Chapter Six

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was two days away from Jaekyung's party. Jieun had been forced to accompany her to get the 'perfect dress'. Well it wasn't a problem since Jieun needed a dress too. It was time for her to get her wardrobe changed.

 

"What do you think about this one?" Jaekyung suggested, holding a pink strapless dress with white polka dots all over it. Jieun thought it looked terrible but kept a straight face, her lips pressed into a thin line. "Black. You need a black dress"

 

Jaekyung's skin was as fair as snow white and she wouldn't think any colour would look good on her skin except for black. "Black?" She asked, making sure and Jieun nodded.

 

She threw the dress she was holding and continued looking for a dress as if their lives depends on it. "Wait, aren't you buying anything?" Jieun shrugged, "I'll just buy whatever that looks nice" She actually had her eyes on one of the dresses she saw but the she did not have enough money to buy it.

 

Her mom is still struggling with the divorce and the last thing Jieun wants is to spend their money since her mom was still jobless. "Come on and pick something" Jaekyung smiled while nodding towards the pile of clothes she brought with her into the dressing room.

 

Jieun shook her head repeatedly. "No thanks" Jaekyung pouted, "Why not?" "Because" Jaekyung glared at her. "Because is not a reason, Lee Jieun. You deserve a dress from me after hours of being patient with me. I had never ever found a friend like you who didn't complain at all although I've been to like," She counted with her fingers.

 

"Twenty shops?" Jieun laughed. "As tempting as it sounds, I'll pass" Her friend sighed and crossed her arms. "It's either I buy you a dress or I'll make you pay for your dress AND mine" She said out loud making sure Jieun heard the 'and'. 

 

Jieun faked a gasp, "You wouldn't!" "Watch me" She bit her lips, waiting for her friend to say she was joking but Jaekyung continued crossing her arms with a stern look. "Fine" Jieun sighed in defeat and Jaekyung cheered happily. "Now lets go buy you the hottest dress ever!" 

 

 

"That was soooo much fun" Jaekyung laughed, holding five shopping bags in each hand. "And tiring" Jieun whispered, rolling her eyes. After going to all the shops that sells dresses, Jaekyung had finally found the perfect one. Jaekyung also bought the dress Jieun wanted for her.

 

She stopped walking and turned around to face Jieun. "Did you say something?" Jieun shook her head and smiled innocently. Jaekyung was about to start walking again when someone caught her attention. She froze in her spot with an unreadable expression.

 

Jieun followed her gaze and saw a girl about her age with her group of friends. She was tall, pretty and had long wavy black hair. The girl seemed to notice both of them staring at her. She smirked and whispered something to her friends before walking to their direction.

 

"Relax, Jaekyung" She muttered under her breath. Jieun stared at her cluelessly. Did she hate that girl? "Lee Jaekyung, what a surprise" Jieun could tell she was faking a smile and she fought the urge to just scoff at her. 

 

"Wish I could say the same for you" Jaekyung replied, giving her the same smile. She rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here, Suzy?" 'So that's her name' Jieun thought. "Shopping, what else? Are you forgetting that this mall doesn't belong to you?"

 

"You know that's not what I meant. How dare you show your face in front of me?" Jieun had never seen Jaekyung so pissed. Suzy ignored her question and smirked after looking at Jieun. "She's one of Myungsoo's pet? Did you decide to borrow her for the day since you have no friends?"

 

Wait hold on. Myungsoo's pet? Jieun was about to say something when Jaekyung st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter