Chapter Twenty-four

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There was one day left before Jieun's midterm exam starts and her principal had allowed the students to take a day off to revise at home instead. “Of all subjects, why must it be maths first?!” She cursed, flipping through the notes she made every time Myungsoo tutors her. He had been teaching her after school for a few days straight until today.

 

Jieun would lie if she said it didn't help her. In fact, she knew how to solve the math problems more than she ever did before in her 18 years of living. She fought the urge to just roll on the floor while sobbing out of frustration.

 

If only her dad was here, he could at least give her last minute tips. Her heart ache at the thought of him. She no longer felt bitter or angry, but instead she misses him. He hasn't called and she wasn't sure if she was ready to either.

 

A knock on the door was heard and Jieun stood up to unlock it. She was afraid her mom would randomly come in and witness her mental breakdown all because of a certain subject she dislikes. "Yeah, mom? " Her mother was all dressed up, she had a dinner to attend to.

 

"Hey, honey. Just wanted to say bye. I left some money on the kitchen counter for you to buy dinner for you and your friends" Her daughter nodded as a response and kissed her mother's cheeks. "Have fun tonight, you look beautiful mom"

 

"I love you, Jieun. See you later" Jieun smiled and watched her mother slowly leaving her sight when she realized what her mother had just said. Her eyes widened, "What friends?!" Jieun took no time to run down the stairs only to find not one or two, but 8 people at her living room making themselves at home.

 

"There you are! What took you so long?" Jaekyung pouted while approaching her for a hug. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked, too surprised to give a reaction. Leave it to Jaekyung and Infinite to come over her house whenever they want to. "We were bored" Sungyeol answered while shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal.

 

Jieun bit her lips, finally meeting eyes with Myungsoo who found the situation funny. She rolled her eyes, of course it was his idea. "And what did you tell my mom?" She finally took the empty seat next to Dongwoo who smiled at her warmly.

 

"We told her you wanted to have a study group" Sungjong grinned causing Jieun to laugh. "You guys are unbelievable"

 

 

Despite the groans and protests coming from everyone who came, Jieun made everyone revise maths with her at her long dining table. She wasted no time asking Myungsoo to teach her which he gladly did. Well, not before teasing her about how she can't live without him.

 

That is true though, she became a better person after meeting him and the rest despite their constant bickering but there was no way in hell would she let Myungsoo know that.

 

Who knew the so called manwhore who skips class most of the time will be willing to spend his time teaching her? Not to mention his obvious love for cats. Although Myungsoo kept repeating that he was only taking care of the cat because his parents went overseas for work, Jieun could tell he adored it. "It was either I take care of the cat or be homeless"

 

"I can't take this anymore, it's been two hours! Nothing is going into my brain" Sungyeol muttered, looking like he would rather die than study. "It's been twenty minutes, no wonder you keep failing" Hoya spoke, earning a glare from Sungyeol which didn't effect him at all. Sungyeol might as well be glaring at a wall.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter