Members

First Love

It was unfortunate that Seori had decided to take a different path and continue on with her life. The memories that we had shared, will always remain the same. However today, it was clear that we could never make up and become friends again. Even with a drink, she had bought her. Seori had abruptly left and I once again was having flashbacks from the past. Even though, it lasted for a short time. For the first time in years, it finally felt like we were getting along.

__________________________________________________________________ 

 

It has already been a couple of weeks since that incident happened. Everything was back to normal at school but there was one little change. Sunhwa has been going to the library often every lunch. Because of that, I'm left alone during break times eating alone. 

 

"Sorry Suzy! I just remembered I need to go to the library for something okay?" Sunhwa said as she dashed off the the library giving me a huge wave. I started walking to the cafeteria when I felt both of my arms being linked with another two arms. I jumped a bit at the sudden touch. I looked to my sides and saw very unfamiliar faces.

 

"Who are you and why are you touching me," I asked coldly while glaring into one's eyes.

 

"I'm Hoya! Member of Infinite," the left one introduced himself.

 

"And I'm Sung Kyu! Leader of Infinite," the other said with a mischievious grin on his face. I scoffed and pulled my arms away from them.

 

"What do you want from me?" I angrily stated. I remembered that Sunhwa said that they were the baddies of the school. 

 

"We don't want anything from you?" Hoya said while scratching his head.

 

"Don't be like that, we just want to be friends with you." Sung Kyu whined.

 

"I don't want to be friends with you guys," I sharply stated while turning my back at them walking towards the cafeteria.

 

I heard them sigh. I grabbed my food and sat down at an empty table. I sipped on my bottle of  water and as I placed it down I saw 11 familiar guys walking towards my table. EXO. I shook my head and continued eating.

 

"Hi Suzy! Do you mind if we sit here?" Luhan asked.

 

"Yes," I simply replied as I stuffed a spoonful of rice in my mouth. I thought that they would go away after I said that but I was wrong. They all started sitting around me at the table filling up all the seats. Luhan was on my left side and another guy was on my left.

 

"Hey, so you're Suzy," the guy on my right said, "I'm Baekhyun." I ignored his introduction and continued eating.

 

"Suzy, you're going to make them feel hurt! They are quite nice so just listen to what they have to say ok?" Luhan complained.

 

"Fine. So what are your names," I asked with a bland voice.

 

They all introduced themselves starting from Luhan and ended at Baekhyun. God, how am I supposed to remember their names. 

 

I tried to remember their names. So lets test myself.

 

Luhan, Sehun, Kai, Xiumin, Lay, Tao, Kris, D.O, Chen, Suho and Baekhyun. 

 

I felt like someone was missing. 

 

"Is there someone missing? I thought there were 12 of you," I asked.

 

"Oh Chanyeol. He started going to the library often for some unknown reason," Kai stated. Then a thought suddenly popped in my mind. No way! Sunhwa and Chanyeol. It must be a coincidence.

 

"He might be meeting up with a girl secretly," Suho teased while nudging Chen. Everyone bursted out laughing. The laughter started fading away and it was awkward once again.

 

"So Suzy, tell us about yourself," Kris asked, "Oh and pick our someone from this group who you would consider as your ideal type." 

 

I gulped down the rice I was chewing then started introducing myself.

 

"I'm Lee Seulji but people prefer to call my Suzy. I'm an average student and I hate people. I like food and I am a girl." 

 

At least I tried intoducing myself to the strange boys. The group once again started laughing. Lay and Xiumin were holding their tummies as they laughed.

 

"Of course you're a girl and who doesn't like food?" Xiumin giggled.

 

"So do you consider me as your ideal type?" Kris asked while giving me a wink. "Or is there someone better?"

 

"I don't know each of your personalities so I wouldn't know and I don't believe in ideal types and so on," I confessed.

 

"Ok lets change the question! Who's the best looking out of us all?" Baekhyun asked with a grin.

 

"Hmm, I think Sehun is the best looking," I replied. EXO started nudging him like crazy.

 

"You have a chance with her, shes pretty cute," I heard Kai stated.

 

"No no no no, I don't like him. I'm just saying he's good looking," I stuttered as I shook my hands.

 

"What about me? Aren't I good looking?" Luhan looked at me with those cute puppy eyes.

 

I mouthed silently to him. "You, good looking. In your dreams". Luhan got the message and replied with a pout. But secretly, I thought I would ruin my pride if I admitted that I found him absolutely charming.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

6 years ago

Sunhwa and I were at our last period. There was something fishy going on as she ignored me every time I made the effort to talk to her. Class had ended and the teacher had dismissed us. We usually had walked home together but today she headed out first and walked without me. The day I had feared most had arrived sooner than later. My only true friend would be leaving me and I would be left alone in this cruel and lonely world. Each time, we had misunderstandings, Sunhwa would be the bigger person and move on. I was too afraid to voice out my thoughts.

 

Sunhwa was walking with another group of girls and they didn't look too friendly. I was walking alone behind them, trying to mind my own business. She didn't bother turning around to say anything to me.

 

"Sunhwa!" I called up. There was no answer. The girls turned around in disgust and mingled of to a nearby store. I paced up faster to face Sunhwa.

 

"Is there something wrong?" She didn't want to talk to me at all. Sunhwa kept looking somewhere else.

 

"Yes, there's always been something wrong. The fact that ALL YOU EVER CARE ABOUT IS THAT BOY THAT YOU MET AT THE PARK. Every time, I try to talk to you. All you ever think about is him. I'm only there when you need me for some maths homework or to eat lunch with. What happened to best friends?" she ranted. It was true. Every single thing she had said.

 

"Can't you just make the effort to act like you're interested in what I'm saying to you?" Sunhwa asked. Why wasn't I answering? I really was stupid.

 

"Don't leave me. I really don't want to lose you like him." I begged. Begging was the lowest thing a human could do. And I just did it.

 

There was a huge crowd watching us and pointing us. They were making fun of us but I couldn't be bothered to care anymore.

 

"I've always been scared. Scared that you may dislike me because of what I thought and wanted to say. I'm sorry I've been so caught up with him so much." I apologised. Sunhwa was always there for me when I wanted to talk about him. Her anger had finally stopped and she ran up to me for a bear hug. The two idiots that were hugging each other and crying, had finally resolved their problem.

 

__________________________________________________________________ 

 

Present

The mood at the table was really fun and playful. Everyone was communicating well with each other and some cracked jokes. It was the first time I have made contact with a group of the opposite gender. Seori was probably sick of having me and Sunhwa as her only friends so she went to find a bigger group right? I've got to admit that it was fun to be around more people and getting to know new people. I tried to keep my laughter in and once in a while I'll show my smile. Not a forced smile, but a geninue smile with people. Perhaps, I am maturing because of L. Luhan looked the happiest there. EXO are an outgoing bunch and I found them comfortable to be aroundw ith. Is Sunhwa happy? She has only me. I don't bother engaging into conversations with her and I pay no attention to her. I realised how selfish and distant I am. I believed that was the reason why Seori had left us. I was always pushing people away and not wanting to join in with other people. I was an outcast and I was afraid of meeting people out of my circle.

 

Is Sunhwa happy with just me or will she leave me one day like Seori did? Does the saying "best friends forever" last or is it a promise meant to be broken?

__________________________________________________________________ 

 

Authors' Notes:

cheryy_lol: Thanks for reading. We really appreciate it. It's not really a significant chapter but yea. Sorry because there is a lot of dialogue. I should concentrate more on her feelings that that. We'll promise that we'll do better! Thanks to all subscribers and silent readers, we appreciate it! Please give us feedback :) 

l0L_h3ndrix: cheryy_lol has been writing most of the chapters so far and I'll try my best to write more. thanks for reading