Chapter Twenty-Three

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been two days since Myungsoo came over Jieun's house to watch a movie and she still remembered it clearly as if it happened a few minutes ago. She couldn't forget how fast her heart was beating when she woke up only to find her head on Myungsoo's shoulder. His peaceful face when he was asleep is what's haunting her. How is it possible to fall for someone so much? Months ago she would laugh at the idea of falling in love but the joke's on her now.

 

Jieun tightened her grip on her school bag and walked towards her class, praying to god Myungsoo wouldn't be there. She wasn't ready to face him again and it wasn't helping that her neck was throbbing as if it was a reminder that she indeed did sleep on his shoulder.

 

She slowly massaged her neck and sat down, releasing a quiet groan. "What happened to you?" Jaekyung asked, giving her a look. Jieun blushed at the memory but covered it by shrugging. There was no way she was going to tell Jaekyung the truth. She would never hear the end of it.

 

"Must have slept on the wrong side" Jieun answered while pretending to look for a book inside of her bag.

 

"Nonsense. I'm positive your pillow on Saturday was comfortable" Myungsoo teased, playfully knocking Jieun's head before sitting down.  Jieun rolled her eyes, "I'd rather sleep on a rock" She stuck her tongue out.

 

"But babe, you slept peacefully on that rock that night" Jaekyung who was quiet for a while suddenly spoke after figuring it all out, "Myungsoo slept over?!"

 

Before Jieun could even reply her friend, Myungsoo had his arm wrapped around her shoulder and replied "Yeah, we slept together"

 

"We did not!" Jieun was flustered. How could he say it so casually? "He came over for a movie, well, he actually invited himself over" She muttered, earning a chuckle from Myungsoo.

 

"We watched Love, Rosie. Nice plot by the way, no wonder you wanted me to watch it so badly" Jieun said sarcastically and Jaekyung smiled slyly in return. Jieun knew what her friend was trying to do. 

 

Yes she was aware of her feelings for Myungsoo and yes she knew Jaekyung could tell too but after the Suzy incident, she was afraid to give in again. She was afraid her heart would get broken into pieces before it even fully healed but what if he does like her back?

 

Is Jieun willing to risk her friendship because she was selfish for wanting to be more than friends?  "Trust me, Jieun. I'm old and experienced. I know when a man is in love" Those were the exact words her mom said to her, what if she was right?

 

"The plot . I don't get it why you girls are into those kind of movies" Myungsoo said nonchalantly, "It took me so much strength to not sleep right there" He added, looking amused. Jieun bit her lips to stop herself from laughing, Myungsoo was such a bad liar. She remembered him forcing himself not to smile when it came to the funny scenes.

 

Jaekyung faked a gasp, "Of course someone as boring as you would find it boring" And so the bickering between the two of them began. Jieun secretly smiled at her two friends, what would she do without them?

 

 

Jieun honestly thought she it was going to be awkward with Myungsoo given the fact that he was the first guy she slept with although it was literally just sleeping but it's never like that with him. It probably doesn't mean much to Myungsoo because she's just a friend in his eyes. Jieun didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Leave it to her to shove that fact in her face every single day.

 

"Attention, everyone. Your exams will be in a few days and I expect all of you to pass my subject. If you can't ace this test, you are more likely to fail for your finals" Jieun silently groaned. Any subject but maths! She could pass the other subjects with flying colours but maths was an exception.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter