Fate

First Love

Walking out of the shop, as I put my arm around Sunhwa, two familiar figure was standing in front of me.

"L, believe me. IT'S ME." The voice sounded urgent. L couldn't even look at the puppy like boy. "I'm your brother. Your long lost brother."

I couldn't help but listen to their whole conversation. That's when I suddenly remembered.

I thanked him and started walking to the bathroom.I heard Luhan get up and excusing himself from the group as his phone rang. He walked into the hallway. I went into the bathroom and started eavesdropping. I peeked through the door. I couldn't help it, I was so damn curious.

"Have you met your brother yet?" the caller asked.

"Who is he?" The curious Luhan asked but smiling like a Geisha cat.

"L." The answer had got my hairs standing up. The answer had shocked me so much to the point I couldn't keep my mouth closed.

 

Sunhwa and I looked at into each other with wide eyes gasping. I acted as if I didn't know. The portrait I saw at Luhan's house was definitely L and Luhan. What just happened?

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

After the shocking news, Sunhwa decided to leave first leaving me at the restaurant. I decided to stick around till their conversation was over. I wanted to find something out. I sat awkwardly in the restaurant staring outside waiting for their conversation to end. It was getting darker. Luhan was first to leave. It was time I made a move. I walked out of the restaurant hoping to find L. He was nowhere to be seen. I searched around the place hoping to find him somehow. 

 

"Looking for me?" A voice spoke behind me. I turned around and pulled him in for a hug. I looked up at his face. His eyes were red so I suspected that he cried during the conversation. 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked him as I pulled him in for another hug.

 

"No. I'm not okay," he replied while he tightened the hug. I let him.

 

“Don’t keep it in. Cry it all out,” I assuredly said in a calm voice while patting his back. He sobbed onto my shoulders. This was very unlike the L I knew. L was a cold, emotionless person. I guess this all proved me wrong.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

I returned to the park with two cans of drinks. Green Tea and Apple Juice. I just grabbed whatever I saw. I walked over to the swings and patted on L’s shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.

 

“Here, drink this,” I said as I handed him the apple juice. He accepted the drink and started sipping on it. I also opened mine and took a sip as I sat on the swings beside him.

 

“I want the green tea,” he jokingly replied. I was shocked. I awkwardly stared at him not knowing what to do. I don’t know what popped in my mind but I offered him the drink. In my whole life, I have never offered my drink to anyone.

 

“Here, drink some,” I offered him. He accepted and drank it all. I was really not expecting that.

 

“Well there goes my second kiss,” L laughed. I scratched my head and swung my legs back and forth. I was pretty thirsty and hungry.

 

“Drink this,” he handed me the apple juice. I took it and gulped it down not caring whether it was an indirect kiss.

 

“Thanks for drinking all my green tea and offering the apple juice I bought you,” I sarcastically thanked him.

 

“Welcomes,” he replied with a grin on his face. I knew that he was hiding his true feelings under that smile. As they say, people who smile the brightest is usually whom suffered the most.

 

“So, anything interesting happened today?” he asked me. I shook my head.

 

“What about you?” I asked.

 

“I found my brother,” he simply said with no emotions.

 

“Wow. Um. Congrats I guess?” I stuttered.

 

“Mhm,” he simply replied.

 

So there we had silence. The crickets were literally chirping.

 

“Suzy,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Let’s date”

 

I turned to face him. He looked at me back and gave me a smile.

 

“What did you say?” I asked making sure I haven’t heard wrongly.

 

“I said let’s date.”

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

It was getting dark and I sent my farewells to L as I walked back to apartment. As I walked to the apartment I froze. It was the same pathway I last saw my mum. There at the exact spot where I cried was a familiar figure standing. He just stood there. Then the memories came flooding to me.

 

I fell to my knees, hugged my legs and cried. I was hopeless and useless. It was all my fault.

 

I heard light footsteps come towards me. I looked up.

 

It was a young boy, probably the same age as me. He held his hand in front of me. I slowly slid my hand into his and he lifted me up. He hugged me tightly as I cried on his shoulder.

 

“When will I ever meet you again young girl? Will I ever find you Su Lee?” he calmly questioned as he stood there.

 

I gasped as I covered my mouth. I fell to my knees. Tears started streaming down my face. Tears of mixed emotions.

 

I found him.

 

I found my First Love.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

12 years ago

 

“So I guess this is our last time we will ever meet,” I sighed as I held onto his hands.

 

“It’s not going to be the last time! We will meet again! Fate will bring us together!” He cheerfully beamed. I glared at him.

 

“There’s no such thing as miracles or fate!” I angrily said as I let go of his hand.

 

“Then I’ll find you! Simple as that.” He replied as he took hold of my hand once again.

 

“We need to know each other’s names if you want to find me in the future,” I claimed.

 

“Let’s have unique code names for each other because other people might have the same name as us!” he offered. That was pretty smart for a 5 year old I admit.

 

“I’m Su Lee!”

 

“And I’m L! Let’s find each other in the future.”

 

I suddenly felt sad despite the joyful mood. I pulled him in for a hug.

 

“I will miss you a lot L,” I said as I laid my head on his shoulders. He patted my back.

 

“I will miss you too Su Lee.”

 

They were the last words he said to me before he disappeared from my life.

__________________________________________________________________

 

Present

The figure suddenly turned around. His eyes widen as he ran towards me.

 

“Why are you crying?” he asked worryingly while bending down and observing if I got hurt anywhere.

 

“I hate you so much for leaving me L,” I cried.

 

“Su Lee?” he asked.

 

I looked into his eyes and nodded.

 

“I found you L. I found you.”

 

He suddenly pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back as I cried in his chest. Tears of joy they were. I never thought I would find him. It’s been so long I was about to give up. He turned up at the right moment.

 

Fate. It really does exist.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Authors' Notes:

cheryy_lol: Hi all! So that's the end of this chapter. Sorry it's taking a while for each update. I hope it's worth the wait. Anyway's who do you think the boy is? L or Luhan? Find out in the next update!

l0Lh3ndrix: hiii! how'd you like today's chapter? C: