Chapter 24- Point of No Return

Fidelity

There was a sense of fear that came over him the moment he saw her in that state. It was worse than he had imagined. It was worse than anything he has seen before. It was late and she was alone. He had no better things to do. He rushed to her side and be the rescue she needs at such a time of despair. Minhyuk wasn't able to avoid the tears to roll down his cheeks and the gasp to escape his mouth the moment he opened the front door. Krystal was in such a bad state. The house was a mess; dishes remained unwashed, wine bottle left open and spoilt cake was left to gather mold on the dining table. She was basically living inside filth.

"Soojung."

She raised her head at the sound of her name. She hoped it would be Minho but she knows it is far from possible. He's gone. He left. He left her all alone. He wished for divorce. It breaks her every time she thinks of it. It was the last card Minho could play to take the win and he did. He asked for it and left Krystal to gather the leftovers of his assumed victory. Minhyuk went to her side and helped her stand. He felt the drastic change in her weight. She's been unreachable by her personal staff and the agency had to call him since Minho wasn't in reach. She's been left alone in the house for almost a week. Minhyuk carried her over to the couch as he grasped her frail and lifeless arm. She's too weak to even stand on her own two feet. 

"Are you hungry? What do you want me to cook for you?" He asked. She only shook her head in response. She was obviously avoiding any form of care that is directed at her. Minhyuk refused to indulge Krystal's state and headed straight for the kitchen. The food in the fridge looks like it hasn't been touched in days; everything is in place. The only space that was touched was the bottle racks. He took what was available and whipped up soup for Krystal. As he cooked, he'd take glances towards Krystal. She's remained seated on the couch, motionless. Minhyuk also took care of the pile of dishes that was left on the sink unwashed. 

"While I cook, can you give yourself a bath?" Minhyuk asked. Krystal didn't respond once again. As he finished with the dish, he brought it over to Krystal. But instead of thanking her dear friend, she slapped the soup bowl out of Minhyuk's hand which caused the boiling hot soup to pour all over the couch, floor and even on her. She didn't wince out of pain but Minhyuk panicked and carried her to the bathroom to prevent her leg from sustaining a burn. 

"Take a bath. I'll feed you when you finish." He exclaimed. However, the moment he stepped out of the door, Krystal stopped him by the arm with the little strength she had left in her hands. She stared Minhyuk directly into the eyes and cried. He was weak around her and there wasn't anything he won't do for her. Krystal's clothes were already soaking wet and she'd catch a cold if Minhyuk doesn't do anything. He had no choice but to carefully undress Krystal. He turned her around and slowly removed every piece of clothing she wore. Krystal was too drunk, too messed up and too much of an emotional wreck to even realize the situation. Krystal's was a sight to behold. She had flawless skin and he can only marvel at her beauty. He slowly filled the tub with warm water and decided to step out once and for all before he does anything to her. He can't in such a state. Though as far as he is concerned, it is the most intimate they've ever been.

The food was all ready once Krystal stepped out of the bath looking fresh. Minhyuk just sat across her. He added some rice to go with the warm soup he prepared to fill her stomach.

"You really need to eat. You need to have some strength in you. The house has been left a mess and I can't be here always looking after you, Soojung. You need to help yourself if you want things to change; if you want Minho back."

Krystal didn't bother responding but she had started to feed herself slowly; one bite at a time. As she progressed, her body showed just how much deprived she is of proper food. She asked for another serving of soup and even had to slurp everything down as she finished. 

"Thank you."

"Anything."

"So..What do you suggest I do?"


The morning light was sweet and tender. She fell asleep on the couch as she and Minho did a movie marathon the previous night. She's been staying at his place for the past two nights and surprisingly, Amber hasn't called one bit to check up on her. The smell of crispy bacon started to fill her nostrils as she took a deep breath. Minho was cooking breakfast for the two of them. Sulli can only smile with the sight of a man of Minho's stature looking so lost in the kitchen. He looked clumsy and he'd shriek at oil spatters. But it's the just the perfect way she'd imagine things would work out. In a way, they were a couple living happily in their own world. 

"Stop staring, it's making me feel conscious."

"Stop being so cute."

"Oh shut up. Get up and eat. Don't you have somewhere to go to?"

She smiled at his arrogance. He smiled at her cheekiness. They work so well together that they've learned to deal with each other's quirks. She'd fill in his shortcomings and vice versa. If people are going to think about it, they are the perfect couple any one could ever wish for. They'd stare into each other's eyes so lovingly that perhaps the only thing that could separate the two of them for a split second was food and their love for their respective careers. 

"I have a meeting today at my agency. They said it's for another fashion brand that wants to make me as their endorser. I've already talked to Key about it. I don't know how long I'll be out but you have the keys right? I'll be back before dinner."

"It's fine. I'll look around some shops to get inspiration."

"Inspiration? Am I not enough?"

"Well, not really Mr. Choi."

He chuckled at her response. He finished his breakfast and headed straight for the shower. Sulli was left to clean the frying pan and dishes. She had a foolish smile on her as she washed the dishes. It was just that she was so happy with the way things have worked out for the two of them. She loves him and he loves her; that's all that really matters for her.
Minho was quick and gave Sulli a quick but sweet kiss before he left for work. Sulli bid him goodbye and she fixed herself before she left the apartment to do her own thing. She decided to walk around Seoul and gather some inspiration for an upcoming styling project she landed with a magazine. They magazine mentioned it was a stylists' special so she can decide what concept she wants and what shots should be taken. Going to Busan would be a wonderful option but it's too far and too tedious for her to go back and forth. Seoul was the best option. The streets were always so busy and she can't help compare Seoul and Busan. Seoul always felt like there is life on the streets.

As she savored in Seoul, her cell phone beeped and received a message. She was surprised with what she read, hesitant even but she didn't waste time to search for the place that was indicated in the message. The meeting time asked was also just fourteen minutes away on her clock. As she made her way to the location, random thoughts and scenarios started to pile up inside of her head on how the situation would turn out. She doesn't wish for it to result to anything scandalous and instead be it a peaceful talk.

The place was relatively empty when she arrived on the front door. It was understandable since it was pretty early but there was still an uneasiness in her. Sulli took a deep breath and clicked the cafe door open. She looked around and immediately their eyes locked. She gulped down and slowly walked to her direction.

"I ordered for the two of us. I hope you don't mind.."

"Krystal.."

It was Krystal who sent her the message. Sulli wasn't sure what she was thinking but she felt the need to face Krystal once and for all. They'll have to meet eventually so she thought the sooner they get it done, the sooner she can be at peace.

"Why did you call?"

"There's no need for you to be hostile. I just want us to talk."

"How did you even get my number?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me!"

Krystal put down the fork she had in her hand which she used to eat the autumn salad she had ordered for the two of them. In turn, Sulli looked her straight on and spoke.

"Call me a homewrecker, , or whatever you want. Hate me all you want but I love Minho. I know you know that. For the first time in my life, I have the strength to fight for what I want. I will fight for Minho tooth and nail, whatever it takes. I know this is really selfish of me for wanting and wishing happiness at another's expense but we've been through so much more. We're happy so please.. Just let us be."

Krystal didn't say anything but instead she brought out an envelope. "These are the divorce papers. I've signed them already. I didn't call for you to call you names or whatever because it'll be pointless. I lost. He wants out and there is nothing I can do about it. But since he asked for this, I'd rather he's the one who hand the papers in court. I want to save myself the little dignity I have left. The only thing I can wish for is for you two to be careful. I'll be fine on my own but Minho's career is just starting. If ever news comes out that we divorce so suddenly after just a year of marriage, it'll be an outrage on his part."

Sulli took the papers hesitantly. Krystal didn't say another word and stood up from her seat. She started to make her way to the door but suddenly felt her head hurt and knees fall weak. She soon found herself unconscious and Sulli rushed to her side and called for an ambulance. In three minutes or so, help arrived and Sulli was asked by the paramedics to accompany the now unconscious girl. Krystal was rushed to the emergency room so they can stabilize her. It's been found that she's running on a fever and is extremely dehydrated. Somehow, Sulli can't help pity Krystal and a little bit of guilt well up inside her. She was lying still on the hospital bed with an IV drip injected into her. Sulli noticed how thin Krystal became. She was still unconscious but her breathing is stable.

"Excuse me, are you her companion?" It was the ER doctor.

"Uhh.. Yes."

"About the patient..."

 


 

Amber came in from a late night party with Key the previous night and she was in no condition to wake up early but she was forced to when her cell phone started to ring uncontrollably. She checked on it and was pleasantly surprised to see Sulli's name pop up on her screen.

"This better be good or else I'll be nagging you for being out of the house for two nights. Ohh..Okay, I'll be right there."

Amber took a quick bath and headed for Sulli who was still in the hospital. The latter had no idea on who she could call. Minho was obviously not included since he was busy attending a meeting. She was on the waiting area of the lobby when Amber arrived. It was easy to spot her anyway. She called on Sulli but stopped in her steps when she sensed an eerie aura surround Sulli. She didn't ask what happened or what it was but instead she just sat beside Sulli quietly.

"Is there something I should know?" Amber asked.

"I'm hungry. Care to join me for lunch? My treat." Sulli averted the conversation. Amber was up for it so they headed to a nearby Mexican restaurant which was Amber's favorite place to go to. Amber ordered tacos, Sulli had the nachos. They enjoyed their meal and Sulli eventually headed for the nearest shopping place. Amber wasn't as enthusiastic about it though. Eventually, Sulli lead the two of them to Minho's  apartment complex.

"You got yourself a new place? You could've told me."

"It's not mine. It's Minho's."

Amber's ears ticked when she heard Minho's name. She knew right then that something wasn't right. "Minho? Key's model? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"It's complicated. You see, Minho and I knew each other back in Busan. We weren't officially together then but we did have something. You see, I never thought that I'll meet him again especially of all the places but.."

"Cut the story short.. Is this what has been bothering you after dealing with Taemin? You know I'm not the type that asks but I am well aware that there is something bothering you. Is it about Minho? Are you---seeing him?" Amber asked. Sulli only nod and was clearly on the verge of tears. Amber gasped with Sulli's confession. 

"But Ssul, you do realize he's married right? To that model, Krystal if I remember correctly? Why didn't you tell me this? Is it because you know I'll be opposing your decision? choices? You're a dear friend Ssul, a sister even, and I wish for every bit of happiness for you but just because I want you to be happy doesn't mean I won't tell you when you're being stupid or selfish. You have the right to be happy but that doesn't give you the right to destroy other people's lives. Minho is a married man, you have realize that. I care for you. You know that, right? But I can't condone actions such as this. Did Key know about this?" Amber spoke. Sulli nodded as she started to cry.

"I knew it. I knew that he had an idea of what was going on. But seriously, Sulli.. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because.."

"Wait.. Why were you in the hospital in the first place?"

The door clicked open and came in Minho looking rather surprised with the situation. Amber started to shut and looked at Sulli. "Fix it." Amber mouthed and walked out the door, not waiting for Minho to ask questions with what was going on. Sulli was still on the couch, crying.
Amber's words felt like daggers that stabbed Sulli at the back and slapped her in the face bit by bit. Amber was like the conscious she didn't have functioning. Every word that she said was true. One of the reasons why Sulli never wanted Amber to know before was because she'll oppose the relationship with Minho. Amber will talk her out of it before things have escalated to the way they were; which was supposedly that should've happened.

"I heard someone screaming outside and I kind of realized it was coming from inside of here. What happened?" Minho asked. He lowered himself to slowly reach for Sulli but she flinched and moved back.

"What's wrong?" He asked once more. He tried to reach in to hug her but she only withdrew and shook her head.

"No.." She whispered.

"Jinri, talk to me. What happened just now?"

"I can't..Don't touch me please."

"What did Amber say to you?" Minho asked whose voice started to crack out of panic.

"You don't understand. I can no longer do this Minho. We have to stop!"

"What are you talking about? No!"

Minho grabbed Sulli's shoulders and kept shaking her, asking her what was going on. He asked whether it was some sort of practical joke. He started to raise his voice as she asked while Sulli just kept on crying and crying. Soon enough, Minho started to shed some tears and eventually gave in to them.

"Don't do this to me, Jinri. Please.. I love you. You know that.. I thought we've talked about this? I am willing to face anything just to be with you." He spoke into her shoulders. Sulli shook her head and gulped, holding in the tears just so she could talk. 

