Chapter Eight

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was exactly 8pm when a knock on Jieun's door was heard. The door opened revealing her mother who looked pale and tired. It was as if she had not slept for days. "Hey, baby" She forced a smile and sat down on the edge of Jieun's bed.

 

"Everything alright?" Jieun asked, worried. She sat next to her mom and held her mom's hand. "Y-yes. Everything is fine. I just need your help" Jieun nodded and waited for her mother to continue. "Me and your d-dad, we haven't officially divorced,"

 

Her voice was shaky and Jieun knew she was on the verge of tears. "I just need to sign some papers but I need to get it from your dad. I have a job interview tomorrow so I don't think I can make it. W-would you help me?" Jieun's eyes widened and she bit her trembling lips.

 

She had never thought she'll see her dad again. She doesn't want to but for the sake of her mom, she nodded slowly. "Okay." Her mom kissed her forehead. "Thank you, sweety. Please bring your friend along, I don't want you traveling alone"

 

"Alright, good night mom" "Good night, Jieun" Her mom walked out of the room and Jieun heaved a sigh. She lied down on her bed, holding her phone. She sat up and dialed Jaekyung's number. 

 

"Jieun?"

"Hey Jae, are you busy tomorrow?"

"I have a date with Woohyun. What's up?" 

"Oh is that so. Nevermind, forget I called. Have fun tomorrow you love birds!"

"W-wait"

 

Jieun hung up and bit her lips. It's best if she went alone anyways. She wouldn't have to tell Jaekyung everything because she knows she'll cry when she sees her dad. Jieun's phone vibrated and she answered knowing it was Jaekyung.

 

"It's okay Jaek-" "I'm free tomorrow" Why does Jaekyung sound like a guy..."Yah Kim Myungsoo!" He chuckled on the other line.

 

"Hi babe"

"Are you stalking me?"

 

He laughed slightly, "Yeah, I'm looking at you right now. y shorts you have on" Jieun gasped only to realize she was wearing her long pink pants. "Jerk" She glared at no one in particular. "I'm imagining you in shorts right now, hell that's hot"

 

"Stop!" Jieun giggled, twisting her hair. "Keep your thoughts to yourself, do I have to repeat this every day?" "If I get to hear your voice then yes" She blushed at his choice of words. "How did you get my number anyway?"

 

"Jaekyung," He replied and Jieun nodded although she was sure he could not have seen that. "So what's going on tomorrow? Need a friend?" Maybe bringing Myungsoo with her wasn't a bad idea. Maybe he could drive so Jieun could relax before meeting her father.

 

"How do you feel about driving to Busan with me?" Myungsoo laughed, "Seriously?" "Yeah, it's okay if you don't want to. I can go alone" She pretended to sulk. "Are you kidding me? I'm in. See you tomorrow babe" He hung up and Jieun smiled, maybe bringing him is a good decision.

 

 

"I hope your friend likes Kimchi fried rice" Her mom muttered, passing her two containers with the fried rice in it. "Mom, you shouldn't have! We could just stop by a restaurant and eat" She frowned. Her mom shook her head, "Just take it, honey and thank you" 

 

Jieun kissed her mom goodbye and opened the front door. Myungsoo was already waiting in his car. Jieun told him they could go with her car but he wouldn't listen to her. "Typical Myungsoo" She mumbled and got in the car.

 

"Mmm kimchi fried rice?" He asked, leaning closer to the container. Myungsoo wore a plain black black shirt today and he was wearing glasses. Oh he looks hot alright. "Yeah, only the best kimchi fried rice ever!" She beamed and he chuckled.

 

"Can we have desserts first?" He smirked. Jieun pouted, "I didn't bring any desserts though.." "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter