Chapter 18- Clarity

Fidelity

There has been this saying that a woman's instinct is never wrong. It goes that whenever a woman feels something is wrong within her gut, something is most probably wrong. It isn't entirely accurate but several instances of the woman's instinct turning out to be true gave sense to the so called phenomena. It is commonly described an uneasiness in the stomach; not necessarily of nausea, but rather a churning feeling that you can't pinpoint what is causing the discomfort. Other symptoms include irritability and mild paranoia. It's a case to case basis but those symptoms mentioned were the exact symptoms Krystal was feeling.

She has confidence in the way she projects her self. She's never been conscious of her image and she knows that she has looks to boot. She won't be a model in the first place if that wasn't the case. However, there is an uneasiness that has been looming over her ever since the night she saw Minho and Sulli together at the party talking the night away while she wasn't around. The mere fact that neither of them, especially Minho, noticed her presence, it only shows how immersed the two in their own little bubble. It was the first time in their entire relationship that Krystal was bothered with her husband's actions. The smile that Minho had on his lips stuck like glue in her memory. The image of it is etched into her mind. The reality that her very own husband smiles differently for another woman.

It was easy to catch that Krystal was bothered over the situation. She had a habit of biting her fingernails and scratching her head whenever she is anxious. She was doing it so often that even the staff at photoshoots or at the agency notices her doing it. She insists it's a pointless mannerism but a friend of hers knows otherwise. It was a Wednesday morning, three weeks after Minho's campaign was launched. They were in a restaurant among the pool of establishments that filled Myeongdong.

"Talk to me."

"I don't know where to start."

"Well, you certainly look nervous and you've been incessantly biting your nails for almost three weeks. I can tell this is something grave."

"It's about Minho."

"Your husband. Aish.. Why me?!"

"Oppa! You're the only one I am closest with. So please.. Help me on this."

Krystal was sharing food and thoughts over lunch with Minhyuk. Their families are well-acquainted which is why the two practically grew up together. Minhyuk's family is in charge of a famous hotel in Jeju Island. It's a hot-spot for tourists since that hotel is the most recommended place for tourists to stay at. The two have been close ever since their elementary years.

"You know I don't like talking about Minho when I am with you. It's already bad enough that we don't see each other often. Congrats on the successful comeback though."

"Thanks oppa. But seriously, oppa.. This.. It's.."

"Is it about another girl?"

"How did you know?"

Minhyuk leaned forward and flicked Krystal's forehead. "I know you too well. We grew up together so I know all your tendencies. You were acting the exact same way when a girl in our school confessed to me!"

"I did not! I beg to differ from every other girl in your class."

"Kidding! But on a more serious note, have you tried confronting him about it? You should at least talk to her about it. It might help alleviate whatever negative thoughts you are having about your relationship with him. It's hard to conclude without concrete evidence Soojung. Try to observe; that would certainly help. Just make sure you won't sound as if you are trying to pry into everything he is doing. He wouldn't like it and I am sure he'll only get irritated if you are too obvious. Subtlety is key my dear."

Krystal just kept nodding her head the entire time Minhyuk was lecturing her on what she should do. She always seek Minhyuk in the most desperate of times and she's more than thankful that he is always willing to go to her side whenever problems persist. He'd offer valuable advice. It's a hectic world in fashion for Krystal and fame correlates with people that try their best to get close with you. It's not that she considers her other model friends as users or fake; she loves them. She is close to them and values them but she is more than happy to have Minhyuk on her side.

The two of them finished their lunch and Minhyuk bid his goodbye. He has a flight back to Jeju. He literally flew back to Seoul because of an urgent call he received from Krystal the previous night. Minhyuk wishes to protect Krystal all the way. They bid goodbye and there was bitterness in Minhyuk's smile. As Krystal walked away, he can only look at her long, wavy hair. The same hair he's been seeing for the past 18 years since she's always had her back facing him. Anybody can clearly see that Minhyuk treasures Krystal more than as a friend or sister. He believes that Krystal is just too dense on that aspect. 


Minho's life has turned into a rollercoaster ride ever since the campaign release. He has been interviewed by magazines left and right and photo shoots here and there. His agency has expressed their happiness over his sudden shoot to fame. Minho appreciates the attention but it still takes some getting used to. In fact, he has a scheduled photoshoot that day for Men's Health Magazine Korea. Actors and athletes are those that are commonly found on the cover but there are rare instances that high profile models are featured. It still feels new to him at times that he is now included in that list. He has Key to thank.

He was dressed in a black wife beater and ripped jeans. Other shots of him were meant to be provocative without looking . Other shots are also meant to look natural because at the end of the day, men are the market of the magazine. Magazines that have interviewed him prior that day included teen magazines, fashion magazines and magazines for women. The questions have turned a bit generic for him. They keep asking him about how he started, how he feels and what he plans to do. But there is one question that is never missed out. It is about Krystal. He never gives too much detail but it does irritate him at times. 

He was lucky that Men's Health focused on his lifestyle and what he does to remain healthy. There were no particular questions about his personal life whatsoever. The staff were accommodating and professional. After the three hour photoshoot, Minho headed back to the agency and stumbled upon Changmin.

"Hyung!"

"Minho-ah!"

The two shared a hug and proceeded to one of the lounge areas in the third floor where most of Minho's pics were now posted. Changmin looked at them as they walked along the halls. A smile formed on Changmin's lips. He gave Minho a light tap on the back. It was more than enough for Minho to know that Changmin is more than happy for what he has achieved.

"Woah. You're really something now kid. Congratulations on your campaign and for numerous photoshoots. Let me guess, people in this agency have started to kiss up on you don't they?"

