Chapter Twenty-One

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I can't believe we're doing this" Jieun muttered to Jaekyung, glancing at the mirror in front of her. Short dress? Check. Killer high heels? Check. Over the top make up? Check. 

 

Jaekyung had called her a few hours ago, saying "WE ARE GOING CLUBBING TO CELEBRATE!" Jieun immediately responded a "No, thanks" and hung up.

 

The last time she went to a club, it didn't end well. A few hours later, Jaekyung showed up, a black dress in hand with a grin. "I asked your mom" 

 

Jieun's eyes widened, "Are you crazy?" Her best friend shook her head, shoving the dress towards Jieun.

 

"She said yes, so you have no reason to not go" Yup, her mom has officially gone crazy too.

 

"You look hot" Jaekyung winked while fixing her dress. "I look like I'm ten years older" She mumbled, still staring at her reflection. "Loosen up, princess. It's your day" 

 

Jieun didn't feel like going out or even partying. She had spent hours in her room, her phone in her hand but no call or text from Myungsoo. 

 

She knows he's busy having a date with Suzy, but would a text hurt? Or did he forget her birthday?

 

She laughed bitterly earning a confused look from Jaekyung. 

 

He's out having the time of his life while she's spending her birthday by being upset?

 

Jieun pressed her lips into a thin line. "To hell with both of them" She muttered and turned to Jaekyung. 

 

"Let's go! I can't wait to dance" Jae smirked and wrapped her left hand around Jieun's waist. "That's what I'm talking about" 

 

 

 

It was the same club that she went to a few months ago. Jieun shivered, remembering what happened.

 

If it wasn't for Myungsoo, she would either be dead or to traumatized to go out. 

 

It was the day that she became friends with Myungsoo and now she's here again, without him. Two hours left until her birthday ends and still nothing from him. 

 

Jieun stood up from her seat leaving Jaekyung with Woohyun and the rest of INFINITE behind.

 

She was touched when she found out they wanted to celebrate with her. 

 

Everyone except him of course. "Where are you going?" Sunggyu asked. He's the oldest in the group hence the one who worries the most.

 

"Just feel like dancing" She replied with a smile. "Call us if someone starts disturbing you" He nodded towards the dance floor.

 

"I will" She made her way to the dance floor and did what everyone over there was doing. She danced.

 

Jieun closed her eyes and danced to the beat of the song. A guy had even asked if he could dance with her and she surprisingly nodded. 

 

It felt like she danced for hours when the voice she wanted to hear so bad stopped her.

 

"If you keep dancing like that, I might have to punch everyone who's looking at you" She paused, her heart beating faster than usual.

 

He's here. 

 

"Myungsoo," She twirled, almost tripping in the process. "Stupid shoes" She cursed unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter