Chapter Nine

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was already midnight when Jieun arrived in Seoul. After she cried, Myungsoo drove back to Seoul in silence and she was thankful for that. He was there for her, and he patiently hugged her tight when she cried. He whispered comforting words and Jieun would lie if she said it did not helped because it did.

 

"Thanks for the ride" Jieun mumbled, afraid to meet his gaze. "It's nothing," He sighed. "You can always talk to me, Jieun. That's what friends are for" She nodded. "Yeah, thanks again. I'll see you in school" She muttered and got out of the car.

 

She gave him a small wave and waited until he drove off. She struggled to to unlock the house door with the key since she was so tired. All she wants right now is to sleep. She twisted the key and the door unlocked.

 

With a sigh, she pushed the handle of the door. The lights were all off except for the living room. Her mother was sitting on one of her sofa's, her eyes full with concern. "What took you so long?" She lightly scolded and massaged her temples. "I was worried," She said softly.

 

"Sorry, we stopped by one of the restaurants near our old house to eat" She replied, twisting her hair around her tiny index finger. Of course it was a lie. She spent hours in the car with Myungsoo telling him about why their parents divorced.

 

Myungsoo already knew before she told him, judging by how her dad's girlfriend behaved. It had only been a month since she knew him but she's already telling him about all her problems and crying in front of him like a loser. This guy is dangerous. 

 

Her mom patted the space next to her and Jieun gladly obeyed. She sat down and her mother caressed her face. "How did it go just now? How is uh your dad?" Her mom's eyes widened, Jieun knew she did not meant to ask that. Her mom pressed her lips into a thin line and kept quiet.

 

Jieun was too tired to get mad. After all that he's done, she still wants to know how he is? She knew her mom was still in love with her dad but who is she to blame? They were a happy couple until that came into the picture. 

 

"It was alright," How long is going to lie to her mom? "Dad's alright. He said hi" Jieun had the urge to just roll her eyes at her fake statement. Her mother's eyes brightened. It had been weeks since Jieun seen her so happy. The guy who broke her heart is that cause of her happiness? 

 

"Really?" Her mother asked. Jieun forced a smile and nodded. "Yeah, so anyways. Have you eaten dinner? Oh and here's the document" Jieun passed it to her mom, observing her mother's face who looks like she was on the verge of tears.

 

"Thanks, honey. I have good news to tell you" She smiled, "I got the job and I'll be going to Japan for a week" Jieun hugged her mom. "That's amazing mom. I'm happy for you" She breathed. Her mom ruffled her hair.

 

"Thank you. I'll be living in two days so feel free to invite Jaekyung over. You can have a party but make sure the house is clean when I get back" She joked. A party? Is her mom for real? "Sure that would be great. I'll go to bed first. See you tomorrow" Jieun kissed her mother's cheeks and walked away.

 

Jieun knew better to not have a party. She was too lazy anyways and the only friends she has are Jaekyung and Infinite. "Wow, way to sound like a loner" She scolded herself and laughed bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter