rang. Thinking that Charmaine must have locked herself out from his apartment, he swung the door wide open with a grin and saw Bosco and Myolie instead.