Mixed Feelings

First Love

 

 

While L was getting dragged off to class, Luhan looked at me sadly and asked me.

‘Do you like him?’

‘Who?’

‘L?’

I’m unable to answer as I felt a lump in my throat.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

'Seulji.. ignore that. I was being an idiot by asking the obvious. Sorry. Seulji?'

 

It has been only one day, I've met L so how could I like him already? But I did find him pretty interesting because of his attitude. It wasn't because of L that I was crying.

 

I looked at him. His kind eyes. I couldn't get angry at all.

 

'Why are you so nice to me?' I asked him.

 

 

To avoid further contact with him as he saw the soft side of me, I walk off to visual arts.

 

'WAIT UP! SEULJII! Don't walk away,’

 

I started to run to class. I heard the ruffled footsteps behind me. Aigoo.. He’s really fast.

 

Then he reached out for my hand tightly. That was the first time in 12 years, a boy held my hand. Why is he acting like this to me when I just met him 2 periods ago?

 

‘How can I make it up to you? Anything?’

 

He stared me. Even his stare is nice. Not like L’s piercing stare. I can’t find an answer.

 

‘Just stay away from me. Don’t comfort me. Don’t talk to me. Ignore me,’

 

‘If that’s what you want, fine then. I was just trying to comfort you,’

 

We walked to class with no eye contact. It was quiet. By the time we ended up in class, I looked at my watch. 5 minutes late. This is all your fault, Luhan.

 

‘Your name is?’ Miss Kim asked.

 

‘Um. It’s Seulji. This is Luhan. He’s an exchange student from Canada. We just happened to walked into each other while walking to class. Sorry for being late, Miss Kim,’

 

I bowed and pushed Luhan’s back down so he could bow.

 

‘Ah.. Sorry Miss Kim for being disrespectful. It’s just that I haven’t been in Korea for 12 years. I’m not use to the honorifics and that. Sorry!’

 

‘Okay. As I was saying to the class, you will be working on a sketch of someone in the class. You will have to draw out names from this box.’

 

I drawed out a name and on the sheet of paper. L!? I cringed silently. Luhan drawed out a name and .. it’s Seori. Great.

 

Wait a second, 12 years ..? Who is he? Could it be?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

12 years ago

When he left, I lay in bed thinking about him. Trying to imagine him in my head. Why did he leave like that? I wish that dad didn’t come so early. When will I be able to see him again?

 

From that day on, I asked my father to take me to park in the evening. He never appeared again.

 

‘Are you sure you will be alright on your own, my Seulji?’ my father asks.

 

‘Yes dad. There’s someone that I’m waiting for here.’ I keenly answer.

 

After 2 months of waiting for him to appear at park, I was in despair. I really wanted to see him.

 

A month later, my father asks me if I wanted to go the park as it was his day of. As he dropped me of there, he went to get a drink for me at the nearby convenience store, he appeared.

 

‘You. Crying girl from last time?’ he cheekily asks.

 

‘Why do you only come now?’

 

‘So you could miss me?’ He laughs.

 

‘I waited so long for you. Where were you?’

 

‘There were a lot of problems at home, I guess. I didn’t leave the house for the past 2 months. My parents are divorcing. I’ve been staying with my mum for the past two months and today is my last day at Korea. I just wanted to see you before I leave.’

 

I felt very empty inside. Like part of me just died.

 

‘How are we going to keep in contact?’ I was curious.

 

‘One day, we will meet.’

 

There were many things, I wanted to ask him. What was his name, what he school he went to, his favourite colour, movies, actor and TV show. I was on the verge of tears. I lost him. The fear of losing him was replaced with anger at the same time.

 

‘Don’t leave. I need you,’ without realising, those words came out of my mouth.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Present

‘SUZY AH! WHY WERE YOU LATE TO CLASS?’ Sunhwa hugged me.

 

‘I guess I got caught into some situation.’ I whispered.

 

‘With him? Luhan? I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING GOING ON! I saw him hold onto your arm.’ She cheerfully nudged and smiled.

 

She always makes me happy without trying.

 

Then Luhan plummetted onto a seat next to me. My heart beats quickly. What on earth... He’s full of surprises. Sunhwa winked at me.

 

‘SUNHWA. It’s not what you’re thinking,’ I tried to explain.

 

‘HI! I’m Sunhwa. Seulji’s best friend. Nice to meet you,’ She put her hands on Luhan’s shoulder.

