Chapter 12- Busan (Part II)

Fidelity

Minho did a stupid move last night. He and Krystal agreed that he'll call in the evening to update on what has happened. It was just that Minho was too sleepy from playing soccer that he wasn't able to keep himself awake. He checked his phone and it was past three in the morning. He's been asleep for more than five hours. It was adequate but his back ached pretty bad.

"I shouldn't have played."

Wake up time for everyone was 5:00am. By that, Key meant that every one should be ready by 5:00am. Key wants to catch the sunrise. The sunrise seemed so typical but the staff understood Key's intentions. Minho did as well. The sunrise has an eerie charm to it. Once a person starts to see the sun rise slowly on the horizon by the sea, a warm feeling definitely fills up a person. It brings hope; that a day is something to look forward to. Add to that the natural lighting it provides to photos.

The early wake up time is also the very exact reason why Minho decided to not go back to sleep. He had his own room and he had the liberty to do what he wants. The television was a default but there were no shows interesting enough for him to keep on watching. His cell phone was lowbatt to even play any games. Because of this, Minho decided to head out to his terrace and get a good feeling of the cool sea breeze.

The sea breeze brings back memories. It's the same exact feeling he'd feel whenever he wakes up early in the morning before he heads to school. Minho smiled.

The school has changed physically but otherwise, everything felt the same for him. Memories of Minho and his classmates flashed in his mind. He had fun. He wasn't the brightest student but he managed. The teachers adored him and let alone he was really popular. It was just that only one odd girl caught his attention; pigtails, long and straight black hair, full bangs.. Others called her nerdy, he'd always found her cute.

There was dim light coming from the room opposite his. If he remembered correctly, it would be the room of Sulli and the other stylist.

"It's so early.. You're already preparing?"

Truth be told, there was nothing special about the dim light. It was just shining but something about it kept Minho staring for almost an hour. Perhaps, it was the mystery behind the curtains but someone impatient would find that what he did was a waste of time and cringe-inducing. It was only past 4:30am did he stand and prepare himself for the photoshoot ahead.

The prescribed meeting place was the lobby of the hotel. Minho was the first few to arrive. Key was already outside lounging with a cup of coffee while Amber just sat on the bench behind Key that was near the door. There were three equipment coordinators and two stylist coordinators. Sulli and her roommate were few of the last ones to arrive.

"Is everyone in?" Key inquired.

"Ne." Everyone answered.

"All right. In order to avoid trouble, we'll be heading to Haeundae right now. There are good spots there for a photoshoot. If we head on early we'll be able to shoot without causing so much trouble to the tourists and guests. It's not far from here anyway so we won't be having a problem."

Key lead everyone to the bus. Everyone were in high spirits except for Sulli who was quite quiet during the entire trip. She's rather talkative when she's hanging out with the other stylists. Nobody really questioned her but Minho's keen senses felt as if something isn't right. Even until the moment they arrived, Sulli was still quiet. The photographer was all prepared to start the shoot. The sky has turned a shade of blue which only implies that the sun is about to rise.

"Minho, please head on to the railings please. Have your back face the sea.." The photographer instructed. "Minho?"

"Yes?"

"Please, take your spot now. We'll start in about three minutes."

The team busied themselves in prepping Minho's look. It was a summer campaign so as expected, Minho would be sporting sheer tops, ed shirts and shorts. For other shots, he'll be topless. Minho didn't have major cuts but he was fit and did have muscles. It was very noticeable that the other stylists were flustered. It can be seen by through their faces since most of them were blushing red as they worked on Minho.

Minho's mind on the other hand was preoccupied by something else other than the photoshoot. He still had himself focused on Sulli who has remained quiet throughout the whole morning.

"Is something wrong?" Key asked.

"Is Sulli okay?"

"Yes. I believe so. She just said to  me that she's feeling a little disoriented since she wasn't able to sleep a lot last night but otherwise, she's fine. Anyhow, get ready. We'll start shooting in a bit. Ready yourself."

It was almost six in the morning and the sun was just starting to rise. It was a sight to behold. No one in the team can deny the fact that the way the sun hit both the sky and sea was awe inspiring. It hit the sky and turned the color to that similar to red ash. The sea has turned a deep blue. It was a brief moment wherein all of them felt as if they were all mere existence of the world. It was then the photographer took the chance to start shooting. Minho started to pose for the camera and though the first few shots were awkward, good shots were obtained midway. It was just that these shots didn't satisfy Key's taste.

"Minho, wait. Is something bothering you?" Key intervened.

"Nothing."

"There is. Your eyes look distracted. Just what is it?"

"It's Sulli, okay? I am sure she's sick."

"Fine. I'll check on her but please.. We are running out of sunrise light. After this, we'll have to head to the yacht and shoot another set. So, please."

"All right. I will. Thank you."

Key kept his promise but Sulli insisted she was fine. Minho didn't know of this and the photoshoot went on. The last few sets of photos had him wearing an ed shirt and shorts. He didn't have any accessories since Key mentioned that the main focus should be Minho's face more than anything else.

Soon enough, they headed to a yacht rented out by Key to serve as the last place for the photoshoot. It will only take a few shots since the sun will quickly be rising. Too much sun won't be too desirable for the photoshoot. Key believed that most of the shots they needed can be worked out from the set they already had and the set they'll be shooting.

"You'll have 30 shots for this one, Minho. Just pose and be natural. All right?"

"Ne.."

It was nothing more than a few shots that Minho worked his look. He wore nothing but shades and a pair of shorts which were both from Key's Summer line. It was perfect. The entire look seems to have played really well. It's what every female stylist was thinking right at that moment. The sun that hit on his skin highlighted his features and his toned muscles. It would be a lie oif the women didn't say that they weren't flustered. Amber herself was blushing at the sight of Minho being in all his topless glory.

The way he posed was also a marvel. He'd grasp his neck and slowly have his own fingers travel through his face. Others even found it rather ual. And truly, it was. Fortunately, Key was satisfied with how the shots turned out for those they shot in the yacht. The entire staff were then relaxing at a hub that sold shaved ice. The staff enjoyed themselves and while they did, Key stood to announce something.

"Great job everyone! Technically, we are finished with what we have to do but it would be a shame if we didn't enjoy the beauty of Busan for one last time. Because of this I prepared a venue for us to enjoy. I rented out one of the pools in the hotel we're staying at."

With his brief announcement, everyone in the team cheered. Key planned to take the opportunity to take the chance and talk to Amber. While everyone headed to the pool of the place Key rented out, Sulli just sat by the pool. Minho joined in with the staff that were enjoying themselves in the pool. Sulli just looked around at every one.

"Sulli-yah, join in!" One of the stylist noonas shouted.

"Go ahead. I'm fine. I am still feeling a little full from the lunch we had."

Minho then took the liberty to get out of the pool and splashed Sulli some water.

"Yah!"

"You're such a party pooper. Stop sulking and join in. We're in Busan so might as well enjoy. Come on!"

"I already said no, Minho. Just go on. I'm fine right here."

"Sulli!"

"Minho, just what are you, huh?! Let it go!"

Sulli then stood to leave but staggered in her steps. Minho noticed it immediately and caught Sulli by the arm just in time. He was shocked to feel that Sulli's arm was burning hot. It was only when he got upclose with Sulli that he realized how pale she was.

"You're burning hot! Why aren't you talking? Were you sick since this morning?!"

"Let me go!"

Sulli then freed herself from Minho's grasp and walked away. She started to head to the comfort room. Minho followed closely behind. He trailed closely behind as he turned left where Sulli headed, he saw the girl lying on the cold tiles, succumbing to her fever. He rushed to her and carried her on his back. Everyone in the team saw what happened. Amber rushed out of her seat and headed to where the two were going.

"Hold up! Where are you taking Sulli?"

"We don't have time! Can't you see? She's sick. She's been overworking herself. She's been been burning with a fever since this morning. Why didn't you even notice that?!"

"I..ugh.. Wait, where are you taking her?"

"To her room of course! Getting sick isn't one of her best traits. She tends to get sick for long if she's not treated. Aish."

