Chapter 13- Going Home

Fidelity

There are certain things that remain to be unquestioned. There are certain actions that need no explanation. Even if these actions appear to be insensitive, irrational or irresponsible, there is this unspoken fact that there would be no need to question its existence; its occurrence.

That was the exact situation Minho was in but it was rather unfortunate that Minho himself had no idea of what was going on. Key and Amber were the first ones to be aware of the situation. The two of them strolled and talked along the beach before the pair noticed the woman standing along the hallway, who was no other than Krystal herself.

Amber hasn't seen Krystal so often; mostly on television, but she believes that the model's presence and confidence is so strong that anyone within a set radius would be able to feel it. The energy she projects is strong enough for anyone to notice her. Amber looked at Krystal and somehow she can't prevent herself from pondering over her own body and eventually cower with the feeling of inferiority just by simply sharing the same ground.

"Krystal?" Key called out.

The girl looked to their direction and then removed the glasses she had on her eyes. A smile escaped through her lips and she waved a curt hello intended for the designer. Her strut then graced the hallway as she approached the pair closer.

"Krystal, this is my dear friend Amber. Amber, this is Krystal." Amber and Krystal shook hands. She may have not wanted it but one's keen eye cannot escape Amber's reaction. She was practically staring at Krystal with partially open as if she was in awe, perhaps admiring the model's beauty.

"What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to update myself regarding my husband's condition. I mean, he had a photoshoot right? I wanted to ask him in person. It's just that I wasn't able to wait anymore so I decided to head here. The traffic was quite a bummer. I should've arrived here almost an hour ago."

Amber breathed of relief when she heard that the traffic caused Krystal a delay. It was almost an hour ago when Sulli found herself half awake from her fever. If Krystal had arrived earlier, she would have laid witness on how her very own husband get worried and frantic over another girl. It wouldn't have been a pretty sight, based upon Amber's imagination.

Amber brushed the possible scenarios in her head and instead tried to conduct a conversation with Krystal. Her efforts were crushed when Minho emerged from the stairs on the left wing, which was on the right of Krystal. The wife wasn't weary of her husband's presence so it was Key's and Amber's actions that gave it away. The two of them looked to Minho's direction which caused Krystal to see what was going on.

"Oppa!" She screamed and ran towards her husband. It appeared to be an ideal scene of a surprise but Minho didn't look all too excited, perhaps to Krystal's standards. Instead, he looked confused and at a loss on what to do. It took him almost 10 seconds to realize that his wife was hugging him before he was actually able to reciprocate the action.

"Krystal?" he questioned. Krystal just looked up at Minho and smiled and quickly rested her head upon the man's wide chest.  She didn't seem bothered by the lack of an affectionate welcome from her husband. Then again, it was most probably because she was too excited to even care.

The other staff also started to go down the stairs dressed differently. The bathing suits and board shorts turned into dresses and denim shorts. It was then that Key recalled that he promised a final dinner for the staff before they had back to Seoul. It wasn't his treat but he did reserve the place. It was basically Dutch pay basis.

"Boss, are you going?" one of the staff asked.

"Ahh.. I'll be around in a few. You guys go ahead, I reserved tables for us anyway. Go! I'll catch up."

It was partially a lie on Key's part since he was more than uncertain if he'll actually be able to go. He'd sound selfish but Key would rather spend an entire afternoon with Amber; looking at the sunset, appreciating its beauty. Amber then excused herself and separated herself to a corner before she actually answered her cellphone. It was a phone call. It sounds harmless but Key felt suspicious since Amber whispers and talks quietly to the person on the other line.

"Who is that?" Key asked. Amber would just throw him a glance and then look away once more. Minho and Krystal on the other hand left hand in hand to Minho's room. It wasn't obvious since Minho had great skill in hiding it but a lipstick smear appeared on his shirt when Sulli rendered half-conscious. It most probably stuck on his clothing when he carried Sulli to the room.

"I missed you, oppa."

"Of course. Me too."

"Are you going to join the staff for the dinner party?"

Originally, he did intend to go. Sulli got sick and he was supposed to just rather stay behind but another change of plans has occurred. Krystal's arrival disrupted a smooth flow of the events. It just made things a tad complicated.

"Sure. Let's go. I'll just get dressed. Wait for me downstairs." Krystal obliged to her husband's wishes and skipped happily to the lobby where she'll wait for Minho. While she did, Key walked down from the opposite wing's set of stairs. Looking at the time, it was most probable that Key will be heading for the dinner as well, instead of actually going for leisure time. However, Krystal did notice the Amber's absence from Key's side.

