Chapter Nineteen

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Why don't you introduce yourself? and Myungsoo, get back to your seat" The teacher ordered, and flashed a quick smile at Suzy.

 

"Whatever" He muttered and walked back to his seat. Jieun was an emotional mess when he sat down next to her.

 

'Why is he with her? Why isn't he mad at her? Are they together?' She wanted to cry, scream, and run straight home and hide in her room forever but she managed to put on her poker face.

 

"You and her..." Jieun opened to speak. "I met Suzy yesterday" He replied, his smile so sincere that it hurts. 

 

"Oh" Jieun smacked her lips together, her fingers tapping her table. "Are you with her?" Myungsoo smirked, "She said sorry, turns out she was supposed to get married to that bastard she cheated with me on. That's why she was so mean towards me but then she realized I was way more important than her parent's decision for her future" 

 

Suzy was introducing herself in front of class but all Jieun could hear was the words coming out of Myungsoo's mouth.

 

She was on the verge of tears. She knew she was never meant for Myungsoo anyway. Guys like that would end up breaking her heart and look how true that statement is. Jieun wanted to clutch her heart and sob but she held it in. 

 

"Is she telling the truth?" Jieun didn't mean to ask him, it just slipped out of but she was curious and that was a fact. He looked at her with an amused smile before letting out a small laugh. "Guess so"

 

"What if she breaks your heart again?" Myungsoo stopped laughing, he reached out and patted her head softly. His touch too familiar to her. "Don't worry about me, babe" She forced a smile and nodded. 

 

'I guess I got it all wrong' She wanted to laugh at her pathetic self. Myungsoo loves her, yes he does but only as a friend. All those sweet talk and hugs, not to mention kisses, is that what best friends do?

 

But then again, Jieun had always told him she wanted to be only his friend and nothing more than that so who is she to blame? No one else but herself and her stupid heart. 

 

Suzy was done talking so she made her way to the empty seat a few tables away from theirs. Well, not before sending Myungsoo a wink. Jieun didn't dare to look at him, she could tell he was smiling. 

 

"You are going to love her" Myungsoo nudged the girl next to him that was on the verge of breaking down. "My girlfriend and my best friend being friends" He teased, and Jieun choked a laugh. 'Best friend' 

 

She stole a glance at Jaekyung who was being comforted by Woohyun. How selfish she was to only care about her own feelings. Suzy was once friends with Jaekyung, she couldn't imagine what her friend is going through.

 

When she turned to look in front, Myungsoo was asleep. Everything else felt normal. Except for the fact that he was now taken, by the girl who once broke his heart.

 

 

 

 "I can't believe that has the guts to move here!" Jaekyung slighty yelled, frustration written all over her face. It was during lunch and everyone was at their table like always ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter