Chapter 22- Debate

Fidelity

The rain started to fall. It was a downpour. She escaped from his side and ran to the nearest bus station just so she can go home as early as she can. The headlights of the vehicles light up the streets. The lamp posts were the only source of adequate lighting. The sky has turned dark. Nothing was said between the two of them after Minho confessed his true feelings. The man had no clue whether or not he'll even receive an answer. Nothing else really mattered to him at that moment. All he wanted was to have his feelings get across. Minho is keeping his fingers crossed that it reached Sulli.

 


 

The streets were oddly jam packed that morning. The roads still showed signs of the heavy rain the previous night but no one really seemed to mind the puddles. But the rain did make the temperature feel colder that morning; it was obvious since a lot of people from different classes were holding coffee cups in their hands. Amber was oddity. She had iced orange juice and a ham sandwich. The cafe was a two blocks away from the apartment and it is where she and Kibum agreed to meet. After much debate with herself, Amber decided to drop out of the police academy. Other than because she has lost the passion for being a policewoman, the break up with Henry will potentially make the situation more difficult. She no longer wants to cause any more additional trouble. Henry is well recognized in the academy so it'll be disappointing for him to be the one to leave.

"Amber-ah.." It was Kibum. Amber only smiled at the sight of him. She stood and hugged him tightly for no particular reason. Key smiled and grabbed Amber by the hand and they headed out. Kibum wasn't supportive of Amber's decision at first. He was the first one to oppose the idea of dropping out but Amber insisted it must be done. She'll take a rest and possibly go back to design school for Architecture. She was motivated to finish her studies once and for all.

The moment they arrived, Amber ordered Key to remain in the car. It was best to limit attention. Since Henry was famous in the academy, every body knew that they were a couple. They were practically treated as a campus couple but since they've broken up, Amber didn't want to stir unnecessary gossip if she comes in with Kibum. She received stares as she made her way to the registrar to submit her dropping form. Do they know that she and Henry are over? It psyched her out but later on disregarded the stares. She met professors along the halls and they mentioned that it was a pity for her to leave. Amber felt it was far from the truth but still she thanked them. 

"Done? Does this mean you are now officially a free woman?" Kibum teased. Amber gave a nod. 

On the other hand, Sulli was left at home. Key cleared the day for everyone for the reason of spending the entire day with Amber. Sulli never received confirmation from the two of them on what was their relationship status but it was pretty easy to catch. She can only sigh. If only things were that easy. She's in an extremely difficult position. It is as if she has drank wine that she knows will slowly poison her from the inside. She went in way too deep with this whole affair of falling for Minho. What happened last night was the very moment she wished would never happen. It would be easy if Minho will just dismiss the thought of her and not notice but no! He shares the same feelings; wrong feelings. Sulli would love to share her woes to Amber but knowing how Amber is, she'll just say to break things off. It isn't that easy. Sulli knows she's being stubborn but she'd rather stay quiet about it. 

"Jinri-ah! What have you gotten yourself into?!" She screamed at herself. Little did she know that she was looking like an idiot. Sulli was lying on her bed but was smiling like an idiot. Thoughts of Minho were running in her imagination. She had a flashback of their first moments back in high school. She remembered how Minho suddenly hugged her for no reason when they were the last ones left on the soccer field. She remembered the first time Minho fetched her in the morning so that they'd go to school together. They were still so young back then. Things were a lot less complicated than they already were.

Minutes later, she heard the front door click open. There were two voices coming from downstairs and the hysterical laugh gave away that it was Key. Amber shouted Sulli's name from downstairs but Sulli didn't move an inch. No one headed upstairs so Sulli remained in bed. The television and a movie opening seemed to have started. They were watching a movie. The small opening Sulli had on her door was enough just so she can hear what the movie was all about. From the sounds of it, it was obviously Miracle in Cell No. 7. The shifts from laughs and loud sniffles were an additional giveaway. As soon as the film ended, footsteps were heard ascending.

"Sulli ah!"

"What?!"

"I called you, why didn't you answer?!"

"I was asleep."

Amber noticed the puffy eyes once more. She only smiled and grabbed Sulli out of bed.

"Get out of bed. You were in bed the whole day. Kibum told me that he'll treat us for dinner. You'd like that, right? We don't have to cook. Come on! You reek so shower already. Kibum and I will be waiting for you downstairs. Don't make us wait for too long! He also said he'll treat you shopping. You love that too."

