Friendship

First Love

The mood at the table was really fun and playful. Everyone was communicating well with each other and some cracked jokes. It was the first time I have made contact with a group of the opposite gender. Seori was probably sick of having me and Sunhwa as her only friends so she went to find a bigger group right? I've got to admit that it was fun to be around more people and getting to know new people. I tried to keep my laughter in and once in a while I'll show my smile. Not a forced smile, but a geninue smile with people. Perhaps, I am maturing because of L. Luhan looked the happiest there. EXO are an outgoing bunch and I found them comfortable to be around with. Is Sunhwa happy? She has only me. I don't bother engaging into conversations with her and I pay no attention to her. I realised how selfish and distant I am. I believed that was the reason why Seori had left us. I was always pushing people away and not wanting to join in with other people. I was an outcast and I was afraid of meeting people out of my circle.

 

Is Sunhwa happy with just me or will she leave me one day like Seori did? Does the saying "best friends forever" last or is it a promise meant to be broken?

__________________________________________________________________

 

The last bell for the day rang. The school day was over. Today was indeed an interesting day. It was the first time I've ever communicated with a group of guys. It was fun and they treated me as if I knew them for a long time. But there was one difference. I haven't seen Sunhwa ever since she ran off when the lunch bell rang. It's got me more curious of her whereabouts and what she was doing. She couldn't be leaving me for another group right? I was her best friend. I waited in front of the school gate  hoping that Sunhwa would come out sooner. We weren't in the same class for the subject before since we both has different electives. Two minutes passed since the bell rang. Sunhwa was always earlier than me but today it was me who was waiting. I started to doubt that she would never come. 

 

I glanced at my watch. It's been 10 minutes. Did she really leave me? I turned away about to leave when I heard a familiar voice.

 

"Suzy Suzy!" 

 

I smiled when I heard that voice. I turned around quickly wiping the smile off my face.

 

"I'm soooooo sorry! I had to stay in class because something turned up. I hope you forgive me!" Sunhwa apologised as she pouted. 

 

"I waited for 10 minutes!" I "angrily" stated. Out of no where I just suddenly thought of one of the jokes Kai cracked. Out of all times, now. That was it. I suddenly bursted out laughing.

 

"Why are you laughing?" Sunhwa asked with her head tilting to her left shoulder. I shook my hands furiously as I tried to calm myself down.

 

"It's nothing, I just suddenly thought of a joke," I explained as I catched my breath.

 

"Well laugh often. I haven't seen you laugh for the last billion years!" Sunhwa exaggerated as she pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her with a smile. She will be there for me no matter what. All of my doubts of her leaving me just vanished. I never knew how important Sunhwa was to me until this day. After my mother had gone missing, she was always there encouraging me.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

12 years ago

"Sorry honey, I can't play dolls with you today. I have something important to do."

 

My father was staring at the computer screen, concentrating on the written text in front of him. There was a photo under the big bold text of "MISSING." A picture of my mother. I walked up behind him and took a closer look at the image. I've had come to the realisation of how much I missed her. Tears were unconsciously rolling down from my eyes and my father looked at me with sorrow.

 

"One day, we will be able to eat dinner all together. The three of us sitting on the table." He said with a comforting voice.

 

That not only brought up my spirits but had became another dream to me.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Present

The class I had dreaded most. Maths. I didn't just loathe the subject but I couldn't stand the seating arrangements. The goofy Luhan was a few seats away from me. To make things worse, he sat on the same row as me. That didn't stop him to continously bother me. My grades were dropping rapidly. I felt a sudden tap on my chair. To my horror, it was him. His big eyes were staring into my souls. It bothered me that I felt like he was able to tell that I found him handsome.

 

"Can I borrow a rubber? I forgot to bring mine." He whinged. To give of the cold exterior I lived up to, I began to do my maths homework. I almost forgot who I was sitting next to. The person that made my heart pound quickly. I've began to notice that after spending more time with Luhan and his EXO friends, I was beginning to drift away  from the person who stole my first kiss. Throughout the whole two periods, he did not move an inch to utter a single word to me which made me feel a bit guilty. I have neglected him and I wanted to make up for it.

