Chapter 30: Strike One

White Secrets

Minhee’s POV

 

“Luhan!” I called.  He turned around and tucked his phone in his pocket.

“Hey.”

“Have you seen Naeun?”

“Chanyeol just left.. I don’t know about Naeun” he informed.  I nodded and watched him leave the club.  I sighed and sat back down, briefly scanning the dance floor.  I paused when I realized if Chanyeol wasn’t here, Naeun would be missing.  I stood up and thoroughly checked the dance floor once more.  When I couldn’t find Naeun, I ran out of the club.  

“Naeun!” I searched the bathroom and the empty rooms left for clubbers to do their business. “Na-” I spotted Naeun outside, crouched on the floor, just a few feet away from the door. I let out my breath.

“Naeun!” I jogged up to her.

“Wh-what’s wrong? Naeun… what happened?” I cautiously asked in a soft tone.  She just continued to stare at me with rueful eyes.  

“I-I… rejected… Chanyeol” she whispered.  My eyes widened and I crouched beside her.  

“L-let’s get you home first…” I picked her up and guided her home.

--

 

We reached her house and I seated her on the couch. “So tell me exactly what happened.”

“Chanyeol. He confessed to me and I just rejected him” she explained numbly. “I wanted to tell him how I really feel… but I couldn’t do it… I just let him walk away…”

“Naeun… Why didn’t you-”

“I don’t know…” she screamed. “I’m just going to go to bed. I think the alcohol is getting to me now” she stood up in a soft voice. I grabbed her hand.

“Naeun, it’s okay. You can have a second chance, just tell him now.” She shook her head.

“He told me that he’s going to give up on me. That he won’t try anymore…” she looked down, fiddling with her fingers.

“Naeu-”

“Goodnight,” she ignored me and walked to her room, closing the door behind her.

“Why does she always have to be so stubborn?” I sighed. I pulled out a blanket from the closet and made a bed on the couch. I walked into her room and found her fast asleep. I sighed worriedly and turned the lights off. “Goodnight, Naeun. I will be out here if you need anything.” All I heard were quiet grumbles. I closed the door, moved back to the couch, and went to sleep myself.

 

--

 

Luhan’s POV:

I opened the door to the house and found Chanyeol sitting on the couch with Kai.

“Heyy! You’re home!” he greeted.

“Yeah… no thanks to you. You left me with two girls that hate me.”

“Sorry” he smiled and made a peace sign with his two fingers, “I got bored and I couldn’t find you. At least I texted you.”

“Right… How did it go with Naeun? I heard she was there. Did you see her?”

“Uhh… Yeah. I did.”

“And? Did your plan work?”

“Mmm… she got mad at me and told me to quit it… and threatened me. You know… the usual” Chanyeol explained.

“That sounds like Naeun.”

“So I think I’m going to play it low for now.”

“Good idea.” Kai commented.

“We were just about to play a game of Super Smash. Wanna play?” Chanyeol offered.

“Sure! You guys are going down!” I accepted. “Where’s Suho by the way?”

“He lost at rock paper scissors, so he went to go pick up pizza.” Kai informed as he set up the game.

“Ahh… I see. Suho was never good at games.”

“Yeah. C’mon. The game is starting. You’re Donkey Kong.” Kai handed me a controller.

“What? I don’t wanna be Donkey Kong!”

“Too bad!” Kai forced.

“Haha” Chanyeol chuckled quietly. I stared at Chanyeol. He’s acting weird. He would usually have a lot to say, but he’s so quiet now. He turned my way. “Why are you staring?”

“No reason.”

“Did you finally fall for my charms?” he pushed up his glasses.

“Haha! You died!” Kai did a small victory dance.

“What?! You cheated! I wasn’t ready!” I cried. Chanyeol was still sitting quietly smiling. That idiot; something happened. Did something happen with Naeun?

I decided to shrug it off. If Chanyeol had something to say, he would tell me. He then placed the controller down and stood up.

“I’m going to go shower… I feel sweaty from the club” I eyed him as he left then placed down my controller.

“Did something happen?” I asked as soon as he closed the door.  Kai shrugged.

“He’s been like that since he came in… I asked him what’s wrong but he just smiled and kept checking his phone… but I think that was because of you”  I nodded and informed him that I was going to my room.

-

I fiddled with one of my rubix cubes until I became bored.  I set the cube down as Chanyeol entered with a towel over his head.

“Took you long enough” I teased.

“I’m still trying to get your spit off of me from yesterday.” He rubbed the water off his hair with the towel and fell onto his bed.

“Stop being a baby.” I paused. “Hey you okay?” I asked.

“Hm? yeah..” he wearily answered as he threw the towel to somewhere on his bed.

“Don’t lie to me.” He looked at me and beamed.

“What are you talking about?” He cocked his head to the right.

“You’re really quiet… too quiet” I eyed him warily.

“Well, maybe it’s because Naeun got mad at me for my whole stunt of trying to make her jealous… but it’s okay ‘cause she’s always mad at me. She’ll get over it” he explained casually.

“I don’t think that’s it…”

“And it’s mostly because our plan didn’t work… and I’m just thinking of a new one…” he lied. “You know I don’t talk when I’m thinking…”

“Really?” I lifted my eyebrow. “Because you rarely think…”

“Yup… my next plan will work. You know what they say, second times the charm” he smiled.

I sighed and got up to pat his back. “Whatever you say” I shook my head. I grabbed some clothes from my closet and headed for the bathroom. Before closing the door I saw Chanyeol let out a big sigh and fall face first into his pillow.

-

I came out and found him lying on his back with one arm as his pillow. I plopped down on my bed and stared at him.

“Am I really that good looking that you can’t keep your eyes off me?” He joked with his eyes closed when he heard me come in.

“You know… if you don’t tell me what’s wrong I’m going to ask Minhee or Naeun” I cautioned.

“I promise it’s nothing”

“When I find out that it’s nothing… you are going to have the worst punishment in the world that you wish you never lied”

“Punishment? That sounds creepy. I’m so scared I got goose bumps” he showed me his arm. “But seriously… it’s nothing. Don’t worry about me… Let’s talk about you… and Minhee.”

“What about me and Minhee?” I narrowed my eyes, getting off topic. “Wait are you doubting me?” He laughed.

“I don’t doubt that you’re capable of doing very disturbing things...but I am also sure she likes you now” he explained, “I’ve been investigating…”

“Your eyes only let you see what you want to see…” I shook my head.

“Sometimes you just gotta accept things that your eyes want to see when it becomes reality”

“Let’s go to sleep… the club has gotten to us” He shrugged and I turned off the lights.