A New Him

First Love

Sehun stood up and had to pass the ‘path of hell’ which Sunhwa was guiding. He tapped her and with a forcing and twisted smile.

 

‘Move princess,’

 

Sunhwa moved her seat and stuckher foot. That girl. Wow.

 

He fell with a face plant. Sunhwa got out of her seat and offered him a hand.

 

‘ it up, princess,’ She smiled while the class were quietly chuckling and gossiping.

 

Sehun glared at her. They looked at each other and Sehun made his way to the rubbish bin to sharpen his pencil.

 

I pulled my glasses up onto the bridge of my nose and lifted up my pencil. I had to look at L often to see how he looks like so I could draw him. Then I saw L looking at me. We made eye contact for 2 seconds. My cheeks started to burn up. Then I realise that he was sitting next to Seori and I felt a bit of jealousy inside of me.

 

Do I like him?

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

I stared at the sketching of L on my book. It resembled him but didn’t look exactly like him. I rubbed the sketching from my book and started again. I then peeked at L looking into all the details and angles of his face. He looked good at any angle. I wanted to burn that piece of paper with his name on it. I started my drawing of L again when I felt Sunhwa tap my shoulder.

 

‘Was I too mean to Sehun?’ Sunhwa whispered.

 

‘Of course you were.’ I smiled. Sehun walked back to his seat and Sunhwa willingly pulled her desk away to make room for him to walk through.

 

I continued my sketch but I felt like someone's watching me. Whatever. I continued my sketch of him, L.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

12 years ago

If he was going to be here for a short time, why did he come in my life for? I hated him but a part of me wanted to see him again.

 

That stupid boy.

 

My first love.

 

‘Wait for me.’ He finally said.

 

‘No. You wait for me.’ I answered.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Present

As I walked towards my locker, I felt someone tickle me. I turned around and saw Sunhwa smiling brightly.

 

‘Suzy-a, lets walk home together!’ Sunhwa requested as I grabbed my books.

 

‘Ok,’ I replied.

 

Sunhwa linked arms with me and dragged me to the school gate. We walked peacefully down the walkway to my apartment. I stopped at the park nearby and stared at the swings.

 

‘Suzy, don’t look at that, it will make you feel sad,’ Sunhwa pouted. I simply nodded and walked towards my apartment.

 

‘Can I stay over today? I need help with my maths,’ Sunhwa asked.

 

‘Yeah sure, but did you ask your parents yet?’ I replied.

 

She slid her phone out of her pocket and called her parents.

 

‘MUM, I’M GONNA SLEEPOVER AT SEULJI’S HOUSE OK! BYE,’ Sunhwa shouted to her phone as she hung up.

 

‘Ya, when did I say you can sleepover? I agreed to stay over,’ I said.

 

‘Sleepover, stay over same thing. Now can we get to your apartment now?’ She replied.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

I woke up with Sunhwa shouting in my face.

 

‘GET UP GET UP, WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL!’ Sunhwa beamed. I turned around and pull the blanket up onto my head but Sunhwa pulled it down. I sat up half awake with only one eye open. My eyes widen when I saw the time, 7:45am. I stood up in shock and looked at Sunhwa. She was already in her uniform and all ready for school and I was still in pyjamas. I rushed to my closet and quickly put on my uniform. I went through the normal morning routine and rushed to the bus stop with Sunhwa.

 

The bus wasn’t here.

 

‘I’m sorry Sunhwa, we missed the bus because of me,’ I apologised.

 

‘Ahh don’t worry, let’s check the time, 7am. Not bad.’ Sunhwa said while looking at her phone.

 

‘7AM? How is that possible, I woke up at 7:45,’ I replied in shock.

 

‘I kinda changed the time on your clock because I know you’re lazy and you won’t bother waking up until last minute,’ she explained.

 

‘Oh my god! You gave me a fright. That's pretty smart for someone who can't differentiate between sin and cos when she's 17.' I joked.

 

'Oh shush.'

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Maths again for two days in a row. The teacher started writing down problems onto the board. I copied them down into my books. While writing the problems, I felt a tap on my shoulder. L. I ignored him and continued to do my work.

 

‘We need to talk. Let’s talk at lunch.’ He said quietly.

 

I started to feel sick. ‘Talk’ or humiliate me in front of everyone in the grade.

 

The bell rang. At last, freedom. Sunhwa waited for me in outside the class while I packed everything in my bag. L sat there eyeing me. As soon as I finish, I dashed out of class. I heard L screaming wait up. Argh crap, I forgot about Sunhwa. I quickly dashed towards the cafeteria to get my lunch. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out.

 

“I’m at the seat closest to the window on the left-Sunhwa.”

 

She probably understood the situation I was in. Thank god. I walked towards that place and see a large group of 12 sitting near to Sunhwa’s table. I sit opposite to Sunhwa.

 

‘We are sitting next to EXO, OMG,OMG,OMG!’ Sunhwa squealed.

 

‘What? EXO? Who are they?’ I asked.

 

‘The 12 guys over there,’ she pointed ‘It used to be only 10 but Sehun and Luhan joined them.’

 

I turned and saw Luhan laughing among them and Sehun eating alone peacefully. I turned back to face Sunhwa. While she was eating, she stole glances at Sehun. She definitely likes him.

 

‘After creating a big scene in visual arts with a transfer student, she yells at him, pulls his ear and trips him over. She declares war with him and now she’s staring at him admiringly. That is my best –‘ I looked at Sunhwa and I realised why she was quiet and she was giving me the ‘look’.

 

It’s him.

 

The devil name L with his gang. I receive a text on my phone.

 

 

‘It’s the delinquents. They call themselves ‘Infinite’. They’re a fearsome bunch… Seulji, what do we do?’

 

I felt a tug on my arm. Why did I get into so much trouble? I was forced to get up and was getting dragged of by him.

 

‘Get your hand of me, NOW.’ I yelled. I stepped on his foot really tightly. Suddenly L lets go. He fell to the ground.

 

I saw Luhan beside me. The knight in shining armour had to get involved.

 

Yay. More trouble.

 

Tomorrow, I will be the girls’ first target for ‘hurting’ L. Everyone in the grade started making an ‘ooo’ noise. Will they shut up?

 

L was clenching his teeth in anger.

 

‘I just wanted to talk to you..’ He said sadly and walked out of the cafeteria alone while leaving Infinite standing awkwardly next to my table. I felt the guilt building up inside of me.

 

‘Why did you punch him?’ I said angrily.

 

‘Did I look cool?’ he said with a smile. That stupid smile again.. I can’t get angry.

 

‘Don’t get involved next time.’ I advised him. I walked back to my seat and hear murmurs. Infinite started dashing out of the cafeteria going to check up on L. Rumors will start to grow. How nice on my second day of school too.

 

‘How did Luhan appear?’ I asked Sunhwa.

 

‘I kind of told Sehun…. You were in a situation…. And Luhan was eavesdropping… I’M SORRY! By the way L looked serious. I didn’t think he wanted to ruin your life at all.’

 

‘Oh geez.. well honestly after Luhan punched him. I didn’t think he even had to punch him at all but.. it happened anyways. He said to me that he only wanted to talk to me.’

 

‘What happened between to the two of you?’ Sunhwa’s eyes go wider and looks surprised.

 

‘After the Seori incident, I bumped into her on my way to visual arts and things got heated up there…. Then I kind of like you know..’

 

‘YOU CRIED? That ungrateful little THING!’

 

‘L tripped me when I was walking out of the cafeteria and I was humilated in front of his whatever it is, Infinite gang.’

 

‘They’re a hot bunch but my thoughts on them have changed now. We’re walking to classes together now. You’re not walking alone anymore!’ Sunhwa said with her worried face.

 

‘UMMA‘ I teased.

 

Sunhwa and I walked to Science class together. On our way, we saw Seori and her friends. Short skirts, perfect make up and hair. She looks like a different person.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

4 years ago

It was my birthday. I invited only 2 friends over. Seori and Sunhwa. There was someone else I wanted to see. I even made that as a birthday wish every year.

 

The past 8 years, I’ve celebrated my birthday, I never got to celebrate it once with him. I never had someone to tell all my secrets too.

 

Seori started to change day by day. She grew distant and stopped coming to hang out. Seori didn’t laugh when she was around with us anymore. Instead she looked bored and became cold. It could’ve been puberty but she wanted something else.

 

‘She just matured faster than us. Don’t worry Seulji! She will snap out of it one day.’ Sunhwa tried to reassures me with that.

