Hurtful

First Love

I turned to look at him and his head was down and was looking at his feet shuffling on the pathway. I felt sorry for him because he was trying to start a conversation with me but I kept replying at the questions and stopped talking.

 

‘What’s your favourite food, Luhan?’ I asked him to lighten up his mood.

 

‘My parents’ cooking is best! But I also like spicy rice cakes!’ he replied happily.

 

‘Do you wanna go eat some spicy rice cakes after school?’ I asked.

 

Why did I ask Luhan to eat with me? Oh how stupid I am. It just came out naturally. What if he rejects? It would be so embarrassing. If he accepts, I would have to face both L’s and Luhan’s fangirls. The rumours that will spread. Oh no.

 

I saw someone’s hand in front of my face.

 

‘Hellooo. Suzy. Are you awake? I said yes, let’s go eat spicy rice cakes afterwards.’

 

 I simply nodded.

 

What have I gotten myself into these days?

__________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up by the sound of Sunhwa tapping her pen next to me in maths. Seriously,  what have I gotten myself into. All I wanted was a peaceful life.  

 

"Suzy, can you please solve this equation up on the board?" the teacher asked.

 

 I trudged to the board and started solving the equations. I heard people gossiping about me but I didn't care until I heard this.  

 

"Suzy is such a loser, I would never ever be her friend. She's trying so hard to get L. So pathetic. How is that fair?" a girl's voice stated.  

 

The voice was familiar. It was no one else by Seori. The line she said pierced right into my heart. How could she say that? She was my best friend. Well, was. Sometimes I wonder where the old Seori went. I solved the equation on the board and rushed to my desk. There I was greeted by many nasty notes on my table.  

 

"Sorry, Suzy. I couldn't take them all off," she said regretfully.

 

I looked down at her hands and saw a bunch of scrunched up paper.   I smiled at her. It was a fake smile. I was hurt really deeply inside but I didn't want Sunhwa to know how I felt so I smiled. The bell rang and I rushed out to the gates hoping that Luhan wouldn't remember the deal we made.

 

"SUZY WAIT FOR ME!" shouted a cheerful voice.  

 

It was no other than Luhan. Great he didn't forget.

 

 "Lets go eat spicy rice cakes now!" he cheeryly stated.  

 

I glared at him. Why did he have to remember? As we walk out of the gates to the cloest spicy rice cakes store, I heard a group on girls gossiping.

 

 "Oh my, what a player. She wants both Luhan and L," a voice sneered.

 

 I decided to block out the voices as we walked. Luhan grabbed onto me suddenly.  

 

"Where are you going? The store is right there," he stated while pointing at the store.

 

  I nodded and followed. We ate from the store and filled up our tummies. It was so nice I couldn't resist it. We were about to pay for our meal.

 

"Since you a couple, I'll give you a discount!" the ajummah store lady said.

 

  "But we..." I tried to reply but Luhan's hand covered my mouth.  

 

"Thank you very much!" Luhan interrupted while giving a 90 degree bow. We paid out meal and set off the the park near my apartment.  

 

"Why did you accept when the lady said we were a couple?" I asked sounding annoyed.  

 

"We got a discount! It's better than paying the full price since we did eat quite a lot," he replied with a wide grin on his face.  

 

He dragged me to the swing and forced me to sit on it. He pushed me. While I was swinging, I thought of the past. I wanted to see that boy again. The warmth of his hand push my back made me feel safe. It felt like it was the same boy from the past pushing me. I teared up a bit.  

 

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked reassuringly.

 

"Ah it's nothing," I replied.

 

I got off the swing and started playing on the playground.  It was fun playing around with Luhan. He made me laugh. Sunhwa was the only person who could make me laugh but Luhan had this charm to make others laugh.  

 

"I'll go get some ice blocks from that corner shop ok!" he giggled as he ran to the corner shop.

 

  He left me alone. I felt scared. I heard a group of people's footsteps coming toward the playground. I closed my eyes.  

 

"Well well well, what have we here?" a female voice chuckled.  

 

I slowly lifted my eyelids and say Seori and her gang standing right in front of me. I was trembling. They started touching my hair and threw insults at me.

 

"Oh my Suzy. What a player you are. I never knew you were that type of person to flirt with two of the hottest guys in our school," Seori sneered.

 

"Get it right. I'm only being friendly with them." I replied.  

 

Seori threw her head back and chuckled. She grabbed tightly onto my hair and pulled it. It hurt, but I felt like I deserved it. After the hair pulling, there were kicks and punches. I was then thrown to the ground and the abusing continued. I felt a tear fall from my eyes.  

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" a voice beamed at the same time.  

 

The punching and kicking stopped. I looked up and saw that Seori and her gang were mouth opened trying to explain.  

 

"Are you okay?" a voice assuringly asked.   I nodded.  

 

I looked up and saw L. He was staring at me worryinglyly.

 

"O o oppa, I can explain. She accidently fell down and and..." Seori said with a shaking voice.

 

L glared at her and carried me up bride style. I felt cheeks warm up, but luckily my face does not turn red when I get embarassed.  

 

"Suzy! I'm back!!" I heard a voice call out.  

 

I heard someone's footsteps running towards me and L. It was no other than Luhan.

 

"Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt?" Luhan asked quickly shooting questions to me.

 

"I'm fine. Don't worry!" I replied with a smile.

 

 L glared at Luhan.

 

"Why did you leave her? You should have stuck with her. Don't you know about your crazy fangirls?" L coldly stated to Luhan.

 

Luhan nodded.  

 

"Oppa! Can't you see. She playing with both of you and it isn't fair!" Seori whinned from behind.  

 

"SHUT UP SEORI, I'M SICK OF ALL YOUR WHINNING. IT'S NOT HER FAULT THAT I LIKE HER OKAY!" L beamed angryily.

 

 Luhan, Seori, her gang and I were left mouth opened.  

 

"But you can't like her. She likes someone else," Seori whinned quietly.

 

L ignored it and piggybacked me to his house. Luhan followed behind.  

 

"You can go now, Luhan. I'll take care of her," L told Luhan.   Luhan nodded and walked off. A part of me felt gutted when I saw Luhan walk away head faced to the ground. I wanted to run and grab his wrist. I wanted to tell him to not go. Why did I become so attached this guy?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

cheryy_lol : sorry for the really really late chapter. L0lh3ndrix and I had a lot of assignments and tests to do so yea. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER

l0Lh3ndrix: this chapter was written mostly by cheryy_lol. sorry for the late update. we'll try update as soon as we can! pls subscribe and leave a comment! have fun reading :)