Chapter 2- Taken?

Fidelity

It was a colorful world. She was given the chance, the opportunity, to enjoy such a sight each and every day. It was a dream come true on her part. Despite not having her name on the tags of the clothes she hands out, she is happy. She was living a dream. She always wished to put smiles on people's faces whenever she gets the chance.. And now that she is enjoying what she is doing and let alone, she makes her clients happy, Sulli can't wish for anything else.

 

-------------

 

It was on an appointment basis. Whenever a client needs her, all they had to was call.. If no one was in need of her services she can continue to relax and keep herself updated. What happened to be a life long passion turned into the perfect job. However, the lack of clients which can last for as long as three months can take a toll at times. However, it does not change the fact that Sulli is living on cloud 9.

"Sulli-ah! Stand up. Can't you see that I am vacuuming the place.. Care to at least sit properly on the couch?" 

Sulli had her eyes glued to the screen of her 15 inch laptop. The blue device was running on heat after being since 6:30am in the morning by its owner. The girl did as she was told. Without even looking where her feet were landing, Sulli sat on the couch and scrolled with the use of her touchpad, as she continued to munch on some homemade vegetable pancakes.

"No clients, still?" Sulli shook her head upon the inquiry of her roommate.

"Hey, eonni. I am just curious about something.. Have you seen the news lately? Come, look!" Sulli insisted which made Amber drop the mini vacuum she held in her hand at the edge of the dining table. The younger one was pointing on the clothing that some of the celebrities wore at a recent film premiere. She took note of the different comments people made about the clothes and made sure to keep them in mind.

"Do you think pencil skirts will be in the trend once again? Last year was completely about maxi and skater skirts. I really hated the latter style because women of older ages started to wear them. It's awkward to see them dress as such in public, especially at Hongdae and Itaewon."

"It's all good. Don't mind them... Just focus on what you are doing."

Sulli gifted Amber a smile. People who know them tend to tell them that they don't match. She appeared feminine, poised and demure. The other appeared tough, strict and acted as one of the boys. When in reality, people who were really close to them would know that it can be the exact opposite. Even if Sulli appeared the way she did, she loved rap music and alternative rock. Amber on the other hand is really shy around people she's not familiar with and tends to stutter when she's nervous. They were like complements of each other.

"How has it been over at the police academy. Are things working out for you so far? I just don't get it, you know? You were almost done with your architecture degree yet decided to transfer to criminology."

"I already told you the reason, haven't I? Aigoo.."

"Oh, yeah! I won't be eating dinner here tonight. I might come home late so don't wait for me."

Instead of giving Sulli a nod or stamp of approval, Amber appeared worried. "What's wrong?"

"It just that.."

"I'll be fine, eonni. Don't worry.."

The day quickly passed by. Amber headed to work on the field as part of her training while Sulli booked some clients and prepared to head out. It was already dark when she left the small house the two of them were sharing. Amber was the first tenant and she came in a little later. It was big enough for the two of them but it was definitely small for a family. Only one car can fit in the really small garage the house had. Amber has one.

Sulli was dressed for the occasion. She wore a peach silk dress, black oxford shoes, silver bracelets and pearl earrings. A peach-orange sling was added to complete the look. Taking a cab was no fuss, the driver would gladly take her as a passenger. With the request of heading to a hotel just within the city, the cab sped off.
She's been used to it. As a personal stylist, she always has to dress up nicely whenever and wherever. She always meets her clients in style. Cab drivers would usually try and conduct conversations. She can easily divert them off within the conversation but some are just bad. They make their dirty peeks appear too obvious when these drivers always look at the rearview window.

By the time she arrived at the restaurant hotel, she headed straight for the restaurant located at the fifth floor.

"Excuse me, may I help you?"

"Ah, yes. A reservation for two?" She inquired. The usher checked the list. "Ms. Choi Jinri?"

"Huh? Jinri, huh? Yeah.. It's me."

The attendant lead the way and assissted Sulli into her seat. It was at least a four star restaurant, or maybe even a five. The ambiance of the place can give it away. The patrons sported designer bags, clothes and shoes. There were no noisy children that roamed around the premises. Expensive wine bottles laid on top of the tables. It was something she wasn't used to but got to experience every once in a while.

"Are you going to order, Ma'am?"

"Uhh.. No, I am still waiting for someone. Just some white wine, please?"

The waiter went on his way and Sulli sat patiently but uneasily in her seat. The aura of lovely couples surrounding her wasn't really helping in appeasing her nervousness. It would be their first meeting after a long while and despite being in a relationship for almost a year, nerves always gets the best of her.

The waited arrived with the bottle of wine and poured her a glass. She took a sip and took a glance on her wristwatch. It was already 7:24pm, almost 20 minutes passed their supposed meeting time. "It's just traffic." She whispered to herself.

Another hour passed  and there were only few people left in the restaurant. She opted to stay and wait for a several minutes more. By the time she was the last person in the restaurant and the waiter advised that they will be closing in 20 minutes, it struck her that he's not coming. It's not the first time it has happened but she can't help tear up. They've talked about it before and he promised to not let it happen again. In shame, she walked out of the restaurant in tears and with an empty stomach.

 


 

"Hey, Choi Sulli! What in the world were you thinking?!"

"Idiot.. He's an idiot!"

Sulli had a bottle of soju in hand. It was more than obvious to Amber that her roommate is drunk. Amber carried her over to her bed and laid her out so she can sleep properly. She can only let out an exasperated sigh with the sight of a drunken Sulli. It's not the first time she saw it happen. She knew what the reason was perfectly. She tucked Sulli into bed, hoping that the girl won't throw up like she did the last time.

