Chapter Twenty

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Go to the mall with me this saturday?" Myungsoo asked, his head tilted to the side. Jieun and Myungsoo were both eating at Jieun's favorite ramen store. 'I would have confessed after we ate but now he's just a close friend that is out of my limit.'

 

Her lips formed a tight smile, her eyes on the ramen bowl that hasn't been touched yet. "Sure" He patted her head. "Thanks babe, I need your help" Now her eyes met his.

 

"What for?" Myungsoo smirked. "I'm going out with Suzy on Sunday and I thought I should get her something" He clicked his tongue.

 

"But what the hell do I know about girls?" Jieun felt a pang in her heart again, as if it's not bad enough that he's not interested in her at all, but now she has pick out something nice for his girlfriend?

 

She could sabotage Myungsoo and choose something hideous but it wasn't like her to do this. 'If she makes him happy, then why should I stop him from his happiness?' "Jieun? Are you even listening?" He muttered softly, poking her forehead.

 

She blinked several times and Myungsoo chuckled, finding her actions cute. "Yeah," She replied while glaring at him but like always, he found whatever his Jieun does cute.

 

"Can we eat now? I'm hungry" She pouted, trying her best to change the subject so he wouldn't talk about Suzy again. If possible, it would be better if he stopped talking about Suzy forever. Wouldn't that be nice? She chuckled at the thought of it.

 

 "What's so funny?" Myungsoo mumbled, amused. "Nothing that concerns you" She stuck her tongue out and they spent hours later talking about almost everything, it reminded her of those times before Suzy came and Jieun knew she wouldn't get to spend time with him like this anymore.

 

It was almost 8pm when Myungsoo sent her back home. Myungsoo was leaning against his car while Jieun had her arms wrapped around herself because of the cold weather. She was standing in front of the gate, facing Myungsoo.

 

"I had a great time" She smiled, a genuine one. Myungsoo found himself smiling back at her before clearing his throat. "It's the least I could do," He shrugged and a laugh escaped her lips. "You still have to buy me more food since I'm helping you out"

 

He rolled his eyes jokingly and nodded. "Of course, princess. Now go to sleep" It was her turn to nod. "See you at school!" ...with Suzy she wanted to add but chose not to. "Too impatient now eh, Lee Jieun?" He smirked and Jieun's cheeks were flaming red. 

 

"Jieun," 

 

"Yeah?"

 

Myungsoo paused before shaking his head with a sigh. "It's nothing. Dream of me" He winked causing her to snort. "Wouldn't that be nic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter