Chapter 16- The Big Reveal

Fidelity

"What are you doing here?" was the very first sentence she uttered in welcoming Taemin in front of the studio. It wasn't much of a welcome to be honest. It was clear in her voice the feeling of contempt and not wanting his presence around. She took a step back when he started running towards them. Minho was utterly surprised by the situation, unsure on what needs to be done.

"Sulli, please.. I've been looking all over for you.. Just hear me out." Taemin was sounding desperate. He almost groveled on the street as he clasped Sulli's arm. The girl was putting effort in trying to free herself.

"Can't you just get a clue Taemin?! I don't want to see you.."

"Just let me prove my worth. Give me one more chance.."

Minho intervened and pulled Sulli away. "Dude. She obviously doesn't want to be near you so stop pushing it."

"Who the hell are you?!" Taemin retorted.

"I'm her boyfriend. What's it to you?!"

Taemin looked surprised but so was Sulli. Boyfriend? The mere thought of it made Sulli blush for reasons she didn't wish it did. But somehow, the tactic deemed effective since Taemin backed away and left but insisted that it will not be the last of him. Sulli grew overly conscious of Minho's hold on him. She inched forward to distance herself from him. It was no lie; her heart was beating like crazy and she doesn't even like it. 

"Th..thanks."

Minho let go of his hold and was clearly startled himself on what he did. 

"I...I.. Let's go grab a coffee and then maybe you can go home."

The two rushed to Minho's car with an obvious awkward feeling coming from both of them. They were at a loss on what to do and how to act. Sulli opened the passenger seat to her own accord but Minho attempted to open the door for her. Sulli went inside anyway and Minho rushed to the driver's seat. They drove to the nearest coffee shop from the studio. Traffic wasn't a pain but the stop lights only gave rise to awkward silence. The two barely spoke even when they reached the shop. Upon parking, Sulli burst into laughter which both surprised and baffled Minho.

"What?" He asked but Sulli just kept on laughing.

"Yah! Choi Jinri.. What's so funny?!"

"Sorry oppa.. It's just you were so awkward before we arrived here. Seriously, the door? Come on."

"You're one to talk! Aha. You were awkward as well squirming in your seat ot knowing what to do. Aish."

"But kidding aside, thank you for helping me back there. I wasn't expecting he'd come. You were practically a lifesaver. I haven't told you but he's the one I've been trying to run away from."

The two held their conversation as they headed into the cafe. Minho made the orders while Sulli looked outside. It was her first time in that coffee shop but Minho seemed really familiar with the alleys and roads there is to offer.

"Mocha Frappe, less sugar and soy." Sulli looked up to see Minho handing her the order she didn't ask for. What surprised her was that Minho ordered the very drink she'll get if ever she asks for coffee. Minho only smiled as he sat down with his own order of Cafe Americano.

"How did you?"

"That's what you'll always get even back in Busan. I just assumed but never thought I'll hit the mark. You were saying?"

"Well you see, I wasn't able to tell you but Taemin was the one I was running away from. You see he's my ex-boyfriend."

Minho's ears ticked with the word boyfriend. He completely disregarded "ex" and looked enraged with the word boyfriend. He was successfully able to contain what appeared to be jealousy with no hint to give it away whatsover. Sulli started to share tales about her escapades with Taemin and how things turned out the way the did. She shared her experience of being able to go to another country briefly because Taemin made a surprise trip for her to make up for lost time. It was easy to hear but there was a hint of sadness in the way Sulli stated the story. It didn't escape Minho. He simply listened but somehow, deep inside him, there was a feeling of regret of not being able to enjoy his youth a lot longer. He and Krystal married early. He was early in his career but she was already established well into hers. It was because of this early marriage that he got fixated on modelling and never got the chance to actually enjoy and go on adventures of his own.

The supposed short coffee break turned into a three hour session. The entire time Minho was just listening and Sulli did all the story telling. He had a lot of stories of his own but Minho felt just listening to Sulli. When they parted, Sulli didn't say it but she is really thankful for what Minho did. It got dark but he stayed up to the last moment of her tales. He didn't scrutinize her nor made inappropriate comments. Sulli no longer loves Taemin but she is thankful for the short time they were together. They had problems but she was happy. The only regret she only has was that they never ended on a good note.

Sulli was on her way home she stumbled upon Key. It was pure coincedence but the two started walking together. Key still looked like he was still suffering from the effects of his drunken madness but he looked energetic.

"Where were you?"

"Just went off somewhere. What brings you around here oppa?"

"Just decided to go for a little walk. I didn't bring my car remember?"

"Right.."

"Sulli ah! Can we go to your apartment?"

Sulli didn't like the idea of initiating the will to go the apartment. Amber is most probably home that time and Sulli believed it is not the best time for Key to see Amber. She refused his request but he was persistent. Sulli had no choice to oblige to the idea. They took a cab and as Sulli suspected, Amber was home. The light on the first floor was lit. The moment the door opened, Amber's eyes widened to see Key in their front door. Sulli only observed. She sensed the tension in the air but preferred not to ask about the situation. In order to break the silence...

"Eonni! The launch party of Minho oppa and Key oppa's campaign will be in a few days. You should go."

"I can't Sulli.. I don't think that would be best.."

"No. It's fine. Please.. As the owner, I wish for you to go."

It grew silent once more and Amber fled upstairs. The moment she went out of sight, Key fell on his knees, sighing; with a great sense of relief coming over him. Sulli can only offer a pat in the back. Little did they know that Amber was upstairs, locked up in her room biting her shirt with tears streaming down her face. 

Key didn't do much during his brief stay that night. His main objective was to really invite Amber to the launch party no more no less. There was no grand plan for revenge. Doing that would be pointless. It would only drive Amber further away from him. He doesn't want that. He won't be able to bear it. Sulli only offered a shoulder to lean on that night. They shared a bottle of beer and Key left later that night. Sulli had to sleep. The next two days will be busy in preparation for the launch party.

 


 

Minho arrived around 8 in the evening and Krystal was already home. Dinner was prepared but Minho insisted he wasn't hungry. This disappointed Krystal. She took the time to cook dinner for her husband and having him simply dismiss it hurt her a bit. He headed straight to their room where he took a quick shower. Krystal waited on the bed.

"You're in a little late."

"Went somewhere."

"You sure you don't want to eat?"

"I already had a sandwich."

Minho's answers sounded a little cold to Krystal. This caused the girl to worry. Minho insisted that we has just tired. Their conversation ended for that night wherein he invited Krystal to the launch party. She would go but she said she'll run in a little late since there would be a meeting with a brand she'll start endorsing soon. It was a pity they won't be able to go together on the red carpet but he understood the situation.

Minho drifted off to sleep with Krystal in his arms but with Sulli in his mind. He knew it felt wrong. It was wrong.

 


 

The first day was Everyone were all busy getting busy in preparing for the launch party. Most of the staff were organizing the venue. They prepared the stands where most of Minho's posters will be placed. Another large suspender from the ceiling was also being fixed. It is where the largest poster and Minho's main campaign poster will be unveiled. Others were preparing the stage and placing ornaments that were related to the campaign which included plaid fabric which flowed on the stage. It wasn't a formal dress event since Key always made clothes that were meant for casual wear. Minho would most probably wear clothes from the collection. 

Another set of the staff are busy sending in invitations to agencies of different models and other celebrities. Key wasn't in the scene but he was busy coordinating everything especially the photos that need to be printed in time. He is feeling a bit stressed because the printing company said that at least three of the posters were taking a long time to print for reasons they can't tell. One of those three were one of the main posters that would be unveiled on stage.

Key's vision was that there would be a red carpet event and will be followed by the revelation of the pictures. Initially, all the pictures would be covered by curtains that can be easily pulled to reveal the pictures. It's not as grand as some people would think but it's also not simple per se. 

On the other hand, Minho was also helping in the preparations. News of him as the male muse has started to circulate which is why there were already photographers and loyalists of Key's brand that are standing by the hotel where the event will be held the following day are observing. Most of them seem fascinated by Minho but others still dismiss him. Most of the male models that became muses of Key's brand have their careers skyrocketed. It was expected that people will have a lot of expectations of him. Sulli was also helping.

"Jinri ya."

"I told you to not call me that."

"What? It's just us who can hear it anyway.. Did that Taemin know of your name?"

"I never told him. We met when I was already here in Seoul so I was already using Sulli."

Minho lied down on the carpet floor of the venue. The finishing touches on the stage were already being done. The stage was decorated simply but the frames with the pictures have surrounded the venue and were already covered by the curtains. Key made the instructions clear that no one else should see it, especially Minho. Sulli imitated what Minho did and she also lied down on the floor.

"It's dirty."

"We're sweaty already anyway so no big deal.. Hey. Are you nervous?"

"I am more excited that nervous. But the nerves are there. I just feel that success is no near yet so far already. I just can't imagine how things will turn out. But to be honest, I am scared of what people would think about the pictures. For sure not everyone will like every picture but I just hope I look good in them. I trust Key's instincts though. I just want to make him proud of how far we can go."

They soon both faced each other and looked into each other's eyes. No words were spoken but Sulli knew she was able to convey her belief that everything will be all right. Minho only smiled accepting Sulli's trust on him. They've gone a long way from where they used to be. Sulli is hopeful for Minho so that he can go further along his career. Minho just wishes happiness for Sulli and in everything that she does.

The night ended quickly and the day of the event came quicker than everybody ever expected. Minho was back at home still asleep while Sulli was already preparing. The red carpet event will start at around 5:30pm and the after party would be around 9 or 9:30pm. The guests would surely come in one by one. Sulli was already choosing the accessories that would go best with her outfit while Amber was still in her pajamas.

"Eonni.. I thought you were going?"

"Not so sure about it anymore. Maybe I won't anymore.."

Sulli shrugged and later on left to head to the party. They'll be welcoming the guests and she'd like to see the celebrities that will be attending the event. The red carpet is also a highlight that people and magazine photographers watch out for. By the time she arrived, other celebrities have entered. The high profile ones haven't arrived but it's been said that the Chinese Model and Actress Song Qian will be attending. Sulli has been a fan of her work which is why she is really looking forward for Qian's arrival.

In the meantime, Minho was still at home. Krystal left early on for the meeting. Nerves were starting to take over Minho. Questions started to run in his head such as whether or not he was prepared for it. Was he ready for it? Did he deserve this? Is he capable? All these questions were starting to run in his head that he barely noticed the time. He was expected to arrive as one of the last few ones but the red carpet is about to come into conclusion. Key was starting to panic as to where Minho was. Sulli didn't have his number so she was at a loss on what to do.

"Where in the world is that guy?!"

"We've been trying to call him.. We're not getting anything."

"Sulli?"

"Sorry oppa. I don't know."

As the entire team were starting to panic, the photographers faced the red carpet and started to fire rapid shots to the person who was gracing the carpet. It was no other than the male muse, Minho. He wore the tattered jeans that he modeled in one of the shots. He was also wearing a plain white shirt and no accessories. He just had a red plaid polo twisted upon his waist but otherwise he didn't have a lot of makeup or accessories on him. But even if that was the case, a lot of the fans that were on site were in awe of how Minho looked when he is supposedly made up. Minho was projecting really well. He entered the venue and headed backstage.

"Where have you been?!" Key nagged.

"I tried to shake off some nerves. Sorry."

"Get a little make up. We'll be heading on stage for the unveiling of your pictures."

Sulli was glad to see Minho was in the house but she was rather distracted by seeing Song Qian outside. Sulli was peeking through the door located in the dressing room and somehow it had a view of the events place. She was there. She wore black capri pants, cropped top and black creepers. She would usually adorn gowns and dresses but what she was wearing was really in sync with Key's brand.

"Are you ready?" Key whispered.

"More than ever."

As soon as Minho and Key stepped out, the lights flashed and focused on them. The crowd went wild and clapped their hands.

"Thank you all for coming to this event." Key announced. "As you all may know, I don't release collections regularly and when I do, it is because I have chosen a new male muse for the brand. I am proud to say that I was able to help most of the models I got landed even better paying jobs. I was able to maintain communication with them and to wherever you guys are right now in the crowd. Thank you for coming! Tonight will be the launching event and I believe I shouldn't prolong on who my new male muse is."

Minho took the mic and smiled. "Hello? Yes.. Good evening everyone."
Minho's head was going blank. All his words about the campaign were already organized in his head but somehow they just popped out of his head. It was then that Sulli noticed the situation and shouted a loud "Minho fighting!" from backstage. This woke Minho's senses and helped ease his tension.

"Sorry about that. Again, good evening. I am Choi Minho. First and foremost, I would like to say that I am really thankful for everyone that came to this event. This would be my very first major campaign so I am really excited for it. I know this may sound much but please look after me."

The crowd cheered adn the grand countdown started for the revelation of the pictures. Minho was to pull the rope on the biggest poster. The other staff were stationed with the other pictures. Key asked the crowd to countdown and as they finished Minho pulled the rope. The poster started to roll down and voila! Minho's main poster campaign was released. It was a close up shot of his face in Busan. It was in black and white. It had a clear shot of his eyes. The crowd grew silent as they looked at the main poster; others even gasped. Sulli saw it and tears verged in her eyes. It was a beautiful shot. It can say of so many but it was clear that Minho's desire was evident in his eyes that were captured in that shot. Minho just looked at Key and mouthed a thank you. After the moment of silence, every one clapped their hands. 

Photo-ops soon followed before the party started. A lot of the girls started to take pictures with Minho. He became an instant celebrity. Most of the crowd look around on the photos and offer their praises. Magazines wished for interviews but Key insisted those will be performed on another day. They would focus on the display of the pictures that day.

"Is Krystal coming?"

"I hope she is but still no word on the meeting. I actually fear she might not arrive."

Everyone then proceeded into a bigger dining hall where there was party music, food and booze. Key was a fan of parties himself so he ensured that a segment as such won't be missed. He handled all the preparations for it personally.

People were obviously having fun and Sulli took the chance to get an autograph from Song Qian who was more than gracious in giving her signature away. Sulli just marveled on how smooth and flawless the celebrity looked up close. 

Little did they know that Amber was already in the venue. She came in late on purpose so that she can mix in properly with the crowd. She wore her casual jeans and shirt with her cap. But she's got to admit that she was feeling a little lost on the sea of people. Someone then grabbed her only for her to find out it was Key. She tried to runaway but it was no use.

"Please.. Let's just talk."

Key lead Amber to a relatively empty and more quiet spot in the hall.

"Where is he? You could've brought him along."

"And what, have you cause an uproar?"

"I won't do that. I don't want to lose you again.. Not anymore. I've driven you away before."

"Look, Key.."

It was then that Key took the chance to kiss Amber. He gently cupped the girl's face planted a gentle kiss on her lips. It was nothing torrid or sloppy but he kissed her. She was surprised but she didn't push him away. Gently as he slowly tried to let go of her lips, he rested his forehead on hers and gently whispered...

"I love you Amber.. Good bye."

 

======================

 

Krystal was already amidst the crowd. She was in a hurry to arrive because it was already late when the meeting ended. Traffic was a killer and her battery drained. She felt as if the universe was completely against her. What's more annoying was that she had to find Minho in the sea of people that were jumping to the music of the DJ that was playing music.

"Oppa.." She whispered.

She looked around and around; not caring if people bump into her or push her, Krystal looked for Minho. Luckily though, a path opened up and gave view of Minho. She started to walk towards him but stopped halfway when she saw what was going on. Minho was in the lounge with Sulli. Krystal could recognize it was the stylist she worked before. She doesn't know why but an overwhelming feeling of jealousy filled her. Minho was smiling in ways he never did in front of Krystal. Krystal knew that. He'd laugh as if his laugh was his last. The two were so immersed in their conversation that they barely noticed Krystal's presence.

"Oppa.."

The two jerked in place and Minho turned to see that it was Krystal.
Krystal was feeling bitter but she was trying her best to hide it. She didn't offer the two greetings and instead dragged Minho to the dance floor. It is because of this that Minho left his cellphone with Sulli.

"Aigoo. You should never put it out of your pocket."

Sulli started to look at Minho's phone and saw that the old shot of his first try in modelling was his wallpaper. It has been mentioned before but it was Sulli who took that shot. Years have really gone by. Sulli kept Minho's phone in her pocket and she headed for the comfort room to call on someone. She can hear girls vomiting inside the cubicles which only made her laugh. Others were puffing cigarettes near the window.

She reached for her phone and dialled. As soon as she did, Minho's phone started to vibrate. She rushed out of the bathroom and started to look for Minho but it was no use. The place was jam packed. She rejected the call which in turn disconnected her phone; her heart skipped a beat.

"What?" she mumbled.

She headed back to the bathroom and dialled once again. Minho's phone started ringing. Sulli didn't like what she was starting to feel. It felt so obvious to her but she was trying to deny if it was the truth. She cut the call and later started typing in her own number on Minho's cellphone. Her heart beat like crazy as she did. As she did numbers of Minho's contacts started to match but the moment she finished only one name was left on display which brought tears to her eyes.

It was more than who Sulli was calling..
It was Chingu.
It was Minho.

=====================================================

The big reveal!! :) I don't really have much to say but I think I'll be focusing on this one much more before I go back into writing for Redemption. Chapters for this one have been laid out in my head so I might be able to update again by the end of the week. Hope you like this one!^^