 

 

Morning quickly came and Sulli woke up with a really bad headache. It wasn't a good sign since she had to go on site that day for a photoshoot a magazine hired her for. It was an awaited job for her since all she has done for the magazine was to do assistant styling. In the nick of time, Amber came in and handed her a cup of coffee. 

"Did I finish the bottle?"

"You never finish a bottle. It was barely half empty. Want to talk about it?" Sulli shook her head in response.

"There is no need for that. What's new? Anyway, I should prepare.. I have to leave in 15 minutes or else, I will be late."

Sulli scrambled out of her bed and prepared. Amber let out a slight smile  but she was still worried. It's not like Sulli does anything crazy but she's the type of person who tends to keep things to herself. She does voice out her thought but rarely. In 5 minutes tops, Sulli left and headed on to the location of the shoot. It was just a bus ride away but the traffic may bother her if she doesn't move quickly. 

By the time she arrived, the photographer has instructed on what type of make-up the models should have. Sulli apologized for being late and headed on to preparing the clothes for each girl. It was a promotion ad for a commercial brand that markets to female teenagers. She was scolded by the head of the production staff but the shoot turned out smoothly. The models gave the clothes justice. 

The photoshoot ended in two hours. The models gave their thanks and offered praises to Sulli for styling them wonderfully. "I'm not too keen on tardiness but I've got to say that you did a spectacular job in styling those models." Mentioned by the production head.

"I'm sorry. Something came up last night so I had to sleep really late but thank you. I am glad you like it."

In that instant, Sulli's phone rang. She excused herself and answered it. The wide smile she had turned slightly upside down. It was him. 

"Oppa..What? No! Are you serious? You're here?!" He hung up and said that he won't leave the side of the road if she doesn't come down. 

"You have to leave?"

"Yes. I'm sorry.."

"It's all right. I would've wanted to discuss a few more matters with you but it can wait. I will call you in three to four days. Hope to see you soon, Ms. Choi."

Sulli bowed thanks and left. She went down the flight of stairs in her heels, not aware of the fact she will be traversing stairs worth three stories. Various thoughts ran in her head as she made her way downstairs. Was he really there? Did he really come to fetch her? What was she going to say? Can she even talk to him?
She reached the first floor, out of breath.. She looked outside and there he was. Leaning on his black sedan, with his cap on and Ray-ban glasses. The wind blew his black hair on his face and the sun shone brightly. He was literally glowing under the sun.

He turned his head and saw Sulli slowly walk out of the building. "Sulli-ah! Here.."

"Taemin oppa.."

He gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead before taking her things and placed them on the trunk. She just watched every thing he did. He closed the trunk and gave her a foolish smile. "Let's go?"
He drove and drove. They reached the express way which only baffled Sulli where in the world they would be going. After a three hour drive or so, they arrived along the south coast of Busan, the hometown of Sulli's parents.

The breeze that came from the sea was cold but refreshing. They took a stroll along the coast and enjoyed some red bean bread an ahjumma was selling. Taemin knew that she was mad for what happened last night. In fact, she hasn't smiled all day long. They didn't even talk in the car the entire trip. She was just asleep. In effort to try and put a smile on his girlfriend's face, he ran near the water and started splashing her.

"Woah, oppa!!" She shouted in surprise. She giggled and ran over near the water as well and splashed water on him as well. He waged war and she shall reply. The two of them looked like fools with what they were doing. After soaking themselves, they sat on the beach, looking through the horizon and nearing sunset.

"I'm sorry." 

"We have talked about it already yet you decided to not fulfill your promise. What's with that, oppa?"

"I don't really have an excuse but you know how it is.."

"I'm just getting tired of it oppa.. I don't know how long we have to endure it. I don't know if I can still endure it." With her words, he took her in his arms. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for putting you through this.. But believe me, I love you Sulli. I can't see it any other way.."

"I love you too, oppa.. But please understand.."

"I do.. Hey, what about this? I heard that there will be a party and my family has been invited. Come with me to the party.. Come with me and I will formally introduce you to my family. What do you say? Be my date for the night, will you? If I heard it correctly, it will be on Friday.."

"Friday? That's two days from now! All right then. I will go. That's a promise, all right?" Sulli pouted and Taemin nodded in response. She may be mad but there's no denying she is happy at the same time. He finally took the initiative in asking her.

 


 

She was more than excited for the fateful day she will be finally introduced to Taemin's family. She made all the necessary preparations. She bought a purple dress which complemented her fair skin. She already had a good pair of heels in her closet which would go well with her entire look. Since it was masquerade type of party, she personally made a mask for herself to wear to the ball. 

The fateful day came and Amber was teasing her to no end for preparing so much.

"You're really excited, aren't you?"

"I just want to impress them on the first meeting. It's not everytime Taemin oppa will take the courage to try and introduce me. Hey, eonni.. Do my s look, okay?? Is the cleavage okay? I don't want to show too much skin.."

Amber rolled her eyes and turned around to fetch Sulli's shoes. She was happy for her roommate. In fact, she was more of a sister. Being the older one between the two of them, she always felt the need to protect Sulli. She came back and handed the shoes to Sulli. Amber can't be more proud. There was no denying, she was beautiful.

"Allow me to bring you to the venue.. I can't let cab drivers look at you with such dirty eyes. Taemin will meet you there, won't he?"

"Ung."

The two of them headed out. Both with excited hearts but Sulli was excited more than anything else. She can see it easily being the perfect night she has always dreamed of. The perfect night she always wished to share with Taemin. 

-----------------------------------------

Oh, it's going to be perfect all right, but not the way she had imagined.

======================================================================

Was supposed to update last night but fell asleep. LOL. Another case of waking up with keyboard marks all over my face. Next chapter will be interesting so I hope you please watch out for that. Subscribe~~ :)