Confused

First Love

 

We head of to history and Sunhwa and Sehun comes in late.

 

‘Why were you late?’ Miss Na asked.

 

‘The principal wanted to talk to us.’ Sehun answered. His face was straight.

 

Miss Na shook her head and told them to go their seats.

 

‘You wouldn’t believe what happened?’ Sunhwa exclaimsed.

 

‘The principal let you off?’

 

‘Sehun full went off at me. It was scary. It was the first time, he’s got sent to a principal’s office.'

__________________________________________________________________ 

I was waiting for time to tick away so it would be home time. Why did I agree to walk with L after school? Did I even consider the consequences? All those fan girls are going to ruin my life. Great. More trouble. Was it worth it though? It has onnly been my first day of school and what a mess I was getting myself into.

 

History ended at last. Throughout the two periods, I've been listening to Sunhwa talking what happened at the principal's office. Honestly, what she told me went in and out of my ear. I was lost in my thoughts. Again.

 

As I walked out of Hell's gate, L was standing and leaning agains the wall. He looked up and glanced at me. L was walking up to me and I waved awkwardly. So this is how I acted in front of guys I liked? I couldn't even find the right words to say.

 

'Sorry.. if you had to wait for so long.' I said looking down.

 

'Yeah, feel the guilt. Let's go.' He smiled. My heart was thumping. That was the first time I have seen him smile. Funnily, I replayed that moment in my head so many times while I was walking with him. As we walked past the houses, I couldn't even look him in the eye.

 

We walked past that park. Then I caught L staring at the swings sadly. Even if someone was to tap his shoulder, he wouldn't have noticed. That's how focused he was. Wait.. Why is he looking at the swings like that? Are you possibly..  the boy from twelve years ago?

 

__________________________________________________________________ 

 

12 years ago

 

'Promise me, you will definitely come back. If you break this promise, I will hate you forever.'  I had the sudden urge to cry. I can't. I only want happy memories before he leaves.

 

'I promise.' he answered.

 

To break the farewell mood, I walked up to the swings and sat on it.

 

Suddenly I felt a push on my back.

 

'OH MY GOD! STOP. I'm going to fall off soon.' I screamed.

 

He laughs at me and pushes my back with full force.

 

'NOOO. STOP!' I repeated that so many times and at last he stopped.

 

'Last time when you were about to tell me your name, you said L? Is that your name?'

 

He nodded.

__________________________________________________________________ 

 

Present

 

It couldn't be him. He would recognise me straight away. It's not him. I said to myself.

 

'L, you looked so dazed.'

 

'No, I'm not.'

 

'Then why are you looking with such sad puppy eyes?'

 

'It's just that.. this park brings me back happy and sad memories.'

 

'What kind of memories?'

 

'I'll tell you one day when I learn to trust you.'

 

'Whatever, you're such a wimp. Let's go.'

 

The silence finally broke. We were talking a lot more. He made jokes and smiled a lot. Every time he laughed, it could cure some uncured sickness.­­­

 

Was he the boy from 12 years ago? Everything seemed to go in place but I still felt that something was missing.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

I woke up the next morning and glanced at the time. It is 6:00am. I stretched out of my bed and get ready for school. As I brushed my hair I remember how L looked at the park sadly.  I dazed off until I heard my dad calling me. I grabbed the toast that was on the plate at the kitchen and walked out to the park.

 

The air was sweet and fresh. I walked to the swings and sat on it. I felt a push on my back.

 

‘YAAAA, STOP!’ I yelled.

 

The person pushing me stopped. I turned around to see Luhan smiling at me.

 

‘Hi Suzy!’ he greeted happily.

 

‘Hi,’ I replied coldly. For some reason I hoped that it was someone else.

 

‘I live around here as well!’ he said as he pointed to an area nearby.

 

I nodded and walk away but I felt a grab around my wrist.

 

‘Walk with me to school?’ Luhan asked.

 

‘Ok, just for today,’ I replied.

 

As we walked away from the park, Luhan seemed to be searching for something or someone.

 

‘Who or what are you looking for?’ I asked.

 

‘Oh just someone,’ he replied while poking his head around, ‘I guess she no longer lives here.’

 

I looked at him and wondered.

 

‘She?’

 

‘Yea, a girl who is around our age.’

 

We continued walking to school and he threw a bunch of random questions at me.

 

‘What is your favourite colour? Mine is white! I don’t like purple or orange that much but I’m fine with the other colours,’ Luhan said.

 

‘I don’t have a favourite colour,’ I replied blandly.

 

‘Oh ok’

 

I turned to look at him and his head was down and was looking at his feet shuffling on the pathway. I felt sorry for him because he was trying to start a conversation with me but I kept replying at the questions and stopped talking.

 

‘What’s your favourite food, Luhan?’ I asked him to lighten up his mood.

 

‘My parents’ cooking is best! But I also like spicy rice cakes!’ he replied happily.

 

‘Do you wanna go eat some spicy rice cakes after school?’ I asked.

 

Why did I ask Luhan to eat with me? Oh how stupid I am. It just came out naturally. What if he rejects? It would be so embarrassing. If he accepts, I would have to face both L’s and Luhan’s fangirls. The rumours that will spread. Oh no.

 

I saw someone’s hand in front of my face.

 

‘Hellooo. Suzy. Are you awake? I said yes, let’s go eat spicy rice cakes afterwards.’

 

 I simply nodded.

 

What have I gotten myself into these days?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

cheryy_lol: Sorry everyone for the late update. l0Lh3ndrix and I are so busy these days. We will try our bests to post updates at fast as we can. I hope you like this update! Please give us feedback and upvote and subscribe to our story!