 

‘HI. Sehun suddenly disappeared so can I sit here? Can he sit here too?’ he smiled.

 

That smile annoyed me so much but it makes me feel relaxed in a way. No, I’m overthinking.

 

Sehun walked into the classroom looking rather blank.

 

‘SEHUN!!!!! COME SIT HERE,’ Luhan yelled.

 

Loud as usual. Sunhwa smiled and blushed.Oh the similarities between Sunhwa and Luhan scares me.

 

‘Ya. You look like a tomato. Is it because of …?’

 

‘OKAY. I’m kind of interested in him…’

 

‘Of course. I was the first to notice,’

 

‘Am I that obvious?’

 

We tred talking in a quiet and low voice but before we realised Sehun was behind us.

 

‘Uh.. can you like move.. your um seat so I can get through?’

 

He tried to peak over at Sunhwa’s book to see her name.

 

‘Sunhwa? Right. Can you move your seat?’

 

Sunhwa is infatuated by him. She couldn’t even take her eyes of him. I slapped Sunhwa on her hand.

 

‘YAAA,’ I nudged her.

 

‘Oh.. sorry. You wanted me to move my chair? Sorry,’ She answers embarrassed.

 

‘Stupid girls. I hate them,’ he whispered into her ear.

 

Everyone in the class had their eyes on us. Why? I didn’t want any attention. I turned around and Luhan grin. If he grins one more time, I  will explode.

 

Sunhwa pulled his ear.

 

 

‘OWWW. WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?’ Sehun screamed.

 

‘STUPID GIRLS? HA? IS IT MY FAULT YOU’RE SO GOOD LOOKING I CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU? COULDN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION YOU PUNK?’ Sunhwa angrily screamed.

 

The whole class laughed. I heard mutters. ‘She likes him,’

 

‘Good looking? Wait. Interested? How? Who are you?’ Sehun looks confused.

 

Miss Kim who has been texting in class finally raised her voice.

 

‘ENOUGH. SEHUN AND SUNHWA. MEET ME AT LUNCH. This time you love birds will be cleaning the windows,’

 

‘Sunhwa.. that’s the end to your.. let’s see. 1 millionth crush?’ I jokingly said to her.

 

‘He’s so dense. I can’t stand dense guys. I can’t believe it,’ She moaned.

 

I patted her shoulder and smile. Thanks to her, the incident with Seori doesn’t matter to me anymore. Having Sunhwa as a friend is equivalent to having 100 friends.

 

 Meanwhile I heard Sehun saying to Luhan.

 

‘That kind of girl is the worst. Loud mouths like her,’ I heard from Sehun.

 

‘Out of all the girls who have shown interest in a doofus like you, she was the funniest,’ Luhan chuckled.

 

It was true. Sunhwa professes her love in a rather strange and straightforward way.

 

Sehun stood up and had to pass the ‘path of hell’ which Sunhwa was guiding. He tapped her and with a forcing and twisted smile.

 

‘Move princess,’

 

Sunhwa moved her seat and stuck her foot. That girl. Wow.

 

He fell with a face plant. Sunhwa got out of her seat and offered him a hand.

 

‘ it up, princess,’ She smiled while the class were quietly chuckling and gossiping.

 

Sehun glared at her. They looked at each other and Sehun made his way to the rubbish bin to sharpen his pencil.

 

I pulled my glasses up onto the bridge of my nose and lifted up my pencil. I had to look at L often to see how he looks like so I could draw him. Then I saw L looking at me. We made eye contact for 2 seconds. My cheeks started to burn up. Then I realise that he was sitting next to Seori and I felt a bit of jealousy inside of me.

 

Do I like him?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

cheryy_lol: I have quite busy and lazy these days and I haven't been writing much so l0Lh3ndrix is doing all the work. Sorry~ I'll try to write more and I'll stop being lazy and I'll spare some time to write new chapters! I hope you are enjoying this fanfic. Please give us feedback on what you like about the story and what you don't like. Don't be too harsh on us since this is our first fanfic ^^. Please upvote and subscribe if you like this story! We will be updating really really soon!

l0Lh3drix: hey! :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please subscribe and comment. We'll try to impress you guys on the upcoming chapters and please read our fan fic hehe. Thank you.

So who do you ship? Seulji and L or Seulji and Luhan?