Chapter 21- Betrayal II

Fidelity

The door clicked shut behind her. She had her hand holding the handle tightly as if her fingers have grown stiff. She can't let it go. She had her lips pursed as she slowly bit into it. She felt her teeth go through and the sensation and taste of blood started to fill the insides of . Guilt. It was piling up inside her. There was no denying that what she had done was a conscious choice. She kissed Minho out of her own free will. She wanted it herself but somehow she was surprised by the fact that Minho responded to her kiss; in such a way she did not expect. He responded and kissed her gently; his lips was gently clasped unto hers. It brought an ache to her heart. Sulli was guilty for two things: one is that she's well aware that Krystal will get hurt and two, she's in love with Minho once more.

There was no use of denying it any longer to herself. She doesn't know when it exactly started but whenever she's around him, it feels as if there is this energy that makes her gravitate herself towards Minho. Seeing him at least once a day makes her happy and she enjoys spending time with Minho. She feels butterflies in her stomach whenever he is around. The simplest of things that Minho does such as the way he smiles, breathes,winks and speaks. It affects every fiber of her body; as if electricity is running throughout. It's just that she knows she can't have him; that makes it a lot more painful.


The sound of a revving car engine parking and giggling was heard on the other side of the front door. The door slowly unlocked and revealed Amber and Key giggling and tickling each other. The two were completely unaware of Sulli's presence. She was sitting quietly on the couch with swollen but dried up eyes. One look and Amber knew that she had cried. It was just that she didn't know the reason behind it. The couple gathered back their wits and Key cleared his throat.

"Are you hungry?" Amber spoke to break the awkward silence. Sulli looked at her and just nodded. Immediately, Amber ditched Key's side and headed to the fridge to cook something for the three of them.

"Can I help?" Key asked. Amber just nodded and they busied themselves stir frying some left over rice and frying some marinated pork in the fridge. Sulli remained quiet on the couch. The two can sense the eerie aura but didn't dare ask what it was about. Though between the two of them, Key had a better idea on what could be possibly bothering Sulli. Dinner went by quick and quietly. Sulli only had three scoops of rice and two slices of the pork. She thanked the two for the meal and washed her share of the dishes and rushed upstairs. The shutting of her door and clicking of the lock was heard from upstairs.

"I am not really sure on what I should do?" Amber asked.

"Henry?"

"No, you idiot! It's about Sulli. It's been so long since I last saw her looking so blue. I am sure Taemin is no longer involved so I can't tell what is causing her grief. Do you have any idea about this?"

"Are you going to break up with Henry?"

"Kibum!"

"Answer my question first."

"I'll talk to Henry tomorrow. I already called him. I feel a little bit guilty though. He sounded so excited for us to actually meet."

"Are you having second thoughts?"

"No."

Key then gave Amber a quick peck and flee right out the door. It was unfair of him to not answer Amber's question about Sulli but he felt that he wasn't in the position to say anything about the situation. He has a hunch that it may involve Minho but knowing Amber, if he says anything about it, she'll ask Sulli to the ends of the Earth. If she did answer, too many people will be involved and things will just turn ugly. Because of this, Key wanted to confirm things right then and there. He shifted gear and instead of going straight home, he rushed to Minho and Krystal's house.

All the while, Minho was enjoying dinner alone. Krystal was still out and she hasn't said anything on her whereabouts. A pack of instant noodles and a beer of ice cold beer were the best Minho could come up with to satisfy his hunger and thirst. The picture of the kiss was still clear inside his head. He touched his lips as he chewed and remembered how soft Sulli's lips felt like. He knew they were wrong but he can't erase the thought of it in his head.
It was then that Minho was woken from his trance by the sound of the doorbell ringing. He had to check to see who it was. It was Key. Immediately he opened the door and welcomed his good friend. Key saw the noodles and beer instantly.

"You have another bottle?"

"The beer? Yeah.."

Key fixed himself a bottle and they headed over to the living room. The noodles have turned cold but Minho felt the heat of the situation and tensed up. He was pleasantly surprised Key knew where he lived but other than that, it would be the first time he came over.

"What brings you here, Key?"

"You know why I'm here."

Minho was lost. Was it about the upcoming photoshoot? Last time he checked, there was no conflict in his schedule and he didn't say anything stupid during magazing interviews and such. He was cautious in shooting the questions as to why Key really came over but he had to. Key didn't appear angry about it but he looked serious.

"You haven't been honest with me."

"What? Why?"

"Sulli, what does she mean to you? Who is she to you?"

"I already told you." Minho sounded defensive. He was obviously avoiding the question.

"You're lying. I just came from their apartment and Sulli cried. She looked surprised. Did you do anything to her? Were you with her the entire day?"

Obviously flustered with the question, Minho didn't answer and instead stood and tried to push Key out of the front door. The latter tried to counter Minho's efforts. Key showered Minho with word bullets. He said that Minho should no longer even deny or pretend because his true feelings towards Sulli can be read easily. During the entire struggle, Minho kept mum and just insisted for Key to go since it was already late. However, as they reached the front door that was now open, the hinge on the gate creaked and in came Krystal. The two men cursed under their breath.

"Key oppa?"

Minho let go of Key's collar and Key on Minho's sleeve. They wiped themselves clean and acted as if nothing wrong was going on. Krystal didn't ask questions but it was clear she was suspicious of the situation. It's the first time she ever saw Key come over to their house.

"Is this business talk? If it is, I can go. Do you want some food?"

"No. I just came over to talk with Minho about certain things regarding work but it's not too serious. I was just about to go. I'll go. It's nice seeing you, Krystal. See you around, Minho!" Key flew from the scene where he kept Minho to clean the remaining dirt of their encounter. Minho was nervous; sweat dripping down his back. Did Krystal hear their conversation? The spat? Key kept shouting Sulli's name which the mere thought in Minho's head of Krystal hearing it makes his heart skip faster. To his surprise though, Krystal just smiled. She fixed Minho's sleeves back into place and headed back inside. Minho was obvious baffled. He ran after his wife and asked where she had been the entire day.

"I just went to meet some friends. I assume your day had been great?"

"Y--yeah. You can say that. Hey.."

"Oppa, I'm really tired and I wish to sleep. Care to join me?"

There were no ifs and buts said. The two of them headed to bed. Krystal rested her head against Minho's shoulders while he looked straight into the ceiling fan that was turning around and around. He was committing a grave sin. He has Krystal by his side every night but has Sulli in his mind. It was a sink hole he can no longer escape. He has bit into bread that he can't chew and swallow. It was simple reason as to why he can't answer Key and why he was forcing Key to go home. All of Key's words were true. He sees Sulli in a different light. He's just too much of a coward to face it.

 

On the other side, Amber was busy pouring and sharing drinks with Sulli. Both weren't saying anything but they were both in a tight spot. The only difference was that one of them is more determined with their wish to pursue a relationship. Amber was mentally preparing herself to finally face Henry. She's determined to cut their relationship as early as she can. If she continues to be indecisive, she'll end up hurting them both and might end up losing them both. She can't. She won't be prepared to experience that. However, if she had to choose, the choice was clear. It was Kibum and only Kibum. Sulli on the other hand was on the other side of the scale. She was completely confused. She is a person in love with someone she isn't supposed to be inlove with. She is a person in love who like anybody else has her selfish desires of wishing that the person she loves will always be by her side. However, she knows that she can't. It's a sin. It's a crime. 

"I am impossible, eonni." Sulli spoke.

"Why?"

"I just am. I am always indecisive. I always say I want something and that I wish to achieve something but whenever I try to reach for it, I always get lost. I always lose my track. I can never go in the right direction especially when it comes to love."

Amber didn't really any words to offer in order to console Sulli. She can't fully understand the situation. Instead, she offered her companionship for the entire night. She had to talk to Henry early in the morning but Sulli was more important than that. The girl has been going through so much in such a short period of time. It's one hell of a roller coaster ride.


He had a bright smile planted on his face like he's always had. He had his hands clasped together as he sat in his home boy glory. He was an ideal guy in every other girl's eyes; he knows music, sports, dancing. He's incredibly smart and is a killer cook. It was just that he was not the perfect guy for Amber. There was an incredible amount of guilt that filled her as she stood outside the cafe she asked Henry where they could meet. He hasn't seen her yet but Amber already caught a glimpse of Henry from the opposite street. She carefully crossed the street and entered the cafe. Henry greeted her with a warm smile and hug. Henry had everything prepared. There were two cups of coffee and sub sandwiches ready on the table. All that was needed were people to eat the food. The conversation started smoothly with Henry asking how Amber has been. Amber has been absent for almost a week from the academy that some of the teachers have already asked for her whereabouts. 

Henry insisted to visit Amber for days but the girl opted to not let him. Henry also mentioned and emphasized how much he missed Amber. Amber tried to react accordingly but it has turned difficult especially with the impending doom she's about to bring.

"Henry.. Henry, listen to me."

"Sure anything."

"There is a reason I called you here. Other than because of school and things, I came to tell you something."

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything."

Amber fiddled on her fingers, obviously nervous on what she was about to say. "There is no easy way to say this. You know I was really happy and thankful that you liked me. I was really flattered and flustered. I thought back then that I am a really lucky girl for having you. We were happy and I told myself there isn't anything in the world I will do to hurt you.. I was wrong. Look Henry, you're a great guy and to tell you the truth you're perfect."

Henry hushed Amber and looked gently at her. He sighed and held Amber's hand tightly. "But I am not the perfect guy for you."

"Henry..I'm so sorry. Don't get me wrong, I did love you but as early as now I want to tell you. I can't force myself and end up hurt you. My conscience won't be able to take it if ever I continue to make a fool out of you."

"Does this mean you're breaking up with me? Is it because of him? The guy that went to see you at the academy?"

"Yes. It's him."

Henry let go of Amber's hand and stopped looking at Amber's face. Amber tried to reach out but Henry insisted to not do so and wished for Amber to go. She expected the reaction and she had no right to feel angry if he pushed her away. She was the one that betrayed the trust and chose to go with Key. She left the food intact and left with a tear. She can see a future with Henry but he will never be "the one."


 

The days that followed, Sulli and Minho rarely met in the studio. Minho would be involved with a different group of stylists for evert shoot but Sulli would never be part of a team. Minho found it odd that it happened after that incident several days back but he never bothered to ask Sulli himself. They never got the chance to meet even if they were in the same building. All the while, Key was just observing the situation. He'd take intervals on who to accompany. He noticed the change in behavior on the two. Minho looked distracted and Sulli has turned clumsy. It was affecting their jobs that Key felt like he had to do something but he knew he simply can't. It was an affair, an issue between the two in which he knew no matter how much he intervenes will be still up to the two of them. 

Little to the knowledge of Minho though, Taemin was coming over at the building and been trying to befriend Sulli little by little once more. He has fixed himself up completely and was slowly trying to prove that he is worth another chance. Sulli hasn't said anything but she's been seeing Taemin's change. It's not that she wants to get back with Taemin, it was something completely out of the picture. She'd usually avoid him but his persistent behavior always gets the chance to be with Sulli. 

Timely that day, Minho will finish early from a photoshoot and Sulli would be in the studio all day. She was tasked with another stylist to prepare the set of clothes Minho will be wearing at the next public appearance the model will join. He has turned busy. If the magazines aren't the one asking him for a shoot, tv shows would request his presence to up the ratings. Minho has become really popular. Key was in the building with Sulli.

"Sulli-ah."

"Oppa?"

"Can we talk?" The two then headed into Key's office to talk privately.

"Is there something you need?" Amber asked.

"No, I just want to see how you are doing. You know you can be honest with me. If ever you wish to take a leave from work, I can give you a paid vacation. It's all right with me."

Sulli looked offended rather than touched with Key's words. She felt as if Key doesn't see how professional she's trying to be. It was obvious that Key is implying something about Minho. It's true. It has turned weird for her but she has to work at the end of the day. Shocked and frustrated, Sulli left and bumped into Minho on the stairs without her noticing. She had her things with her. Minho wanted to start a conversation by asking her to apologize but instead he found her crossing the street and entering a car. Curious on who owned it, Minho fled to his car and followed Sulli. The car just drove around and around for over an hour. It only stopped when the sky has turned darker and the Hangang river was relatively more empty. Minho parked from afar and saw Sulli come out. Another person came out and to Minho's surprise, it was Taemin.
A burst of anger filled him and he almost hit the honk of his car. It was a good thing or else he'll be found out. The two then just sat on the hood of the car and talked. Bored, Minho stepped out of his car and observed. He can barely overhear the two but he didn't like how close they appeared. Almost more than a week ago, Sulli was scared of Taemin and wanted to get away from him and now she's all chummy with him again. He doesn't get it.

Soon enough, Sulli stood and headed to the nearest way to the bus station. That was where Minho started to race her to. It had started drizzling which made them run faster. There was still substantial distance but Minho stopped Sulli and pulled her into the nearest trees that provided enough shade for them to remain dry. That was where Minho kissed Sulli quite forcibly.

"What are you doing?" Sulli said in between the kisses.

"What were you doing with him?!"

"You followed me?"

"I thought you guys were over?"

"We are! But even if we weren't anymore, it's not your business!"

"It is my business."

Sulli escaped Minho's trap but his strength proved to be too strong for Sulli to overcome. She had started crying out of panic to get out of the situation.

"Do you know how difficult this is for me? It's wrong Minho. Let's stop it. Let's just stop this."

Minho banged his arm against the tree bark. It was so loud and strong that Sulli heard a layer of wood crack or break. Minho rested his forehead on Sulli's. He was breathing against the bridge of Sulli's nose. He shook his head.

"I can't... Not when I'm with you.. Not when I'm still madly and crazily in love with you."

===============================================================

Finally recovered from my fever and got the chance to finish this chapter! I don't know if you guys noticed but the final scene is the scene in the foreword. Taemin's presence will prove important in the following chapters. I apologize for the late update but I hope you guys liked it! Forgive me for any grammatical errors and/or typos.