Chapter Five

Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Mom, I'm home" Jieun found her mom staring blankly at the wall with an unreadable expression. She sighed and walked closer, making sure to make her footsteps loud so her mom would know she's there. 

 

"You're back?" She asked, wiping her tears. "Yeah, Jaekyung just dropped me off" Her mom nodded and continued to stare into deep space. Even an idiot would know her mom is going through depression and there's nothing she could do about it.

 

"If you want to talk, I'll be upstairs" Jieun replied sadly, dragging her bag along with her as she went upstairs. "Just a few more steps" Jieun mumbled, holding back her tears. She got into her room making sure it was lock before lying on top of her bed.

 

She closed her eyes and tears were slowly falling down her cheeks, landing on her pillow. Jieun had fun last night. Despite the fact that she could have gotten or even worse, killed, she had a good time with Myungsoo.

 

When Jaekyung found out what happened, she apologized countless of times saying it was her fault although Jieun kept telling her it isn't. They ended up watching movies all night long and Jaekyung felt less guilty now.

 

But after all the fun, now she has to face reality. Her mom was going through depression and her dad had not even bother to ask if they were alright. She loved her dad but she couldn't help but to hate him after what he did. 

 

He had a family. A loving wife and a daughter, are they not enough for his happiness? Jieun buried herself into her pillow and heaved a groan of despair. 

 

 

"Feeling better?" Jaekyung asked, worried. They were in class and the teacher could arrive any minute by now. "Definitely" Jieun lied but forced a smile. Her friend sighed, "Something's bothering you, right?" She shook her head and bit her inner cheeks.

 

"I'm just tired, that's all. I didn't get enough sleep last night" Jieun muttered while yawning. Jaekyung eyed her weirdly but decided to let it go for now. "I'm having a party for my 18th birthday this saturday, please come!" Jaekyung pleaded with her adorable puppy eyes.

 

"And what do I get?" Jieun smiled innocently. "More friends?" Jaekyung joked and Jieun scoffed in response and studied her face. "Jae, why are you wearing make up?" The first day they met, Jaekyung wasn't wearing any.

 

Her lips curved upwards into a grin. "You'll know why soon" And right on cue, Woohyun and Myungsoo walked in. Wait, Myungsoo's in her class? Most of the girls' jaw dropped when he walked in looking as perfect as ever.

 

"They're in our class?" Jieun asked, her eyes slightly widening. "Yup, normally they don't go to class but Myungsoo begged Woohyun to go with him so now you know why I have make up on" She squealed and stood up.

 

"Wait, where are you going?" She laughed and pointed to Woohyun. "Sorry Jieun, you'll be fine with Myungsoo right?" Jieun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter