Chapter Two

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jieun tossed and turned in her bed, trying to get the incident that happened out of her head but no matter how badly she wants the memory to be gone, it will be always haunting her. It's funny how everything could change in just one day. 

 

Just yesterday, her family was joking around during dinner. Her dad promising them that he'll bring both of them to Seoul for a holiday soon and Jieun had never thought she'll be here earlier. But without her dad...

 

She sat up and hugged her knees closer to her chest. Tears were slowly falling down. Why can't this all be a dream? She closed her eyes and little did she know, she fell asleep.

 

Morning came sooner than she expected, she woke up and mentally scolded herself for sleeping in this position. She got up and yawned. Jieun walked towards her mirror and slightly frowned. Her eyes were red. 

 

"Get yourself together, Lee Jieun" She whispered, and slapped her cheeks lightly. She tied her hair into her bun and made her way to the toilet to freshen up.

 

When she went downstairs to have breakfast, she found a note on the table. "Eat up honey, I'll be in my room if you need me" Jieun heaved a sigh and sat down. Never in her seventeen years of living had she ever ate her breakfast alone. 

 

'Everything is changing too fast, I can't keep up' She buried her face into her palms, and sighed again. She ate her waffles silently, only the sound of her chewing could be heard. 

 

She grabbed her school bag after she was done eating and walked up the stairs. Jieun thought it will be rude if she didn't say goodbye to her mom and she wanted to see how she was coping with everything.

 

Knocking the door while taking a deep breath, Jieun muttered a "I'm coming in" and twisted the doorknob. Her mom was sleeping. She kissed her mom's forehead and quietly made her way out of the room, glancing at her sleeping mother before closing the door.

 

 

School. The only place she could escape from all her problems. Jieun would lie if she said she didn't like going to school because she did. Her ranked in class was always in top three. She smiled, for the first time ever that day.

 

Her school wasn't so bad, it was big and it looked like an elite school. Well, she was in Seoul so that isn't a surprised. She walked in the school grounds, passing by all the people that sat on the grass minding their own business.

 

They were too busy talking to their friends to even notice Jieun was there. She sighed in relief, attention is the last thing she wanted. She couldn't even bother to make friends, after all it was her senior and also her last year in high school.

 

She only wanted to focus on her grades. Maybe a friend or two was alright but having a crush on someone? Jieun shook her head, that's not going to happen.

 

When her mother came home last night after registering at her school, she showed Jieun the subjects she was taking and what class she was in. It was easier this way, Jieun did not have to go to the office. She could walk into her new class and sit behind.

 

No one would notice her and she wants it to be that way. Her mom had already told her the directions to go to her class so finding where her class wasn't that hard. There were only a few people in class, they looked up when Jieun walked in but a few seconds later, they continued doing whatever they did before she came.

 

Jieun smiled to herself, thankful that no one cares. She chose the seat that was at the back of her class. Satisfied with her seat, she sat down and rested her head on the her right arm. 

 

"A new student?" A cheery voice voice behind her said. She looked up and saw a girl smiling. She had beautiful long brown hair and she looked like a doll. Jieun envied her, she was beautiful. The girl's smile got wider and she sat next to Jieun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter