Chapter 1- I'm Married..

Fidelity

He has always dreamed to be part of the rich and famous. He remembers that ever since he was a child, whenever he'd see celebrity red carpet events, his eyes would glisten. He would always tell himself that someday he will be the one standing in that same spot. He wanted to be the affection of those lights up to the point he can be blinded. For someone his age back then, it was hard to imagine on how someone like him can reach such a point in his life. Well it did and he was living it.

The fans were held behind metal barricades to keep the personalities on the red carpet safe. The screams are loud enough to deafen anyone who dares stay for an entire hour. It was a launching event for an international fashion brand and actors, actresses and notable personalities have been invited. Cameras swarm the entrance and the red carpet, always ready to take shots of those who are coming in.

Out of all the cars that pulled up, a black Porsche received the loudest screams. The moment it stopped and two individuals came out, the fans' squeals were loud and strong enough to shake up the entire venue. One of them was a woman; slender, slightly tall and fair-skinned. She had beautiful jet black hair that was tucked ever so slightly behind her ears. It displayed her diamond chandelier earrings which complemented her white gown perfectly. The other one was a man of tall stature. He adorned specs, burgundy hair and a classic black tuxedo. All eyes were on them. The cameras snapped every moment they took a step on the red carpet. 

He took her by the waist and they waved to everyone. They stood to pause and proceeded to head inside the venue. Guests were everywhere. Sharing glasses of champagne and stories they were willing to share. A few nods and greetings, the two of them headed to the nearest empty table to settle down and gather themselves. But before they can even do so, reporters swarmed the two of them.

"Krystal-ssi, how have you been?" One of the reporters asked as he shoved a microphone up to Krystal's face. The girl was startled. Three other reporters started to force themselves through. Minho was forcing the others away but the girl insisted it was fine.

"I've been good. This is my first public appearance after the marriage. After so long, I am both nervous and excited."

"Will you immediately go back into modelling after this event? A lot of people have been asking it since they are really excited to see you in the runway once more.."

Before answering the question, Krystal dragged Minho by the arm so that he will be captured by the camera as well. She replied that she might skip the next fall/winter and proceeding spring/summer runway shows. She reasoned that she wishes to enjoy her life as a married woman at the moment though it's already been a little over a year since the event happened.

It was labeled as "The Wedding Every Girl wishes". Krystal wore a white and peach dress adorned with pale yellow Swarovski crystals with flower embroidery around each one. She was beautiful. The wedding was shot and was aired for the public to see. Despite Minho's lack of name in the industry, he was good looking. People saw them as the perfect couple. They were the couple to envy.

--------------------------------------------

"See? I told you that they wouldn't air my interview. I was there right beside you and they did ask questions but they only aired yours. Damn those reporters!" Minho complained as he shut the television off and banged the remote against the velvet couch. Krystal giggled and s her arms around Minho's neck. 

"Let them be, oppa. It's not a big deal. The questions they asked are pretty generic anyway. Our answers are answers will pretty much expect." She encouraged. It could've helped but Minho clicked his tongue and escaped his wife's embrace to get a glass of water from the kitchen. 

"It would be nice if those words of yours can help but I can't avoid get frustrated with what they did. I get that I'm not as famous of a model as you are but I've been trying. Aish.."

"How about we go out to cheer you up? Some of my friends called and said that we should have a get together. They insisted you come. Some of them will be tagging along their boyfriends so you're not the only guy."

Minho rolled his eyes and groaned. "Krystal, you know how I am with your friends.."

"What? They're fine. Come on.. It's been so long since they last met you." Krystal pouted and begged. Minho was trying to stand firm but her aegyo is something he hasn't learned to resist. He gave in to her request and they soon drove to a restaurant not far from their residence in Gangnam-gu. It was easy to spot Krystal's friends. Three of them were models and the other one was a photographer. The girls were all good looking so they were easy to see. Two of them tagged their boyfriends along. 

"Soojung-ah! Over here.."

Krystal was the youngest of the bunch and she squealed as the four other girls welcomed her with hugs and kisses. The two men just remained seated unless Krystal offered them a handshake. All of them took their seats and made their orders. It was a Japanese restaurant.. Krystal's request. Tempura, sushi rolls, sashimi, tonkatsu and miso soup were served. Immediately, they took their respective servings.

"Soojung-ah, how was your trip to Hawaii with your husband over here?"

