Chapter 3-Vulnerable

Fidelity

It was more than obvious that she was excited more than anyone else. The constant tapping of her feet, the fiddling with her fingers and constant lip biting. She was nervous but also excited. She heaved a deep sigh anticipating for what the night is about to become especially something momentous is about to happen. On the other hand, Amber was all smiles with what she was seeing. She's never seen Sulli that excited ever since she became her roommate. She was bubbly and fun but not how it was today.

"Don't get too excited now, Ssul. You wouldn't want to jinx the night, would you?"

"Oh shut up,eonni! You might jinx it if you keep saying something like that. I know for sure that tonight will be a great night and that tonight will be something I will be thankful for."

They drove further along the streets of Seoul and after overcoming the heavy traffic, they finally reached the hotel where the party was being held. It was not a highly publicized event but there were cameras around ready to take pictures of the celebrities and other famous people that were going to the event. Taemin and his parents were no exception to that list. Taemin is not an unknown to the public. His parents are prominent figures which made him a subject of prying eyes ever since he was young. He had a politician for a father and a doctor for a mother.. They were a high profile family which sometimes takes a toll on Taemin.

They were on the red carpet and Sulli can only watch from afar. The two of them agreed to meet each other inside already. It hurts her a bit. It hurts that she can't stand by her beloved. Last time, Taemin brought a woman to introduce as his girlfriend to his parents, the situation ended with the girl crying home and wished to never see Taemin again. She was grilled by the family and made her feel like she was worthless trash. Ever since then, Taemin has been cautious with his relationships.

"Should I fetch you later on tonight?"

"No. I think Taemin oppa can bring me back to our apartment."

"Be careful there okay, Ssul?"

"Ne.. Thanks eonni."

And with that Amber left and Sulli headed inside.

 

The hall that came before where the party was being held was already flocked with people. It would be easy to get lost in the crowd but it Sulli believed it would be no problem for Taemin to see where she was. Her dress was already eye-catching. She saved the mask for later. She looked around and everyone was dressed as how you would expect them to dress. Long,elegant gowns and crisp, well kept suits. She was constantly biting her lip out of nervousness. After looking around, she reached for phone and found to see a notification. It was a text message.

From: Taemin Oppa
To: Sulli

Sorry, can't fetch you upfront. Stuck with my dad and his friends at the moment. Go inside. Meet you at the bar. Don't forget to wear that mask!

A mix of frustration and sadness took over her for a brief moment. She tied her mask neatly on the back of her head and headed inside. There was music and different groups of people flocked in groups. It was a display of who had the most friends and people that were interested to listen to what someone has to say. Sulli headed straight to the bar and waited.

As she took a sip from her glass, someone tickled her by the waist which caught her off guard. It was Taemin. He planted a quick kiss to her cheeks and sat on the empty stool beside her.

"Who are you? Who gave you permission to kiss me like that?"

"Come on Sulli.. Even under that mask, I know that's you."

She smacked him lightly on the arm and pouted. He giggled. "Trust me. It was painful to stick with my father and his peers. All they talk about is politics which really isn't my thing. Let's not talk about that. Let's talk about you. You look beautiful baby."

"Do I? Thanks. It took some courage to attend. The nerves were getting to me quite a lot."

Taemin ordered an additional two drinks for the two of them. It was a launching event of a French fashion brand for men. Actors, models and politicians were invited, possibly trying to garner loyal customers early on. The couple talked and talked but Sulli noticed something different about Taemin. He looked..distracted? If that is how she can put it.

"Oppa, are you okay?"

"Yeah.. Uhh.. Sulli, stay here for a while, okay? My phone has been vibrating non-stop and I think it's my father. I'll be back in a few."

"Oppa, oppa.. Wait!" Calling on him was no use. Taemin left but instead of listening to what he said to her, Sulli went after him. She can't stand looking like an idiot the entire night drinking by the bar while talking no one. She traveled against the current of the people. Tears were verging in her eyes. In her head, she was having a great time with Taemin, sharing laughs and drinks with him and his family.. A complete opposite of what she was doing that exact moment. She never imagined she would be chasing him in a sea of people just to get to talk to him.

"Oppa.." she said under her breath.

By the time Taemin stopped, a group of men circled him and Sulli saw Taemin's father stand beside him, glass in hand. The boy bowed apologetically as if saying sorry for leaving their company. Sulli only stood to watch. What was the worth of dressing up if she can't enjoy her evening. However, what added fuel to the fire was when a young woman stepped into the scene. She was petite, had long hair and poised. She greeted Taemin so casually which made Sulli raise an eyebrow. She walked a little closer to hear on the conversation.

"My, my.. Taejun. You're son is indeed growing up. Have you finally found a girl you can approve for your son?" One of the men said.

"Of course. I only want the best for my son. Why would I take a girl any less quality when I have our dear Naeun here with us."

It ticked her ear. If she heard it correctly, it was Naeun. Was it Son Naeun? Her name has appeared in numerous articles before which associated her with Taemin. Their families are closely acquainted and a lot of people speculated the two of them were going out. Sulli was about to step into the situation but only stopped when she saw Taemin cradle his right arm around Naeun. A waitress was in the scene and Sulli took the opportunity to grab a glass and show herself to her supposed boyfriend. 

"Excuse me, I would like a glass please." She said out loud. 

All the men diverted their vision to where the voice came from. Taemin on the other hand dropped his arm and started to run off, chasing Sulli who was already leaps away from him. The girl was running, her arm covering . It was taking every strength she had to hold in the cries. As she was about to reach the exit of the door, someone grabbed and tugged on her arm.

"Sulli, hear me out."

A slap.. She welcomed him with a slap. The people nearby started to look. "There's no need for you to explain anything. I saw and heard everything. It's clear.. Crystal clear, oppa."

The boy started to cry and beg. He kept uttering sorry and said that it was his father's plan. It was the same exact reason as to why he wanted Sulli stay where she was at. It was no use. His apologies were fruitless. She was hurt, angry and ashamed. It was a huge, forceful slap to the face, punch to the gut. But the whole draping arm thing was not ticked her off.. It's the mere fact that Taemin, a grown man, can't be brave enough to do the right thing.

"W'e're over! Go to her. Listen to your father.. I don't care.. I've had my fair share. I've given you what I can. I was willing to fight for you Tae. But you appear like you don't care at all. I can't handle that. I can't. I just can't handle it anymore.. I'm not a mountain that can't be moved Taemin.. I have my limit. But I sincerely hope, the day will come that you can finally stand your ground and stop being a kiss- to your parents. You're a coward."

He was left on his knees as she walked away in her clunking heels. They were the center of attention in that portion of the room. Taemin blew it. But can he blame Sulli? Perhaps he will. She crushed his heart but Sulli knows if she was to stay in his presence a second longer after witnessing what just happened, her heart will continue to break.

 


 

He was out of luck that week. After the crappy photoshoot he had early that week, he was casted in two shoots only to be dropped last minute for both. It . It makes him feel that he will never be worthy enough for anything. What makes it a lot worse is that since it's known that he is the husband of The Krystal Jung, he can be a subject of scrutiny. He would always overhear some of the female staff question his qualities as to why Krystal actually married.

He hoped that Friday night would be something different. He readied himself, got all dressed up and was stoked to attend the party. Not a lot of people from the fashion industry were invited, despite being a brand launch. Most of the male guests were actors. Only a few female models, Krystal and him were invited. There were other male models but not as high profile. Everything was fine up to the red carpet entrance but his night was turning out to be something completely opposite of what he wished for.

Most of Krystal's friends were the ones invited and Minho never jived with them. They were chatting but most that he would offer was a smile and nod.

"Hey Minho.. Can I ask you something?" Jiyoung asked.

"Sure.."

"There have been rumors going around that a fashion designer has you in his list to be the male muse of his brand. Is this true?"

All of them within the circle were baffled. Despite having masks on their faces, every one expressed through their mouths that they were surprised.

"A-aa-are you.. su-uure?" Minho stuttered. Jiyoung shrugged her shoulders. The girl tapped another of their friend. Sooyoung took a sip from her glass, "No. We are just messing with you. Come on, Minho! You've been hanging out with us for far too long. You should at less tell when we are being sarcastic."

Minho's face dropped after what Sooyoung told everyone. It was merely a joke for them but to him, that news could be life changer. Feeling how awkward the air started to get, Krystal clung unto his arm and complained to the two girls it was not funny. A few seconds later, Minho decided to walk out of the circle. They were making fun of him yet again. Krystal followed closely behind.

"It was a joke!" Jiyoung shouted.

He shut Jiyoung's words off. Heck, why should he even try to listen? He knows it will just be another form of mockery on him, saying he can't take a joke. There wasn't even an apology on their part. Krystal was holding unto him and by observing how big his steps were, he would be dragging his wife with him. He stopped and turned.

"Oppa.."

"Sorry, but I just can't stay another second with those people. I get that they're your friends, Krys. But I can't have them make me a laughing stock every second I hang out with all of you. I am more than aware that they don't like me but I can't stand being the joke every darn time. It hurts, Krys. I try to bear it but I hate the feeling of being stepped on. You know where I started. I was a no one. Slowly, I tried to step up my game and land jobs. I know I am not as famous as you or your friends but I am trying."

"I know that, oppa. I'm sorry for what they did.. But.."

"But what?" Minho asked. Krystal shook her head and refused to continue.

"But what? What is it that you want to say, Krys?"

"I mean no harm, oppa.. But, why don't you stop for now? Focus on other things. I decided to go back to modeling a week ago and I landed a campaign. My earnings would be more than enough for us to last half a year. You're tired and stressed. Maybe it's getting in the way of you landing jobs.."

"Are you for real?!" Minho was appalled. Was he actually hearing those words coming out of his wife's mouth?

"Whoah, Krystal.. No harm? You mean no harm? Are you kidding me?"

"Oppa, look.."

"No. I can't believe this.. You actually see me the same way? A nobody? Modelling is my dream and even if you're my wife you can't take that away from me. Excuse me."

"Oppa!"

Minho ran off as well. Disappointed and hurt.. She was supposed to believe in him. She was supposed to support him not like this. The way she wished for him to stop doesn't make her any different from her friends. It's when he felt that the birds of the same feathers do flock together.

 


 

Sulli was walking aimlessly inside the hall as her eyes were already clouded with her tears. She felt the tears accumulate just behind the mask she was wearing. She wanted to take it off but her mascara must've run off which would be a very ugly sight to see. She walked on and on, that bumping into someone was inevitable... And she did.

She almost fell down while he spilled the drink in his hand. "Aish." he cursed under his breath. Sulli, knowing at fault but not in the mood to deal with it started to slowly walk away. It was no use when the man held her by the forearm.

"You could at least apologize.."

"I'm sorry."

He then grabbed her by the chin. She closed her eyes ready to anticipate whatever punishment the man has to offer. But instead of a slap to the face, he let go of his hold on her chin and started to laugh. Slowly, Sulli opened her eyes.. Squinting, trying to focus on the face that was in front of her.

"Can't even say, long time no see?"

"You??....Woah! Key oppa?!"

He laughed and offered the girl a hug. She started to squeal. They walked to the nearest empty table. It's been almost three years since they last saw each other. He went to London to study while she spent that time studying fashion at a local university. But instead of actually catching up on lost stories. Kibum, but as he likes to go by, Key. Is a close friend of Sulli way back in high school. They were practically like brother and sister. Drink after drink, Sulli was starting to get intoxicated and with every glass her words were starting to get slurry. Key can't do anything to stop her. She was heart broken and even if he tried to stop her, she would slap his arm so hard that the pain will sting throughout his entire arm.

"Jin...I mean, Sulli-ah. I'll just go to the bathroom, okay? When I get back, I'm going to get you home. Arasso?" He imposed and she only nodded in response. Key moved quickly. It that two men came before him in the bathroom. He did his business and quickly went back to where he left Sulli, only to realize that his thoughts of not seeing her would actually happen. Sulli walked off. She won't be far but in the sea of people, it would be rather difficult to spot her so easily. Besides, he was intoxicated himself. He had a few glasses while he was talking to Sulli. His vision already , being tipsy makes it even more.

 

There was a strange feeling inside her stomach but she didn't mind it. Instead, Sulli walked to the nearest door which was near the terrace. She wanted to be secluded for a little while before Key finds her. She knows that her oppa will keep his word but a few minutes of being alone would help. She walked but stopped in her steps when she found someone, a man, already occupying the spot.

"I'm sorry.." she uttered softly but loud enough for him to hear. He just looked at her and tapped the free space he had beside him. Not wishing to look for another spot, she took his offer and sat beside him. He had a bottle of whiskey with him on the other side.

"Can I have a glass?" She pointed. He smirked and poured in the one glass he had.

"Sorry.. I only have one glass."

"It's fine. I don't care."

Sulli gulped the whiskey in one go. It made the man laugh out loud. She put the glass down and pushed him as she giggled as well.

"What's up? Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. It's just that you must be going through some serious for drinking a glass of European whiskey in one go, miss."

"What makes you any different? You're here sitting alone on the cold pavement in your suit, drinking to your heart's content. You're the one going through serious ."

"That doesn't change the fact that you are actually here with me, drinking as well. It's a pity though. Your gown is beautiful. You're making it dirty by sitting here on the floor with me." The man straightened his self up and cleared his throat. "So, what is this you are going through? You fought with someone? I know I did. And it was bad.."

"You have it better. I broke up with my boyfriend. He's such a jerk. He's such a coward! He can't even stand on his ground and fight for me as his girlfriend. I'm fed up. I can't be a martir forever and wait for him to grow up."

He chuckled and looked at her in the eye. "The only words I heard were jerk and ground. I wasn't really able to understand anything you said, miss. But based upon how miserable you look, I would say he is being an for letting you off. I am drunk as hell and I can't really see clearly but I know you are beautiful. Your dress is enough to tell me that you are beautiful."

The man raised his hand slowly, held her cheeks and wiped off the tears that were rushing down and through her mask. "How I wish, he would realize that." Sulli uttered. After she uttered the last word, they pulled in each other and ravaged each others' mouths.He now held her face by both of his hands and pulled her face closer as they continued to kiss. None of them were pulling out to breathe for air. Soon enough, he bit her lower lip which made her inhale. He was a lot stronger than she had expected. The loud music that was resonating in the hall that was a dance floor at that moment helped in muffling the loud breathes they were exuding through their mouths. They paused briefly to breathe and the moment they started to kiss once again, his tongue started battling with hers. She neared her body closer to him and her chest was a few inches away from pressing unto his. After the heated exchange, both were breathing heavily. 

"I'm sorry.." he apologized. Sulli didn't reply. Instead, she stood from his side and went to the nearest potted plant. She was vomiting. He stood up as well and rubbed her back as she continue to puke. She appreaciated his gesture since it was more than obvious that what she was doing is disgusting.

"Ugh..Sorry.. I think I had too much alcohol. I was drinking already before I started to talk to you." She forced a smile ashamed of what happened just then. He smiled in return and went back to his spot. He capped the bottle and asked her to accompany him again.

