Chapter 25- Wreckage

Fidelity

The phones were ringing uncontrollably for the last hour. These have turned deafening for everyone in the room. A news portal has released some pictures and the agency was doing everything it can to minimize the damage. 
“The Not So Perfect Marriage” It was how the article was entitled. It contained several paparazzi shots of Minho and Krystal as if they look like they were fighting. Anyone who can see the photos can clearly see that it is what it is. They both looked angry and Krystal ultimately cried in the last few pictures.

“They were having a misunderstanding. All couples fight. It’s what keeps them stronger as a couple.” These words were the only words offered by their agency to the media who were gathered like sasaeng fans in front of the building. The blinding camera flashes and confusing questions were all overwhelming. Little did these journalists know that Krystal already had a view of the situation outside from the window located at the general manager’s office where she took a peek.

“You better explain this to me, Soojung.” Narsha demanded of her.
“There is nothing for me to explain. The pictures are self explanatory and the statement you released would suffice for the questions. I am a woman. People will believe if I we say I wasjust overly emotional that time.”

Narsha can only let out an exasperated sigh. The article was released three days back, exactly when she was released from the hospital after five days of confinement. She missed out a lot of modelling jobs so it bothered the agency. It was only then she stated that she was pregnant. Narsha was the first to know and she was pleasantly surprised. They called for a celebration but neither of the married couple were up for it.

“I could’ve hosted the congratulatory for your pregnancy. Several brands are still offering you but I’ll have to inform them soon enough. I don’t know what happened between you and Minho but please..fix it. The least the two of you need at the moment is bad press, especially Minho. He hasn’t appeared in two of the five modelling jobs I got for him. The designers were infuriated.”

“You could just go and ask him. He’s been doing a lot of work for Key oppa these days anyway. I’ll be going ahead, eonni. I have a check up for today.”

Krystal already left the office by the time Narsha was able to ask anything. She headed for the parking lot where Minho was waiting the entire time. He was patient but looked indifferent. He looked at her but it was empty. She doesn’t notice it so she smiles and kisses her husband and they head to the hospital through another exit which doesn’t lead to the swarm of the paparazzi.  Krystal’s stomach has obviously grown in the short time she was in the hospital. 

“Will you go with me inside?”
“I can’t. No.”
“Come on..”
“Krystal, please. I don’t want to argue right now.”

Krystal let it go and shut and remained quiet up until Minho was about to pull over to the hospital entrance. She once again opened the conversation before she was about to head inside. She used some aegyo and pouted but it was no use against Minho's indifference. He just glared at her and closed in on the door the moment she stepped out. He didn't even say a word and sped off to the highway as if he was running away. 

Minho was. It had been a downward spiral. It was a vortex. It was quicksand you can't get out of; that was how he felt towards his misery. Every thought he has of every moment of every day was filled with Sulli. His efforts of trying to call her and look for her deemed fruitless. He had nothing. He hasn't gone to the point of hiring a private investigator but he had this feeling that she won't like it. But he can't help it. Minho felt helpless, useless and lifeless without Sulli around. Memories of her smile, tears, skin and lips.. just the entirety of her would fill every fiber of his being that it just hurts not having her around.

Minho's pain was slowly reflecting in his work and he doesn't even realize it. He didn't show up for two of the five photoshoots Narsha landed for him and Key was becoming unhappy with the output of his work. Press releases are coming up and Minho is nowhere to be found anywhere near the studio to be able to run through the possible questions the press will ask.

"I am sorry Mr. Kim. But I can't contact him whatsover. It is either his phone is out of coverage or is turned off." One of the staff said.
Key clicked his tongue. It was unbecoming of Minho. He is aware of the situation but he clearly stated to him the night Sulli left that it should never affect his work. Minho promised that it won't but his actions speak otherwise. 

"I am sorry everyone. It looks like we will have to postpone the meeting again. I apologize. I'll let all of you know once everything is settled." Key announced. The staff showed disapproving faces with the result of the day's waste. Minho's image isn't getting any better with the wrong choices he's been making in the last few days. Every one called it a day and Key headed out to meet Amber back at their apartment. Sulli's departure hit Amber. She cried and decided to leave the apartment they shared and finally share a place with Key. She felt partially responsible with how things turned out but Key assures her that it was never her fault. Minho and Sulli were in love. People in love tend to make stupid mistakes. It was just that things escalated to proportions unimaginable that Sulli decided to leave.

Amber was on her sketch book by the time Key arrived. She was in her black white beaters and basketball shorts; her typical at home look. Key smiled and knocked the door. She jerked in place and faced him. She smiled and scooted over to make space for Key.

"What are you drawing?"
"Nothing. No progress. I've been trying to draw since this morning the moment you left.. No luck."
"Things take time. You don't have to rush yourself."
"He didn't show up again?" Amber inquired. Key only shook his head. 
"What do you plan to do?"

Key shook his head once more. He was running out of ideas to motivate Minho back to work. He tried alcohol, bigger pay and even more holidays.. He came out of his lair a few times. He attended a few meetings and a few other jobs but that was it. He rarely interacts with people. He rarely smiles and the spark that was once in his pictures were gone. 


The sun has long set and Minho was back at the usual pub he's been hanging out for the last few days. It is not the usual classy pubs celebrities go to. It was more of a club where women dance provocatively to seduce men. Minho was using the place as a distraction; the women and the alcohol provide enough distraction to take Sulli off of his mind. The women who were wearing from little to no clothing were waving their behinds against his face as they held the pole. Some were seated beside him and pouring drinks.

"You've been here almost every night. Is there someone that caught your eye?" One of the women said into Minho's ear. He only shook his head as he took a sip of bourbon.

"Hey Mister.. Let me be your mistress."

"Can't do that."

The women continued to . It wasn't until a loud noise coming from another table did Minho actually start paying attention to the place and the women. It was a man who obviously looked too drunk for his own good. He appeared to be around his late 30s to 40s. One of the women that were with him was crying.

"How dare you refuse! You are just good for nothing women that do nothing but wag your asses to us men who can pay you money to keep yourselves alive. One touch on your and you lash out on me like I'm some ert?! Why you?!"

The man raised his hand only to be stopped by Minho halfway. He tried to move away but Minho's grip won't budge. He threw curse words and threats at Minho but the latter didn't sway. Outraged, the man landed his fist on Minho and that's when the rumble started. The two exchanged fists and the women screamed and asked for help. Only then did the manager come out and asked the two to stop. The older man was thrown out of the bar while Minho sat against the table.The woman who was slapped earlier made her way to approach Minho. She reached out and whispered her thanks. Minho didn't show it but he heard what the girl said. He stood and gathered his things before heading out.

"Wait!" The woman called out. "Let me at least tend to your wounds as a sign of gratitude."

"Thanks but no thanks.. Better be careful next time." Minho walked farther and farther away.

"My name is Yuri.. Thank you!"

Minho raced off his car into the highway. He stayed within the speed limit but he was about to tip the scale off. By the time he arrived at his condominium, he saw a glimpse of Key from the hallway. Minho tried to avoid him but it was too late. Their eyes already met and Key raced towards his direction.

"I can explain."

"I don't need for you to explain. Aish.. You idiot getting yourself in a fight. Let's head upstairs. I need to give you something."

Minho was thankful for Key who was the most understanding of the situation. Not once did he nag at him for being irresponsible. Key points out his stupid choices but he never made it sound like "it's your ing fault, get over it." kind of way. They headed to Minho's place and Key handed an envelope. Minho smiled and assumed that it was most probably related to the upcoming press release.

"Wait. Before you open that, we need to talk. Your agency contacted me and said that you didn't show up for three photoshoots.. Why?"

"You already know why. I just feel so helpless these days. I can't imagine my life without Sulli anymore."

"You walked out of her life once and she pulled through. Why can't you?"

"We were young. I didn't know better and she was left confused of her feelings. It was a weird time for the both of us."

Key sighed and scratched his head. He heaved a breath and looked Minho directly into the eyes.

"Guilt is taking over you. Don't even try to deny but it is what it is. You are obviously distraught and angry that Sulli left you but at the same time you feel responsible for it. You are in pain. You are frustrated by the fact that Krystal is actually pregnant with a child you never expected to happen. You are guilty because somewhere inside you, you know that this entire mess was potentially caused by you. I get it and I can't be mad at you for feeling that way. The world turned its back against you when reality decided to punch you. I know it's hard but you have to get back on your own two feet. I know Sulli wouldn't want you to ruin your career because of her. She was your biggest cheerleader. So please, get your act together. The staff were already raising the idea of replacing you but I beg to differ. Some of your pictures still speak to me.. Also, take responsibility for that child.. Whether or you like it or not, that is your child. Be the father that child deserves."

Minho's tears flooded by the time Key finished talking. Key left and Minho opened the envelope which contained the list of possible questions the press will be asking. Key's words hit home. It was true. He was feeling guilty over the situation. He was responsible for the mess and he knows. But at the same time, it would be a lie if he says he isn't angry at what Sulli did. They could've worked things out if she stayed.

", I forgot to thank Key."

Minho rushed downstairs and luckily was able to reach Key as he stepped out of the door. 

"Key, wait!"


 

The ceiling was white and the background noise was a mess. Different people were talking random words.  There was something painful but at the same time it was incomprehensible. There was no used of looking around with your head locked in place. There was crying that can be heard from the distance.
The lights were blinding and the cries started to get louder.

"Hang in there.. Please.."

=========================================================

This is a relatively short and overdue update. I don't really have an excuse but the whole thing that is/was going on with f(x) somehow affected my train of thought. They are my favorite girl group and to have a member take a hiatus, 2 week promotions be put to a halt and have the members be locked away to the depths of who knows kind of upset me. I waited for a year for a comeback. I was hoping that this would be their year. They announced a repackage for the girls but the chances are slim. I am not blaming anyone here and not pointing fingers. It just pains me that we have to wait indefinitely again.

I can only sigh. We can never get a full idea of what is happening behind those closed doors. OTL. 
Going back to the fic, the ending is a bit of a blur but I suppose some of you can figure out what is going on? It'll be revealed in the next chapter. Please look forward to that. :)