"Not that I notice but a lot more have started to talk to me. It's kind of funny actually."

"It's understandable."

A sudden shift in the air then came and Minho spilled the beans to Changmin about Sulli and how the two of them started to grow closer once more. He didn't say every encounter with Sulli in detail but enough for Changmin to understand the situation.

"Talk about coincedence. How has it been? Things didn't really end on a good note between you two. Isn't there friction?"

"Not really. We can talk normally and all."

Changmin gave Minho a look. He was skeptical with Minho's words but the younger insisted that there was nothing weird going on. Changmin knows his close dongsaeng too well. It's not that he thinks Minho's lying but he is certain that Minho is just denying things to himself up to a certain sport. His body language gives it away. Minho has this habit of pursing his lips whenever he lies about something. He was doing it that entire time when they were talking.

"By the way, there is party tonight posted in the front door. I don't know if you noticed it. Narsha invited me to come so I am assuming you'll come too? Maybe it's also a mini celebration for your success."

"I'll think about it. Krystal might go so it'll be a default I go as well."

The two bid goodbye and timely, Key called and asked Minho to come over to the studio. The model went over as quick as he can but he wasn't really surprised to find no one else there except Key. Oddly though, he was drinking a bottle of wine alone.

"You called?"

"Are you going to the party? Your agency invited me."

"Krystal will most probably go, so I might as well." Minho replied as he sat and fixed himself his own glass of wine. He took a sip but Key just looked at him. It irked him a bit. He tried to dismiss what it meant but he had to ask what it was.

"You still haven't answered my question three weeks ago. You literally fled on me when your phone rang."

It was the one about Sulli. Minho knew that. He purposedly escaped the question last week and used the phone call as an excuse. It was just a coordinator from the agency. He lied and saying it was Krystal. As he said, it can be said that his actions looked were being cowardly. He admits, it is. There wasn't really any excuse he can come up with to refute the claim. It was the simple and plain reason that he doesn't want to answer the question.

"Is it really a big deal if I answer that question?"

"It is! I am not stupid to not see the way you look at Sulli. In fact, you look even differently from her compared to your own wife. I am well aware that you two had a connection in the past. It is not my business to know that but it is my business to know what kind of mess is going on because the two of you are my employees. Let alone, my friends."

"Fine. I apologize. I value Sulli. She is important to me but I know where I lie."

Key nodded and Minho was called by Krystal. As Minho predicted, Krystal was going to the party and obliged Minho to attend as well. The company intends for the party to serve as a celebratory party for the two of them. Krystal is ranked as the number one model for that season while Minho's shoot in his career will be celebrated. The two parted ways. Key wouldn't attend the party. He just sat there across the window in his leather seat as he drank wine.

 


 

The party is as loud as anyone would expect. It was situated at the penthouse of a famous hotel located in Incheon. There was a mini red carpet prepared near the entrance that welcomes all the model guests. Narsha welcomes the models one by one. Krystal and Minho arrived a little late than the specified call time in the invitation. Krystal took a long time to prepare which caused a minor quarrel between the two. 

"What took you two too long?" Narsha asked.

"Sorry eonni. We experienced a minor setback but everything is okay now."

The moment the two stepped in loud cheers welcomed them and cheers. The music played louder. Krystal intended for the two of them to spend the night talking as she wishes to ask Minho the questions as Minhyuk advised. Though it was rather unfortunate since the two of them got separated instantly. She was grabbed by Jiyoung and the others while Minho was grabbed on my the other male models. The music was loud and the other models were grooving to the music. Others were lounging on the bar while there were those that hung out near the buffet table. Krystal wasn't in the mood for anything. The room was dark but the strobe lights were blinding. She had a hard time looking for Minho in the sea of the crowd. It slightly reminded her of what happened three weeks ago with Sulli but she eventually brushed it off.

"Minho oppa? Oppa?"

A loud cheer came from an area behind her. She headed towards that direction and luckily found Minho. Unfortunately though, he was already drunk and there was no use of talking any sense out of him. The other male models must've kept calling shots. She was frustrated with what happened but she was worried. Minho was walking like a drunk monkey and it wasn't an attractive sight. She called on Narsha if they can book a room. All it took was a quick call and they were granted a hotel room just a floor below. Others offered assistance but Krystal opted to assist Minho to the room by herself. There was an elevator after all. Minho was dead weight as Krystal supported him. The task was made a little difficult by her heels. However, as they alighted the elevator Minho started showering her with kisses. This surprised Krystal. She pushed Minho and tried to avoid his kisses up until they arrived in the hotel room.

She lead Minho to the bedroom but instead she was dragged by Minho on the wrist and pushed her on the bed. He hovered over her as he started to his shirt. As he did, he started giving Krystal a torrid kiss. She responded by letting Minho's tongue in. Krystal felt herself cheeks flush with heat. It's been so long since Minho took the initiative to touch her like how he was doing it that moment. He let go of the kiss and started to caress Krystal's thighs as he planted soft kisses all over her face, neck and shoulders. Slowly, he started to and remove the ribbons of Krystal's long dress. He continued to kiss her softly as he hovered over her. He whispered sweet words into her ear and called out a name.

What was that name? "Sulli."

=================================================

I didn't mark the chapter since it wasn't really all too revealing (I think.) but nonetheless, I think you guys now realize what the "shocking" thing I was talking about. I know, it's mean and it's just getting a lot more complicated. But Minho will almost make his choice in about three chapters from now. Just a little warning for whatever heartbreak I'll deliver XD
Anyway, thank you for reading! Please look forward to the next chapter.^^