Embarassment

First Love

I was back in my room studying while my dad and Luhan wanted to talk privately. Pfft “privately”? I could hear them laugh and talk from my room. I went out towards the living room. My eyes widen as I saw what they were doing.

“DAD! Why are you showing him that!” I screamed as I rushed to get the cassette tape they were playing. 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

“Seulji-ah. When you grow up, what do you want to do or be?” dad asked.

Too late.

When I grow up, I want to meet L my prince charming and marry him. I want to take care of him and I want to be his wife.” Little me replied.

I banged my head on the wall nearest to me. How embarrassing. I thought we threw out that recording ages ago.

“So you want to get married now?” Luhan cheekily asked while giving me his signature smile.

“You’re L?” my dad curiously asked.

“Yup! So Suzy wanna get married soon?” Luhan replied and asked once again.

“Shut up!” I bellowed as I ran to my room embarrassed.

“I GIVE PERMISSION TO LUHAN TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER SEULJI!” My dad claimed loudly intentionally allowing me to hear every word he said.

 

__________________________________________________________________

5 years ago

Blue. Pink. White. Orange. I stared at my nail polishes and examining which one would suit my mood. I wasn't completely smitten with this mystery boy. I barely knew anything about him but that didn't stop me imagining how he would look like in the future when we were ever to be reunited. I mess my hair up in frustation while thinking of him. 

"Alright, pick your nail polish colour and just paint it." I lectured myself.

After painting my nails, dad was so immersed into his Korean Drama. He clapped joyfully to himself when the main lead finally proposed to his lover. 

"Seriously, dad?" I eyed him.

"Meet a good man one day, Suzy." He smiled.

It was irrelevant at that time for him to say that but inside I already had dreamt of getting married to that mystery boy... 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

“I can’t believe my dad showed you that,” I was the first thing I stated when Luhan arrived at the park so we could walk to school together.

“What? It was cute!” Luhan replied.

‘Pfft! Cute? It was EMBARASSING!” I scoffed as I punched him on the shoulder.

“What was cute? What was embarrassing?” a voice asked.

“L!” I jumped in shock.

“Yo yo L! What are you doing here?” Luhan asked “cooly”.

“Walking to school with my girlfriend, I live nearby remember?” L replied. That shut Luhan up. “Anyways, what was cute or embarrassing?” L asked once again while wrapping his arm around me.

“Last night, Seulji’s dad sho…”

‘It’s nothing!” I interrupted while waving my hands frantically.

“I’m pretty sure it was not just nothing. You confe…”

I placed my hand over Luhan’s mouth. I smiled at L and face Luhan. I mouthed Shut up. Luhan nodded and I let my hand fall back to my side.

“Anyways, it’s a nice day today right?” I said while skipping along the pathway.

“It looks like it’s going to rain,” L claimed while tilting his head to give me a confused expression.

Strike one.

“Uhh I mean like..it’s a good day to learn maths.” Out of all things, Suzy you said that?

“We don’t have maths today?” Luhan stated. I glared at him and he shrugged.

Strike two.

I awkwardly chuckled to myself, “I mean it’s a good day to study maths for the mid-terms coming up”

“Let’s talk Seulji,” L said as he pulled me away from Luhan.

Strike three. Out!

My heart fell.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Authors' Notes:

cheryy_lol: Here's the second update for the day. I know it's short but I'll try and post more! I kind of lost my inspiration for writing so my stories became quite crappy :/. Anyways comment and give us feedback ^^.