"It was really great, Tiffany-eonni. The sun felt really good and the waves weren't as strong. The two of us were able to enjoy the beach to our hearts' content."

"Did you and Minho, you know?" Sooyoung asked.

"Eonni!" Krystal screamed as she kicked Sooyoung's shin under the table. It caused the older to wince in pain.

It came to a point at the lunch that the guys and girls took separate tables. The men remained quiet. It's not so much that they didn't know each other but things were rather awkward. Taecyeon and Siwan were male models as well. They've hit it big time and Minho turned out to be the "least successful" among them. They joined over one pitcher of beer as they listened to the girls' conversation. 

"Do you still plan to remain in hiatus? Some of the designers I know that like you really wish to see you on the runway once again."

"Jiyoung, as much as I want to.. I don't really feel like it. In fact, I am not sure whether I will even step back on the runway. I like being a full time housewife. I love modelling but I see myself as a perfect fit as a home maker."

"Are you serious? Are you crazy? Don't get me wrong Krystal but how will you sustain yourselves if you don't get back on the runway. Your husband isn't really the most successful male model out there. His income is only a fraction of what you can earn on a single photoshoot." Jiyoung stated as she lowered her voice gradually. Krystal gasped and pushed her friend with her elbow. Worried that he might've heard it, she took a glance over to the men's side. 

It was not long until the air has stirred into awkward after what Jiyoung said. She apologized but it was more than probable Krystal didn't hear it since she and Minho walked out of the restaurant to head home. 

"Sorry you had to hear that."

"Don't worry. I've had a feeling in the beginning, when we started dating that some of your friends weren't really happy about the idea of me being with you. I brush it off, so no worries. But she does have a point though. I was the only nugu model in that bunch. I would understand why some of your friends would be concerned for our financial status. You've been out of the scene for more than a year and I'm not the most in demand model out there, aren't I?"

She hugged her husband to comfort him. He smiled slightly. "By the way, I have a photoshoot tomorrow. Call time is around 8:00am so I'll be going ahead of you."

"I'll cook you breakfast then."

 


 

There were five of them that were called in for the photoshoot. It's not what he would've wanted since standing out has already been a problem but work was still work. He's not an in demand model so whenever the opportunity persists, he takes it. It was a photoshoot for a clothes shop that specialized in custom made curdory pants. Minho was chosen as one of the models by the designer himself. Through with the hair, make-up and styling they took center stage. They were grouped into two's, threes and all five. With every click, Minho tried his best to give a variety of poses.

"Minho-ssi, turn your head little to the left."

"Minho-ssi, can you lower a bit? Bend your knees a little but don't make them too obvious."

"Minho-ssi, can you switch places? Sit in front."

The photographer called a 20 minute break and Minho noticed that the man clicked his tongue and shook his head. It appeared he was frustrated. The models' make up were retouched and all five of them entered to pose in the camera once more.

"Minho, Kwanghee.. Can the two of you step out a bit? I'll call you two in when needed."

The photoshoot continued but the photographer never called the two of them back to pose. It left Minho a little disappointed but he tried to remain positive. When everybody finished in cleaning up and packing the things, Minho bowed and thanked everyone for their hard work. Slowly, he made his way to the photographer.

"Mr. Hong."

"Hey! Minho.. What's up?"

"Thank you for the hard work today. Do you have a moment to spare?"

"Is this about what happened earlier?"

"Well.."

"Don't get me wrong, Minho. I like you and your body of work. I insisted to the designer to include you in the line-up since I know how well you can model pants.. But today was really bad, Minho. You looked tense and awkward with the other male models. That was why I had to ask you to do different poses. However, something was just not right. I don't know what it is but I still believe you, kiddo. We all have our bad days.. Today was one of yours. We were able to take several shots and some of the shots you were in were workable."

The photographer quickly bid farewell since he mentioned he had another appointment in the other side of town. Feeling defeated, Minho went out of the building with a heavy heart. He headed inside his car and banged the steering wheel. He was frustrated. He was hurt. He just don't know how long he should continue to prove his worth and ability. 

It was easy to see. No one is just brave enough to say it. He's living in his wife's shadow and he believes, no one can really change that.

 

Or maybe not?

=====================================================

First chapter is posted. Thank you for subscribing as early as now and I hope you enjoy the first chapter! :) Please look forward to Chapter 2.