Sulli smiled as Amber went back downstairs. She knows that Amber is well aware that something is bothering her. They wouldn't last as housemates if they weren't close. Saying that Key will treat them was probably an excuse just so that they can go out. Amber is obviously trying to give some life to Sulli; which the latter really needed.

Key drove and they headed to the famous shopping streets of Myeongdong where there were a lot of bargain clothing. Even if he was a designer, Key would indulge himself would bargain clothing if he has the time. Avid fans of the designers asked for autographs as they walked along which Key gladly gave. Amber and Sulli just smiled in surprise. Amber bought some shorts, caps and plaid blouses. Key grabbed a pair of shades while Sulli grabbed a pair of green pants and loafers. They got so carried away that it has turned dark when they finished and decided to eat. They were feeling Chinese so they went to the nearest Chinese restaurant there was and ordered sweet and sour fish, spicy spareribs, hot and spicy soup and fried rice.

However without the knowledge of the two, Kibum wanted to take the opportunity to talk to Sulli which is why he asked Amber a favor to head downstairs to buy some ice cream from the convenience store that was about 300 meters away from the restaurant.

"I'm sorry for sounding angry yesterday." Kibum initiated the conversation.

"No. I'm the one that should apologize. I got angry too soon and even walked out. I am really thankful that you even treated me today."

"Amber is really concerned. She's just not saying anything but she knows something is bothering you. It's about Minho I presume?"

"Did you tell anything to Amber eonni?"

"No. I didn't. I can't. I have no plans of telling her. I am not in the position to go ahead of you since it is your business after all. But as a friend, I am just concerned. I can see the two of you when you're together. He looks at you differently from Krystal. It's like he's ready to die for you everyday. I wish for the happiness of both of you since you're both my friends but I hope you two know what it is you're getting yourselves into."

"I am well aware."

Their conversation ended when an angry Amber came in with three cups of ice cream in her hand. She literally smacked Key in the head since he made her walk back and forth really far. Doing so provided laughter. 

Key's words remained in Sulli's head until she closed her eyes to sleep.

 


 

Krystal was all smiles as she felt proud of herself for preparing a heartful breakfast for her and Minho. There were pancakes, ham, bacon and egg. It's not the most healthy but it was definitely satisfying. Krystal ran to the bedroom and tackled Minho so he'd get out of bed. To her disappointment, Minho wasn't all too game with it. He clicked his tongue and glared at Krystal for waking him up in such a manner. 

"Come on, Krystal. You really had to wake me up like that? You could've just tapped me on the shoulder."

"Woah. Easy there hot head. I cooked breakfast for us. I know you'll like it." Without a word, Minho headed straight downstairs to wash his face and dig in with his breakfast. For no reason, Minho looked like he was in a bad mood which Krystal didn't really notice. The girl kept on teasing Minho the entire time they were eating. She'd continuously spread maple syrup all over Minho's pancakes which annoyed him. 

"Krystal, please!"

"Fine, I'll stop. Hey oppa, why were you late last night?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm just curious."

"I didn't ask where you went off to when you were gone for an entire day. So why ask?" Irritated by the tone Minho had when he answered, Krystal got pissed.

"You don't have to sound so angry! Is it so wrong for me to ask?!"

Minho left his seat so Krystal mocked him that he was running away from the discussion once more. He didn't bother answer back. He showered quickly and left the front door all in less than ten minutes. It was still pretty early but Minho decided to head to the studio even if no one was in yet. He headed for the rooftop and sat against the wall. He really had no clear idea why he was so angry towards Krystal but he just did.

About an hour later, some of the staff and Sulli already arrived. There would be a photoshoot that day in one of the in house studios so they had to prepare the clothing early. The sight of Minho's car did not escape Sulli's eyes and when they headed inside and Minho was nowhere in sight, Sulli knew where she had to look for him. She was right. Minho was still at the rooftop.

"Found you."

"How did you know I'd be here?"

"High school. You're still the same. Remember when you lost the championship to the other class during the intramurals? You headed straight for the rooftop and that's where you cried. Our schoolmates got scared you hurt yourself but I foudn you in the rooftop, crying like a baby."

"I did, didn't I?"

No words were spoken between the two of them for the half hour they sat side by side on the rooftop. They didn't speak nor touch each other. The presence Sulli had was enought to appease Minho's uneasiness. Without saying a word, Sulli headed back downstairs to help in preparing the clothes. The photoshoot proceeded as planned. It was for the fall/winter collection that year and Key looked over. Minho did really well to satisfy Key's expectations. The designer didn't ask for retakes nor were there a lot of outfit changes. In between takes, Sulli would tend on Minho and he'd curtly smile or flirt with the girl. It made Sulli smile everytime. As soon as they ended, Key asked for Minho in his office. He said it was to review the photos but it was simply because he wanted to talk to him again about Sulli. 

"Sit down."

"This sounds serious."

"It may. It may not. How I'll sound is completely dependent on how you'll interpret me."

"I can actually answer your question. I was just too shocked and scared to answer it the other night but I do love her. I am in love with Sulli."

"You are well aware that Krystal will get hurt if she finds out. What are you planning to do?" Key asked to which Minho only shook his head as an answer. Key dismissed the model. Minho brushed the thought of it and grabbed Sulli out of the studio. They headed to the movies and watched two movies in a row. It was practically an impromptu date for them which they both enjoyed. The following days were the exact same. They'd go out after work and go to different restaurants, cafes or diners to eat both fancy and street food. Minho would commonly disguise himself which Sulli made fun of. 

They would laugh and smile. They'd feed each other but it was noticeable that they never held hands, kiss nor hug. They were happy but they didn't have any form of physical contact. Both of them didn't notice it. They just kept on with the dates as usual without realizing that they'd leave, go along and part without any form of skinship. Neither of them questioned since none of them bothered to put thought into it. 

In the 9th day they went out, Minho arranged a dinner at a restaurant that served seafood dishes similar to those that were served in Busan. Both were delighted. They didn't speak. They just attacked the food until their stomachs can no longer take any more food. To pass time, Minho drove to the Hangang river; the exact spot where he confessed his true feelings 10 days prior. The lights from the buildings that reflected on the surface of the water was eeriely beautiful. 

"You had fun?" Minho asked.

"Of course." Sulli replied.

"Uh? Sulli, you're.."

"Huh?" Sulli touched on her cheeks and she didn't realize that she started to cry. She had no control over her tears which just continued to stream down her face. She eventually gave into her tears. Minho tried to reach and hold her hand but Sulli withdrew her hand.

"I'm sorry."

"No..It's fine."

"I'm sorry, oppa."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"It's just that.. I don't know why I'm crying. I'm happy! I really am but somehow it can't escape me that I can't completely hold you nor kiss you. I mean, come on. This is practically wrong. What we're doing? It's wrong.. But even if, these tears.. The guilt. I am too happy. Every time when I am with you, I seem to forget everything around me. Every moment I spend with you, happiness fills me and I'd wish the day would never end. It has come to a point that I don't care what other people would even say or think about us. All I know is that we're happy. I know it's wrong but.. Gosh, I know I sound so confusing right now but I just love you. I love you too much. I've never felt this happy and crazy just being with someone. I love you so much that it scares me because it has come to a point that I just don't want to let you go."

Minho slowly hugged Sulli and rocked her gently to calm her down. He brought her home and the parted with a kiss on the forehead for each other. Minho headed back home and practically stayed awake almost the entire night without saying anything. 
The following morning, he was the exact same. Krystal noticed the change in Minho's behavior over the last few days and can't help feel bothered whether or not there was something wrong. She doesn't know if it was about her or something related to work but Minho didn't really say anything. In fact, even at the studio, Minho was mum; even towards Sulli. Also, instead of going the usual trip with Sulli, Minho left early and headed somewhere to who knows. He was out the entire afternoon and only returned back home where he actually brought food from a bakery and restaurant. He waited for Krystal patiently and welcomed his wife with a hug.

Krystal was obviously surprised. Minho prepared a candle lit dinner for the two of them. The coffee crumble cake was already sliced up and the pasta looked like it was served fresh from the kitchen. 

"What is this?"

"I just felt like preparing dinner. Obviously, I didn't cook these but I hope you enjoy."

The two talked over dinner and they got the chance to talk about the last few days. Both of them have become so busy that they barely get the chance to talk and ask about how each of them have been doing. Krystal mentioned that her schedule will get lighter since the sudden influx of modelling offers mellowed down. Minho mentioned about how the next campaign is being prepared meticulously by the staff. 

As they talked over dessert, Minho brought out an envelope. Krystal took the envelope and opened it. As she did, Minho put his ring on the center of the dinner table. Her eyes widened with surprise with what was written on the paper.

 

 

 

 

"I want a divorce."

=====================================================

Update! f(x) finally released their album. All the songs were so good so I was motivated to update another chapter. I hope you like it. Minho finally made his decision. I wonder how things will turn out from now? :))