Minho no longer bothered to talk with Amber and headed straight to Sulli's room where he laid her down gently on the bed. He quickly gathered a bowl of water and towel to serve as cold compress. Sulli was still burning from her fever. Amber then rushed in and started to scour through Sulli's clothes.

"Minho, please look for a thermometer and if you can gather medicine. I'll just change Sulli's clothes for her."

Minho did as Amber ordered. He rushed and asked around if any of the staff had medicine. One of them did and handed the medicine over to Minho. Quickly, he sprinted through the stairs and went to where Amber and Sulli were. It wasn't long enough since the people from the staff followed to check upon the situation.

"Amber has managed to change her clothes. Minho handed over the medicine. Those that checked on her to see how she was left quickly after. It wasn't long that the effort of the two of them slowly paid off. Sulli fell asleep and she wasn't as hot as she was. Amber stayed on Sulli's bed side while Minho sat  near the window. Key then rushed inside; feeling slightly relieved to see that Sulli has gotten her rest.

"How is she doing?"

"She still has a fever but she seems to be doing a lot better."

"That's good to hear."

"Hey, Minho. You said just now that getting sick isn't Sulli's best trait. What did you mean by that?"

"This is not the first time she's gotten sick. Back when we were still classmates, she got sick a week before the exam season. She forced herself to take the exams for the first day but her attempt failed. She slept through the exam since her fever was so high. She remained sick the entire week. It was just that our teachers were gracious enough to give her a special exam. It was partly my fault as to why she got sick but that is an entirely different issue."

Key and Amber soon decided to take their leave. The stylist noona that was supposedly Sulli's rommate decided to sleep in another room. Minho remained inside and just looked upon the girl.

"You really love to push yourself too much, don't you Jinri? It's the exact same thing back then.."

It was a cold afternoon that day. A soccer game ended and it was rather unfortunate that Minho's team lost. As always, he felt responsible. A lot of people were looking forward to their success but for some unknown reason, he didn't play well enough that day. The rain started to pour and the soil has turned muddy. He lied down even if the rain started to pour. He covered his eyes with his left arm and cried. He thanked the rain for being one with him. It was the perfect opportunity to cry. It was not long though that he felt someone over him.

"Stand up. You'll get sick if you just lie there." she spoke to him. He just stared at her and he remembered that it was the very first time he just stared at her so intently at her face. She was beautiful. He always saw her. She'd always watch; each and every game he played. She wasn't cheering loudly like the others but she didn't miss a single game of his. She had those pigtails on her head always. He's always thought of it as cute. It was that rainy afternoon that she handed her umbrella to him. She just handed it over and ran away, not even caring that she herself will get wet.

Key and Amber headed to the beachside. Amber admittedly panicked just now because of Sulli. It's not the first time Sulli got sick but not to the point of burning with a fever.

"I am sure she'll be fine. It's a fever and Minho will make sure that her fever will go down. To be honest, their previous connection baffles me quite a bit. I don't want to assume anything but at the same time I can notice the subtleties. You too, right?"

"Yeah. You can say that.. To be honest, I didn't know that they were even connected. It was only until earlier that I fully realized its extent. It's kind of surprising and baffling all at the same time."

"That is why you yourself should never over work yourself, Amber. You'll get sick as well."

"Nah. I'll be fine. My body has developed resistance against such things even if I was still studying as an architecture major."

The two continued to look at the sea. They failed to notice that the sun has started to set. Key joked and said that it would be the  perfect chance to shoot Amber for Sulli's portfolio. Annoyed, Amber stood and started to kick sand on Key's face. It was a hint of fun under the stress.

It was because of these distractions that everyone else didn't notice a car park and someone enter. The staff at the front desk stopped when they saw and realized who the person was. Any one would surely notice. The person looked like no ordinary person in the first place. The person will surely keep heads turning. That person needed no introduction, the presence was enough.

She flipped her hair and took off her glasses.

 

It was Krystal.

==============================

After two weeks! :) Was supposed to post it this afternoon. Writer's block got the best of me. Anyway, hope you like it! Pardon me for any errors. Will fix them as soon as I read through it once again.