Prologue: First

First Love

 

First

12 years ago

It was a winter's night.

I sat on the swing at the park next to my apartment. I looked down at my feet as I kicked them back and forth. I was waiting for my dad to come from work. I was young (5), I didn’t know anything. I felt someone lay their hand on my shoulder. I turned around hoping that it was my father.

It wasn’t.

It was my mother.

I looked at the ground depressed. My mum held my hand and pulled me softly away from the park.

“When is father coming back?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” mother replied.

As we were walking back to the apartment, my mum’s hand was pulled away from mine. She screamed. I cried loudly. I looked towards my mum and saw her being dragged away from me by this man I didn’t know. I grabbed onto her hands clinging it like it was my own life. At the same time I kicked the man in the shin but it didn't seem to bother him. He gave me a smirk as forcefully shoved me away from my mum and ran away forcefully dragging her along. My mum tried to fight back.  

I saw him hit her. She didn't move. The man threw my mum onto her shoulders carrying her like some type of object like a sack of potatos.

I didn’t know what to do. He was too fast for me. No one was around. Mum was dragged far from my sight. I couldn’t see her anymore. That was the last time I ever saw my mum. It was a winter's night and everything around me seemed dead.

I fell to my knees, hugged my legs and cried. I was hopeless and useless. It was all my fault.

I heard light footsteps come towards me. I looked up.

It was a young boy, probably the same age as me. He held his hand in front of me. I slowly slid my hand into his and he lifted me up. He hugged me tightly as I cried on his shoulder.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Present 

I woke up with a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my dad.

“Morning Seulji, you don’t want to be late for the first day at Seoul Academy, do you?” my dad told me. He then walks downstairs.

I stretched out my arms and legs and slid out of bed half awake. I looked at the clock 7:30am. I darted up and ran to my closet to grab my uniform. I slid it on and admire it. I ran downstairs grab one of the toast my dad was about to eat and rushed to the bus stop. There I saw the bus arriving at the bus stop. I ran as fast as I could and jumped on the bus. I panted loudly as I paid for the fare. I walked down the corridor of the bus and sat on an empty chair at the back of the bus.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The bus arrived at the Seoul Academy. I was very surprised at how large the school was. As I walked past the gates of the school, I saw students getting out in fancy cars. I didn’t mind them. I walked quietly to the school’s office and handed in my admission letter. They gave me my schedule and a map of the school. Luckily I haven’t been in any trouble yet.

My first class is maths. Great. Even though I do really well in maths, I admit that I really hate it. The school was large and I didn’t know where I was going. The map is useless as it just shows a bunch of squares with letters in them. I knew I had to ask someone or else I would be late. I tapped on a random guy’s shoulder.

“Excuse me, do you by any chance know where classroom A21 is?” I asked. He turned around and looked at me.

“You go straight forward then turn left and it should be on the right hand side,” he replied.

“Thanks so much,” I thanked and bow at him. I ran to my classroom as I knew I would be late if I wasted more time admiring the school.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I arrived at my maths classroom and peek through the window. None of the girls is in their seats. They were all crowded for some reason. As I walked into the classroom, I was greeted by a loud girl who gave me a tight hug. 

“SUZY!!!” Jung Sunhwa yelled as she gave me a tight teddy bear hug.

“Ah hi Sunhwa,” I replied with a small smile.

“Sit next to me in class, there is a spare seat next to me!” Sunhwa ordered.

I nodded as she dragged me to my seat. I noticed that all the girls were crowded around the person on the table next to me.

Who was that person?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

cheryy_lol: This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry that this chapter was short. It wasn't a really good chapter but it will be better! I'll try to make other chapters longer. I still don't know who she (Suzy) should end up with kekeke~