A Bitter Confession

First Love

 

In the end Sehun and Luhan sat next to L. ‘Hi! What’s your name?’ Luhan asked. ‘Something you will never figure out.’ L replied. Cold as ever. The male version of the Snow Queen, I thought to myself. He seems interesting.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

'So class, open up your maths textbook to Chapter 8 now. Continue on the questions that I set on Monday.’ Miss Shin said.

 

I face my head down and try to do my work but my mind is lost in thoughts of L. As the girls chatter about the new exchange students, Sunhwa is continuously talking about how good looking Sehun is but I didn’t catch anything she was saying.

 

‘Quiet down class. Copy these equation down in your book and try to solve it. Do not ask your classmates for help.” Ms Shin announced as she wrote the equations on the board.

 

I copied down the questions into my maths books and started to solve it. Wow, a piece of cake. I finished all my questions and I looked up to see Luhan and L facing the board already. Luhan seemed to be staring at me with a rather confused face. Why would he do that? Everyone else was struggling with the questions. Seori turned back and looks at L.

 

‘Ya oppa, I really really need help with these equations. It’s so difficult that I think I’m going to faint.’ Seori pled.

 

‘Noona.. Don’t call me oppa. I’m younger than you and Miss Shin clearly said to not any classmates for help. I don’t help people who botox their brains. Sorry.” L said cooly.

 

Again, his replies were blunt and cruel. Although Seori isn’t one of my best friends now, I felt sorry for her. With her natural and pretty face without any surgery, it is an embarrassment for a girl like her to get insulted like that. Why is L playing so hard to get? I felt the urge to say something to L. I gave him a cold and sharp stare.

 

‘Why do you have to be so mean to others? Seori didn’t do anything to you yet she’s getting picked on. Is it because she’s so pretty to the point where you’re lost with your words and you have to be mean to her?” I said to L.

 

‘Well, well what do we have? Another girl who botox her brain? Trying to give me a lesson about how to treat others? Sorry, I am not a part of your “try to make the world a better place” group.’ He laughed.

 

I was really mad. Like really mad. I wanted to give him a slap but the teacher was looking directly at me. I just slouched into me seat as L chuckles at me. I saw Seori glaring at me instead of thanking me. I told myself that I won't be involved in anything.

The bell rang and it was time for our next class. I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around and see Luhan. He was eyeing me closely.

 

"I think I’ve seen you somewhere," Luhan said.

 

"I don't think so, you're from Canada and I have never been there so you must be mistaken," I reply. He looks at me again. "I'm sorry, I just thought you looked like someone I used to know," he said.

 

"Really? Was she pretty? I’m just joking." I agreed.

 

 "She was the prettiest girl I’ve seen in my life. Not even a Victoria Secret Angel could have compared to her. Anyways, I'm Luhan, its nice meeting you. What's your name?" he asked.

 

"It's Lee Seulji, Suzy for short, don't call me ever," I replied coldly.

 

 "Ok! Bye Suzy!!" he replied happily as he skips down the hallway.

 

Aish, this guy does not know how to be quiet, does he?

__________________________________________________________________________________

­

12 years ago

The first flake of snow fell onto my shoulders.

 

He held my hand tight and asked me.

 

‘Where are your parents?’

 

‘I don’t know. I saw my mother getting dragged off somewhere. My dad is at work right now. He was meant to come pick us up. What will he do when he finds out mum has been taken away? I wish I was strong enough to protect her.’ I answered timidly.

 

‘I’ll be here for a while till your dad comes to pick you up. Now it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be crying so much.’

 

I cried even louder.

 

‘People say when a girl cries, they look like pretty. Instead you see snot come out and the salty tears dripping on their faces. Not a great view.’ He joked.

 

I started to laugh and he held my hands tightly.

 

‘Let’s go on the swings for now.’ He told me.

 

‘Tell me your name.’ I said to him.

 

‘L-.’ He’s about to answer. Then my father comes.

 

‘SEULJI! My darling. Where is mum?’

 

I looked around and I realised he disappeared like a midnight summer’s dream.

­­­­__________________________________________________________________________________

Present

It's lunch break now. Finally! I was starving during English classes. Hearing my stomach grumble for the past two hours was embarrassing. I grabbed the food at the canteen and paid for it. I walked out and see that all the tables were almost all full.

 

"SEULJI-A, OVER HERE," Jung Sunhwa yelled and waved. I walked quietly to the table Sunhwa is at and sit next to her.

 

"Ya, why did you have to yell out my name?" I whispered.

 

"Because you might not see me waving my hand," Sunhwa replied.

 

"From now on, don't shout, just text me and tell me where around you are ok?" I ordered.

 

She nodded and atee her food. I did the same. After I finished my lunch, I walked towards the exit but I tripped over someone's foot. I looked up to see who it is. L. At the back of him were another 6 guys. He probably did this on purpose. I stood up and he laughed at me. I glared at him then I slapped him hard on this right cheek. The canteen went quiet and all eyes were on me. The 6 guys behind him start to chuckle.

 

‘Hi L and friends. You have a strong right foot, L. See you in class.’ I said.

 

He looked at me strangely and laughs. What bad luck, I bumped into Seori on my way to visual arts.

 

‘Why did you get involved for?’ Seori looked at me with an icy cold glare.

 

‘Because I didn’t like what he did. I don’t like being a bystander.’ I answered her.

 

‘Our friendship ended years ago. Don’t you dare think that you standing up for me is going to fix anything Suzy.’ She replied angrily.

 

‘Us being friends and me standing up for you is two completely different things. I’m not up to you by standing up for you. Why should I chase after a friend who left us years ago?’ I said. Inside I’m burning with anger. How can she say such a thing? All those good memories we had together, and secrets we shared.

 

‘Stay out of it. You know I like L right. You sitting next to him in maths class was intentional. I don’t care how he treats me, what he says to me and what he thinks of me as. That’s his problem. But don’t make me hate you Suzy. Just get lost.’

 

She is going this far for a guy. That was the Seori I looked up to when I was younger. I tried to hold the tears in. Being the next target for L and his gang was enough already.

 

‘Shield yourself first before you get hurt Seori.’ I told her. I turn and walk. Then I saw Luhan. He looked at me apologetically. This reminded me of the time when I was left alone at the park and he appeared. Who is that boy I met 12 years ago?

 

‘Seulji. Are you okay?’ He asked me.

 

Then I break down crying into his arms. He pats my back gently. It felt nice.

 

‘L oppa,’ Seori said loudly.

 

‘What is it this time?’ L replied.

 

‘Look over there’

 

Then Luhan lets go of me and I turned around with my Rudolph nose and puffy eyes. L looked at me with guiltiness. Then Seori ran up to L clinging onto his arm.

 

‘Oppa, we’re late for class. Let’s go!’ Seori said.

 

While L is getting dragged off to class, Luhan looked at me sadly and asked me.

 

‘Do you like him?’

 

‘Who?’

 

‘L?’

 

I’m unable to answer as I felt a lump in my throat.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' notes:

Well, I hope you liked this chapter! l0Lh3ndrix and I personally prefer this chapter out of them all, what do you think? Comments and feedback appreciated. We would like to thank the 7 subscribers we have and 103 views! I hope you won't be bored as the story goes on, tell us if you have any thoughts on the story!

l0Lh3ndrix: I hope you guys enjoy reading this story and please subscribe and leave comments! We had lots of fun writing this chapter together and thanks to the viewers and subscribers :)