Chapter Twelve

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How do I look?" Her mom twirled , showing off her new clothes. Jieun eyes sparkled and she nodded approvingly. "Not bad mom" She smiled and gave her mom a thumbs up. "I'm so nervous Jieun, it's my first day in the office" 

 

"You'll do great" She fixed her mom's blouse and her mom smiled. "Thank you for being patient with me Jieun but I'm trying my best to get over everything ok?" She pushed the strand of hair behind her daughter's ear and sighed. 

 

"I'm taking you to school today, hurry up and get ready alright?" Jieun nodded, walking out of her mom's room and towards her room feeling her heart beating faster. She's finally going to ask Myungsoo what his problem was today but that's if he goes to school.

 

She had been wanting to see him but Jaekyung told her he was still pissed off because of the fight that happened last week and his face were covered in bruises. Jieun knew how important his face was to him, she knew he was proud of the way he looks.

 

She closed the door behind her and got ready to go to school. 

 

 

"You don't look so well these days, are you alright?" Her mother asked, concerned. Jieun buckled her seatbelt and shook her head. Should she tell her mother about Myungsoo? Her mother was starting to get better, maybe this is the chance to bond again? "There's this guy..." Her mother grabbed Jieun's left hand softly, her eyes on the road. "So it's about a guy?"

 

Jieun couldn't miss the grin on her mother's face when she started telling her about him. "....We became close friends after a while and we're just friends but he gets mad at me when I talk to boys" She complained, the crease on her forehead appearing.

 

"It's not that he likes me so why is he always so angry? He doesn't even treat girls right" She mumbled while throwing her hands in the air. She felt more relief as she told her mother all about him. "But he's nice to you, am I right?"

 

Jieun blew her bangs and nodded, "Until that one night when the guy who likes or liked me came to the house" She whispered the last part. Myungsoo had never been so cold to her before, well until L.joe came. "Maybe he likes you?"

 

She scoffed, "He treats girls like toys. He's the same species like dad" Jieun laughed bitterly and noticed her mother stiffened at the mention of her dad. "Mom...I'm sorry" She bit her lips. Her mother stopped driving and forced a smile.

 

"It's okay, we'll talk about this at home. Have fun in school" Jieun heaved a soft sigh and kissed her mom's cheek before unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door. She stepped out of the car and watched her mother leave the school compound.

 

"I heard L oppa is back" A few girls that passed by Jieun, whispered. She furrowed her eyebrows together, "He's back?" She whispered and followed the girls that was talking about him. "But he has bruises on his face!" The whole gang gasped. 

 

"No way, is he hotter?" "What happened to him?" "Where is he now?" Jieun slowly followed behind them, they were too busy to notice she was there. "I saw him at the garden just now having a nap. He was so hot!" The girls giggled and the one in the middle stopped walking causing Jieun to bump into her.

 

"Ouch" She muttered and rubbed her forehead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter