Chapter 29: No

White Secrets

Naeun’s POV:

“I am so done with those two!” I slammed my fists on the table once they were gone. “I tried to ignore them, but I am at my limit” I scrunched up my napkin.

“Aha… Naeun… calm down” she patted my shoulder.

“One more move and I swear there will be no mercy for them” I threatened.

“Are you jealous that Chanyeol’s hanging out with other girls that aren’t you?”

“OF COURSE I AM!... I mean what? No! Never!” I took back my first statement.  She giggled.  “What are you laughing at?” I glared.

“Why don’t you just make him jealous back?”

“How? I’ve never seen him jealous before. That monkey never gets jealous.”

“You’ve obviously never tried.”

“And you know?”

“Of course. First you must follow them.” She left a twenty dollar bill and pulled me out the door.

“But my handroll!” Minhee groaned and went back in.  She grabbed the hand-roll and left the restaurant.

“How do we know where they are?” I asked munching on my salmon.

“You call Chanyeol and ask.”

“Oh yeah…  just straight out tell him, ‘hey we’re going to be following you so where are you?’” I raised one brow at her.

“Fine… ask Baekhyun, Kai, or Suho,” I pulled out my phone and dialed Suho’s number.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Yeah. It’s Naeun. Do you know where Luhan and Chanyeol are at?”

“Did they do something stupid again?”
“When do they not do anything stupid?”

“Right… They’re probably at the park called ‘The Park’” he informed, “They like to hang out there.”

“Oh… Thanks bye!” I hung up.

“So? Where are they?”

“They are at the park”

“Okay… Which park?”

“The Park”

“Yeah… I know.. Which par-......That’s a park?” Minhee questioned.

“I guess.” I pulled out my phone and typed it in. “What do you know. It’s three miles from here.”

“Reggo”

“Oh geez… they’re rubbing off on us…”

 

--

 

We spotted the four of them sitting on a park bench, sharing a banana split. They were talking and laughing happily. I narrowed my eyes. “Who said they can be happy?”

“Uhh…” Minhee scratched her head. “They did?”  I threw her a look. “I mean.. No! That is bad” she corrected.

We followed them around and watched them hop around the playground. Chanyeol was pushing Ailee on the swing, while Luhan and Hyorin were on the slides. “It’s been four hours, and they’re still here!”

“They’ll leave soon… I mean it is eight and the sun is gone” Minhee reasoned.

“Hey Chanyeol?” Ailee called.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s go to the club”

“Cool.. We’re down”

They all stood up and walked out.

“What club are they going to?” Minhee whispered as we eyed them step into Chanyeol’s car.

“Let’s go to ‘Club Royal’” Hyorin suggested, “the one next to ‘Dance & Drink’” They all agreed and drove off.   

Minhee and I attempted to stand but fell.

“I can’t move.”

“Same” we sat on the ground until the blood flowed.

“This …” Minhee commented.

“I don’t understand how Exo does this so often’

“Alright let’s go.”

“Wait… We’re not in the right attire. If we go like this they won’t let us in.”

“Oh… Yeah. Let’s go stop by my house” I pulled Minhee up, “My house is right around the corner. I never knew that this park existed…”

“How… do they… even find these places?” Minhee mused as we reached my house.

I pulled her in and looked through the dresses I had.

“Do you mind what you wear?”

“No… just not too flash-”

“Here! Wear this sparkly silver one!” I beamed.

“Y….” she finished and stared at me blankly.  She walked over and scanned my wardrobe. “Why do you have these dresses?”

“Because you don’t need to know…”

“Whatever…” She snatched the dress from my hand and went into the bathroom to change.

I pulled out a black, short, laced dress. “Perfect” I said to myself.

“Naeun… I think this dress is too shor-… and yours is even shorter,” she commented when she came out.  She crossed her arms and raised one brow. “Seriously… why do you have these dresses?”

“How else would I get noticed?”

“Geez.. the extents you’ll go for Chanyeol… I should record this” she grinned mischieviously.  

“IT’S NOT FOR CHANYEOL!”

“Right… whatever makes you happy” she nodded and picked a handbag.

“Are we ready? It’s 8:30! We need to leave now”

“Oh… you’re right… what if Chanyeol is kissing Ailee or flirting with another girl” she nonchalantly imagined.

“I don’t care. Why would I care?!”

“Well… aren’t we doing this because of him?”

“No… we’re doing this to see how it feels to act like Exo.”

“Mhm…excuses. It’s definitely denial” she mumbled to herself.

“Let’s just get outta here!”

“Oh… by the way… I don’t think Exo would go this far” she added as we got into the taxi.

“You obviously don’t know Exo… and it doesn’t bother you that Luhan is doing this too?”

“Well… it looked like Hyorin disliked Luhan so it’s all good” she smiled.

“I hate you”

“We have arrived. That will be thirteen dollars.” the taxi driver interrupted.

“Thank you sir” we paid and entered the club. I searched the dance floor for the two idiots while Minhee scanned the bar.

“It’s so loud in here!” Minhee yelled.

“What?! I can’t hear you! It’s too loud in here!” Minhee just shook her head.

“Oh wait! I found them!”

“You found Chen? What?! We’re not looking for Chen.” She sighed and pointed to the left of the dance floor. “Oh you found them! Why didn’t you just say so!” She face palmed herself and seated herself at the bar. “Are you gonna stay here and just drink?” I yelled.  She nodded and ordered a coke.
“I hope they didn’t drink! You know how the both of them get!” I laughed.

“You’re right.” I stared at Chanyeol and Ailee dancing. “Wow! They’re dancing really close to each other!” Minhee screamed into my ear.

“Stop screaming! I can hear you!”

“Oh so now you hear me…” she grumbled.

“What?!”

“Nevermind… I give up!” Minhee flipped an imaginary table.

“Who does she think she is? She can’t just dance like that with my-...”

“Your what?” Minhee smirked.

“Fine! Fine! MY CHANYEOL! MINE!” I lost it and grabbed the closest drink and gulped it down.

“Ah… Naeun… that was vodka.” she stared at me worriedly.

“Ha! I’m fine! I don’t get drunk that easily!” I stumbled as I downed three more.

“Uh.. Naeun… I think we should just go home” she insisted.

“No! I need to make Chanyeol jealous!” I hiccuped.

“Naeun you’re getting buzzed. Let’s go!”

“Nooo!” I rejected and ran off to the dance floor.

I started dancing with whoever, stumbling now and then.   A couple guys surrounded me, one placed their hands around my waist.  I smirked and continued to dance. Take that Chanyeol!  The ground started spinning so I stopped dancing.  I felt an arm wrap around my waist.  I looked up and thanked whoever caught me.  I saw a faint smirk on the man’s face but I shrugged it off.  I clutched my head and suddenly felt the arm sliding down my back.  I squinted and grabbed the hand before it reached my . I threw his hand off but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close.  I squirmed and struggled to pry out of his grip but he grabbed my other arm.

“Stop moving.  You should at least thank me for catching you” he ordered.

“Let. Go. Of. Me.” I glared at him. Suddenly he let go and I felt a force pull me back.  I stared at the figure’s back who pulled me away and slowly traced it to his head.  My eyes widened.

“She said to let go.” Chanyeol reiterated.

“Who are you? Her boyfriend? She’s the one who seduced me… Stop being a loser and give her back, I saw her first. She wants to stay.” he excused. Chanyeol didn’t say anything but the man soon screamed. He backed away and blew on the sleeve of his jacket which was now on fire.

“I would forget about that expensive jacket of yours… You won’t be able to put that fire out…” he took off his jacket and put it over me. “Let’s go” he turned around and dragged me out of the club.

“Hahaha.” I chuckled awkwardly.

“You think this is funny? The club is a really dangerous place with guys like him. You really could’ve gotten hurt! What were you thinking?”

“It was just a joke… I was just trying to get a reaction from you and it worked” I smiled.

“Am I just a joke to you? Are we just a joke?” he questioned.

“W-what?” I was taken back from his question. “O-of course! you started it..”

“Listen carefully Naeun,” Chanyeol ordered as he grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face him, “Because I’m only going to say this once. I really like you, and I don’t like it when you pull stunts like this.”

“W-what? Stop joking around.”

“If you tell me right now that there is no chance we will ever be together, I’ll stop everything. I won’t bother you and follow you around anymore.”

“Chanyeol…I…” I stopped. “We can’t…” What am I saying?? I internally slapped myself. This was too sudden. Why is he asking me this right now?

“Fine… I understand” he sighed. “I’m going to go home. Tell Luhan for me. Bye,” he waved and turned his back on me. “Thanks for telling me the truth” he e last time at me, smiling. All I could do was nod my head.

Naeun, what are you doing? Stop him! Tell him how you really feel! My emotional feelings and pride were battling against each other. Wait! Come back! He didn’t hear me. In the end, I watched him walk away and disappear as he turned the corner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Things are about to go down. Finally, it takes danger to get those four words out. And bam!

Are you guys frustrated yet?

Yay or nay #chaneun/nayeol?

 

Guys we are back ;]