"Where's Amber?"

"Ohh.. She decided to stay behind. Feeling a tad feverish so it's better for her to get some rest."

"Minho oppa will come down in a few. Once he's here, let's just go to the place by car. I brought my car anyway."

Once complete, the three of them then headed to the restaurant where Key got a reservation for their staff. It was a night dedicated for fun and leisure but he did warn the staff to not drink too much since it'll be a working day the following day. Let alone, they'll be traveling by a coaster which isn't all too big.

Surprisingly, the staff, especially the photography team did not engage and indulge themselves on the celebration too much. Two of them had their laptops while the other three were sorting through some cables and equipment. Key approached the team and realized that they were already trying to sort the photos for easier hand picking. It would be best that the photos will be picked by Tuesday and have the campaign released two weeks from then. Minho fixed himself and Krystal some food while his wife headed to where the staff is to look through the photos as well.

She smiled, marveled by how things are finally falling into place for Minho. Key is a pretty famous designer in terms of the teenage and young men market so it's no surprise that Minho will get noticed once the campaign is released.

"Oppa, hey.. Look at this photo!"

"Why?"

It was a photo of Minho earlier that day when they were posing at the yacht when he was topless.

"You look attractive but your arm placement is quite awkward."

"It is?"

"Yes! And the other photos that I saw as well. Your body doesn't seem to match the expression on your face. Your face would be expressive and then the body doesn't completely translate the emotions."

Krystal continued on and on about Minho's posing and how it could've been better. Minho kept his mouth shut. The staff then realized what was going on and knew that things wouldn't turn out so pretty that night. Key then butted in, saying that he was the one looking through the photos so there is no issue in the pictures.

"But Key, you do want your campaign to be good right?"

"That's enough, Krystal." Minho stressed. He handed over the plates he prepared for the two of them to Krystal and looked the girl straight into the eyes. He pursed his lips and breathed. He didn't say anything but Minho started to walk towards the door. Krystal immediately ran after him.

"Oppa, wait."

"I am not in the mood to talk to anyone right now, so please..Let my arm go. Don't even try to go after me if you don't want to be humiliated."

"Oppa, I'm sorry!"

Minho freed himself and decided to take the car Krystal brought. It was embarrassing but he literally started to tear up as he drove. It was both unbearable and humiliating on his part. He understands the concern coming from Krystal but her insensitivity went overboard on the comments. He knew what he was doing. He is well aware that his poses may still appear awkward  but he just wished that Krystal knew the fine line between constructive criticism and downright humiliating.

 


 

Amber's eyes were filled with worry as she watched Sulli gather her things. The girl has woken up more than an hour ago. Her fever has subsided but she still looked pale and out of energy. Amber finds it amazing that Sulli has the strength to walk around. If she were in her place, she'd just lay in bed all day.

"Are you sure about this? Have you even told Key about it?"

"He'll understand. Besides, I want to rest at least. I haven't been able to visit my family in a while as well. I kind of miss the feeling on sleeping my own bed in our house."

Amber tried to evade the question but she knew that there was a more deep rooted reason as to why Sulli wants to go home to Busan. Amber isn't ignorant. She's studying to be a police for anyone's sake. Let alone, her inquisitive mind had already made up scenarios. It was just that there were moments that her speech filter worked beyond .

"Were you romantically involved with Minho?"

Sulli dropped the shampoo and lotion bottles she had in her hand upon Amber's question.

"Eonni, what are you talking about?!"

"I am very observant Ssul. Minho treats you differently. Earlier this day, when you fell half-conscious because of your fever, he hurried to get to your room asap. I'd understand if he was like that to everybody. He's nice but he treats you differently from how he treats the staff."

"What in the world are you saying? Differently? He's just treating everyone the same."

"Really now? Do you think that he'll carry a sick staff on his back, bring that person to that room and stay for almost two hours just looking after that person?"

Sulli decided to not push the conversation. She lost it anyway the moment Amber stated her first argument. She'd rather leave the discourse at that than make herself look like a fool for actually trying to reject the truth of the question.

It wasn't long that Sulli had packed all her things and Amber assisted her out. Timely that Minho came into the lobby and saw the trolley bags Sulli brought with her.

"Where are you going?"

"I wasn't able to pass by home yesterday so I opted to go tonight."

"Does Key know this?"

"I haven't informed him yet but I could care less if he gets mad. I really want to go home."