"I was at the hospital earlier today and I had asked Amber eonni to come and pick me up. She talked to me and told me that we did was wrong. I should've never let things reach to this extent. She said that it was stupid and selfish on my part for destroying your marriage; which is true. You have so much ahead of you as a model, as a husband but I came into your life once again and destroyed it."

"Are you saying that's your reason? Because if it is, you better come up with a better one because I already told you I am more than ready to face anything just so we can be together."

"Krystal is pregnant. The doctor told me. They showed me her ultrasound as she lied unconscious on the hospital bed."

Minho's heart stopped with the words that came out of Sulli's mouth. It felt like the world has once again turned its back on him and was playing with his fate once more. It was the one thing he never expected and wanted to hear. He let go of Sulli and fell flat on the carpeted floor, on a loss on what he should say. He wiped the tears off of his eyes and started at Sulli who was looking away, avoiding his gaze.

The next half hour that followed, Minho was just quiet and Sulli's eyes have turned swollen upon drying up. Neither even noticed that the envelope holding the divorce papers was folded.

"She's admitted in Room 4022, Seoul National University Hospital. It was the nearest one the ambulance took us."

Minho started to cry once more and wanted to reach for Sulli's hand. His eyes read apologetic but Sulli moved away and told Minho to just go. He whispered "Sorry" before he grabbed his coat and walked out the door. Sulli broke down into tears once more as she slammed her fists on the floor. She's at a complete loss on what she should do.

On the other hand, Minho arrived at the hospital to check on Krystal. He looked like a mess upon entering the room. Only two stylists were there. They stepped out once Minho was in sight. Since the two of them were left alone, it would be expected for them to speak. However, the exact opposite had happened. Neither said a word and Minho just walked around the room, trying to take in the fact that Krystal was admitted to the hospital and was pregnant. 

"What are you going to do about it? I'm pregnant, Minho." Krystal finally spoke to break the silence.

"I don't know what I'm going to do."

"You have to take responsibility."

"I know but that doesn't mean I have to keep myself married to you."

"Is that why you even came? To tell me you'll leave me like trash just so you can be with that woman? Excuse me, Minho but I'll be having your child."

Being in disbelief with how the tables have turned, Minho left the room and decided to head back home and talk to Sulli. It wasn't so much a question but he'll still be staying with Sulli. He loves her truly. He'll take responsibility but not in a way Krystal would be expecting. He soon made his way to his condominium where Sulli was waiting. As he walked along the hallway, his cellphone rang.
It was Amber. She said that Sulli sent a cryptic voice message which alarmed her. She called to ask Minho if she was still with him. He checked his phone but there was no message from Sulli. Out of instinct, Minho rushed to his place and looked around. Nothing seemed to be out of place but Sulli was nowhere to be found. 

Minho was starting to panic. He raced the stairs down to the ground floor and looked around as he caught his breath. He was praying deep inside that she just left somewhere to get refreshments or whatever it is. He started calling but she wasn't picking up.

"Jinri, please.." He uttered under his breath.

Minho's cellphone soon beeped. It was a voice message from Sulli. He tried calling her but her cell phone was already out of reach; she has turned it off. He had no other choice to open the voice message. This caused him to curse. Minho didn't realize it but he had started crying. He was hoping that the voice message isn't what he's expecting.

"Oppa.. or should I say, Chingu-yah? You must be shocked to hear it but it's true. I've known now for some time but I am the person you used to call Chingu. I never realized it before only up until that party for the launch of your ads. I dialled your number only to have a match in my contacts. I never expected for our worlds to meet once more. You left before and I decided I should move on and decide my own fate. I did. I met incredible people in the time we were apart. I realized that I can be someone without depending on someone for help but that eventful night happened. We didn't know but we met and the spark we once had reignited. In fact, it blew up to proportions unimaginable that we had failed to realize we were already hurting other people. I was blinded by happiness. I was blinded by love. It's not so much me not loving you but it's just that I can't bear to even think that a child would be left alone because of me. A child who is innocent of all the sins that a cruel world has played on the fate of those that came before him. It is because of this that I have to go. I'm sorry, Chingu. Don't go looking for me. Good bye."

=======================================================

I was supposed to post this but a typhoon came and wrecked power lines. I had to suffer nights with no electricity and no internet connection. Anyway, there isn't really much that I could say about this chapter. I'll be posting another one hopefully this weekend.