"Don't worry, nothing fishy anymore." She did as he requested. She doesn't know why but she was at ease around him. Maybe it was because they were both feeling hurt though differently.. It was still somehow the same. 

"Don't apologize. I mean... I responded so it isn't entirely your fault. I didn't push you away. Sorry as well.."

He patted her head she smiled in return. She has calmed down. She was still dizzy but she has calmed down. As she was about to speak, she saw the man slowly untying the mask he had around his face. She panicked and stopped him from doing so.

"Why?" He questioned. She shook her head.

"Don't. Please.. I'd rather not see your face, mister. And I would rather you don't see mine. Trust me, it's not that you're not skilled. Believe me, you are. But I would prefer we keep our identities hidden from each other. That would be best. And to whoever you got into a fight with, reconcile with that person."

"You're too nice to be honest."

A brief moment of silence followed not until Key arrived and shouted at Sulli, nagging where she has been. He paused when he saw the man but continued to nag Sulli immediately.

"Sorry, she's drunk. If she said or did anything stupid, forgive her."

Upon hearing the word "stupid", the two of them snorted, holding in the laughter. Oh it was stupid all right. Key started to drag Sulli away but the girl fiddled throug her bag and brought out a pen. She took the man's hand and wrote something. After finishing, she was dragged away by Key. 

They were drunk but they were aware they were drunk. They knew what they were doing. Both of them knew it was wrong but they have never felt so free in a long while. There was literally no inhibitions between the two of them despite the brief words they shared. But more than that, it was more so because of the fact that both of them were feeling the same. The feeling of being inadequate and unwanted.. That's how they were feeling. 

There was no denying that what they did was stupid but both of them were vulnerable. And it would be a complete and utter lie if they said they were forced into the situation. It just happened. He liked it. She liked it. But in the bottom of their minds, they know it was something that can't happen again. It's something they can't let happen again.


He looked at his palm and smiled. 

Here's my number if you need to talk to someone. It's nice meeting you, mister. Just call me Chingu.

"Chingu, huh? Nice meeting you, too."

 

Key was sober enough to drive Sulli all the way back to her apartment. The girl was already asleep. Her breath smelled like a mix of vomit and alcohol which definitely reeked. He carried her on his back and brought her near the door, where he rang the doorbell. After three presses, the lights flickered and an unlocking of the door followed. 

"Ssu--lli.. What are you doing here?"

Key pointed at Sulli. 

"You can put her down, I'll take it from here."

"Your rooms are upstairs. You seriously think you can carry her weight? I seriously doubt that. Now, let me in so I can carry her."

"No, I insist. You can go."

Key didn't mind what Amber said and rammed through the door and rushed to the stairs and brought Sulli up to her room. Amber quickly followed and insisted for Key to go. It was no use though. Key won't listen. 

"This is what I've been fearing to happen." Amber uttered.

"She was a mess out there earlier. She even puked on a potted plant. She hit down low tonight. Stay by her tomorrow. She'll need it."

Without replying to his suggestion, Amber started to push Key down the stairs. He mocked her by asking for a glass of water but she insisted for him to go. She said that it was getting late as an excuse. He had all the time in the world to be honest. He can see right through what she was doing. By the moment Key was already outside and Amber was about to close the door, Key stopped her from doing so and left a small opening.

"It's nice seeing you again, Amber.."

With that, Amber slammed the door shut, locked it and turned off the lights. She headed over to Sulli's side. She needs to be beside her when she wakes up. She was a mess.. She looked like a mess and Amber is more than willing to help her get through it. But one thing is assuring Amber that Sulli will make it through.. A smile.

She had a smile on her face that was clearly saying "I'll be okay."

===========================================================

A pretty lengthy chapter. LOL. I decided to change the privacy settings yet again. Things are yet to get more interesting. Did any of you get any hints? Yes? No? Either way, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am really trying my best to post an update weekly. Please bear with me!

Please look forward to the next chapter. :D