"Let me drive you."

"What? No!" Sulli rejected the idea and tried to grasp her bag before Minho even takes it away. It was already too late though since Minho already started to walk backwards with the bag.

"I insist."

Amber then pushed Sulli away and said that she might as well take the offer. It was already a bit late anyway so cabs weren't that easy to catch. Sulli had no other choice. She agreed for Minho to drive her but she still hates the idea of it.

The first ten minutes of the drive were awkward. Neither of them talked. Minho just looked directly on the road while Sulli kept herself preoccupied by looking through the window of the passenger side.

"Would you mind if we pass by a convenience store for a while?"

"No.. Go ahead."

A kilometer from there, a convenience store was found in sight so Minho decided to stop over. Sulli opted to be left in the car. As she was alone, thoughts started to rush through her head such as what in the world was she doing in Minho's car or what in the world went through Minho's mind for offering her a ride.

"Speaking of, Minho.. Where in the world is he?" She had realized that it's almost 20 minutes since Minho went out to buy something. They weren't just passing by. Sulli got out of the car and went inside the convenience store only to be at a loss on where the guy was. However, the see through glass of the store gave her a view of someone outside. Basing upon the hairstyle, it was surely Minho.

Sulli was about to nag but she gasped instead with what she found. Minho had an open pack of cigarettes in his hand and a lit cigarette on his mouth.

"What are you doing?!" Sulli shouted.

"Leave me alone Sulli.."

"Do you even think what in the world you are doing? Why are you doing this?!"

"What's it to you?!" Minho retorted. Offended, Sulli pouted and walked away back to the car. She was speaking words only audible to herself, perhaps about how annoying Minho was. She opened the door of the driver's side and she pulled the lever that opened the car trunk. Realizing what was going on, Minho threw the cigarette he was smoking and rushed to the car.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Hell yes. Crazy enough to get out of here. I don't want a smoker to be driving me home. Do you think my mom would approve of me smelling of cigarettes? She might even think I learned smoking in Seoul."

"Fine, fine! I'll stop.. Just get in the car. You're making a fuss out here."

Sulli just glared at Minho without obliging to the man's request. As if he was reading Sulli's thoughts, Minho apologized for what just happened and requested Sulli to go back into the car so that they can go along. They were still halfway to Sulli's place. Busan is a big city after all.

The ride remained quiet. It wasn't so awkward and tense as it was in the beginning but neither wanted to open up a topic. Minho didn't want to talk about what happened with Krystal. While Sulli just doesn't have anything to talk about with Minho. Instead, she was just amazed on how Minho actually remembers the way back to her house. It was quite far from their school before but Minho would often bring her home especially when they finished club activities late at night.

It wasn't before long that the two-story house of Sulli's family were in sight.

"Here.. Just pull over here!"

"What? But it's still a block away from your house."

"It's fine! Open the trunk."

Hurriedly, Sulli brought out her things. She was excited to come home especially because she hasn't seen her younger brother. The between them is huge but she loved the idea of being a noona.

"You're still the same. You don't want me bringing you straight upfront of your house. We're no longer high school students, Jinri."

"I said don't call me that name."

"I am really sorry that I shouted earlier at you."

"It's fine. Just talk to someone in case.. or are you that lonely? Aish..Anyway, thanks for the ride. It's late. Be careful on the road."

Minho smiled and stepped forward. Surprisingly, he bent over to give Sulli a short friendly hug. He simply put an arm behind Sulli's back but it was more than enough to render Sulli's heart to beat uncontrollably. It was a blessing that their bodies weren't in close proximity or else Minho will surely feel how hard her heart was beating. The moment Minho let go Sulli turned the other way. The amount of blood that rushed to her face was no joke.

"Take care of yourself."

"I will." Sulli shouted as she waved. Minho soon left. Sulli knew from the sound of the screeching tires that sounded more faint as the car got farther away. Timely, as she reached the front door, Suli received a text message. It only contained two short sentences but it was enough to plant a smile on her lips. It's been sometime since she's talked to the person. She didn't know of the person's identity but talking to him kept her at ease. She was so preoccupied with the message that she didn't even notice that her mom already opened the door for her and greeted her.

From: Chingu^^

"I miss you Chingu-yah. Let's talk soon."

To: Chingu^^

"Ung..I miss you too."

====================================

Keyboard marks on my face again when I woke. LOL. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the update. Taemin will be back in the picture for the next chapter. And an ominous figure will pop out that will cause a stir.