 

"L, can you help me with this question?" I asked shaking his hand. Then Seori began shooting me glares which made me jump a bit.

 

"Don't joke around. You're an A student for maths." He replied blandly. I felt a little rejected but embarassed that he saw through me. A certain pair of eyes was not satisifed by the communication and eye contact that I had with him.

 

"Class, there is something I need to sort out with Mr Park about your upcoming exam. I will be back in five minutes." Miss Shin told. The class groaned after finding out that there was going to be a test. However Seori used this time wisely.

 

"You didn't forget what today is right?" She eyed me with her perfectly done mascara and eyeliner. I was confused but I was bewildered by the tone she was using.

 

"Sunhwa, happy birthday. What's the use of sticking around to a best friend who doesn't even remember your birthday? Ah, what a waste of my memory space to remembering such a low life's birthday." Seori sneered. Sunhwa played with her fingers awkwardly not trying to confront her at all.

 

"Right, you're a gold digger. A . A . You only care about boys but not your loyal friend. You're pathetic, Seulji." Her last sentence struck me like a death blow. I felt most apologetic towards Sunhwa. I was so caught up with my own life that I did not remember her birthday. Her friends were all agreeing with her and shooting me glares.

 

"True, it is wrong that Seulji forgot Sunhwa's birthday." One of my classmates whispered.

 

"Yes, I'm pathetic for not remembering my friend's birthday. I will not say anything against that but aren't you the monster? That pact we made that we would stay together as friends. You broke it but you're still clinging onto the memories. Isn't that why you still remember her birthday?" I questioned bodly. Then Miss Shin arrived in class to see me standing up facing Seori.

 

"Detention." She said firmly.

 

"It's her best friend's birthday today. Please let her off, Miss." Luhan pleaded but in a cool way.

 

"I guess birthdays are important.. so I will let you off." The teacher answered with a small smile. 

 

I was just let off by one of the strictest teacher ever. The class was shocked by her sudden response. L didn't bother to wait for me after school which made me a bit discontented. The walk to home was very quiet. Sunhwa did not look at me once.

 

"SUNHWA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. THANK YOU FOR BEING BORN." The words were sincere this time. I was forgiven as she placed an arm around my shoulder.

 

"Today's my shout, okay?" I said leading her to the resturant nearby. We ate till our hearts' content. Our stomachs had felt bloated but I was glad to see my best friend having a good time.

 

Walking out of the shop, as I put my arm around Sunhwa, two familiar figure was standing in front of me.

 

"L, believe me. IT'S ME." The voice sounded urgent. L couldn't even look at the puppy like boy. "I'm your brother. Your long lost brother."

 

I couldn't help but listen to their whole conversation. That's when I suddenly remembered.

 

I thanked him and started walking to the bathroom.I heard Luhan get up and excusing himself from the group as his phone rang. He walked into the hallway. I went into the bathroom and started eavesdropping. I peeked through the door. I couldn't help it, I was so damn curious.

"Have you met your brother yet?" the caller asked.

"Who is he?" The curious Luhan asked but smiling like a Geisha cat.

"L." The answer had got my hairs standing up. The answer had shocked me so much to the point I couldn't keep my mouth closed.

 

 

Sunhwa and I looked at into each other with wide eyes gasping. I acted as if I didn't know. The portrait I saw at Luhan's house was definitely L and Luhan. What just happened?

__________________________________________________________________

 

Authors' notes:

l0Lh3ndrix: HEYHEY readers! I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and will continue to wait patiently for our updates.

cheryy_lol: This chapter was mostly written by l0Lh3ndrix! Gee, I'm getting lazy. I owe her big time. Anyways I hope all you readers are enjoying how the story is going. Please give us feedback :)