 

‘We should talk to her.. let’s go talk to her Sunhwa.’

 

‘Honestly Seulji. I don’t think I’m able to talk to her anymore.’ she looked down.

 

‘She’s still our friend right? Of course, she will.’

 

Then I get a punch back to reality. With her new friends, will she even talk to us anymore?

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Present

I got to Science class and the person I don’t want to see, was here.

 

Again.

 

Right in front of my eyes. It’s him. Energetic as usual and ready to learn. I avoided him and found a seat at the back of the classroom and sat there with Sunhwa.

 

‘After punching someone in the face, he doesn’t even look worried. He has a lot of guts.’ Sunhwa said.

 

Seori and her friends walked into the classroom. The boys are completely smitten by them. They head to the back seat where me and Sunhwa were sitting.

 

‘Move, you low lives. The back seats are OUR seats.’ She glared.

 

‘Oh my god. Look. Their hair. What’s with that nerd’s glasses? What does she think she is? She looks like a grandma. I can’t believe girls like her even have the guts to go to school.’ one her friends said. They giggled among us.

 

The whole class turned to look at us.

 

‘Move, you ugly es. Do you need me to write it on a piece of paper for you? It’s our seats. Get lost.’ That was the first time I’ve heard Seori swear.

 

Then L walked into the classroom. The whole class turned to look at him. His cheek was bruised. Seori suddenly shifted her attention to him.

 

‘OPPA. Your cheek!’ Seori squealed. From a mean girl to an obsessed ‘fan.’

 

Moodswings.

 

‘You don’t need to state the obvious.’ He walked away from her. Seori followed behind. L tried to find a seat but all the seats were taken in the first three rows. So he grabbed a seat next to me.

 

‘You’re sitting here? I’ll sit here too. Tell Sunhwa and her friend Seulji to move somewhere else. They stole our seats!’ Her friends nodded in approval.

 

Sunhwa was holding her fist in finally has had it. She walked over to Seori and was about to explode.

 

Then Sehun walked in the classroom and sat next to Luhan.

 

‘Why are you making such a fuss over back row seats? What are you? You have the looks and the body but you lack in common sense. Stop bugging me and Seulji, you annoying . You want to sit next to L? Sit next to him then. Oh yes, the friend that was making fun of Seulji’s glasses? You should try reading Harry Potter.’

 

Go Sunhwa.

 

Then the teacher walked in.

 

‘Sunhwa, principal’s office now.’ He said.

 

‘She didn’t do anything wrong but was standing up for herself and a friend. That’s not fair.’ Sehun said.

 

‘Do you want to go to?’ the teacher asked.

 

‘If you want me to, sir.’ He replied.

 

What a bold guy.

 

Then he headed out of the classroom with Sunhwa. L then turned to me, giving me a fright.

 

‘Let’s talk after class.’

 

I didn't say anything.

 

As the hour pass, it was time to head to our next class. L and I walked together to our next class. It was awkward and extremely quiet.

 

‘I don’t know how to say this. I’m not sorry for what I did. Nor do I feel bad. If an apology makes things better, then sorry.’

 

I kicked him. What’s his problem?

 

‘You idiot.’ I said as he jumped trying to relieve the pain in his shin from my kick.

 

‘That hurts! Anyways, do you want to walk home together?’ he asked.

 

That was weird.

 

Suddenly I felt funny. I was tempted to say yes and I felt flustered.

 

‘If you want.’ I answered.

 

We headed of to history and Sunhwa and Sehun came in late.

 

‘Why were you late?’ Miss Na asked.

 

‘The principal wanted to talk to us.’ Sehun answered. His face was straight.

 

Miss Na shook her head and told them to go their seats.

 

‘You wouldn’t believe what happened?’ Sunhwa exclaimed.

 

‘The principal let you off?’

 

‘Sehun full went off at me. It was scary. It was the first time, he’s got sent to a principal’s office.'

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

cheryy_lol: We haven't been updating for a while but lOLhendrix and I promise to post an update every 2 weeks max ^^. We are trying our best as we have school right now and things are a bit messed up ><. Please subscribe, comment or update (or all) if you like this story! Feedback is appreciated. Please spread this fanfic for us! Thanks for reading ^^.

l0Lh3ndrix: Late update because cheryy_lol and I've been busy! I hope you have fun reading!