Chapter 28: Double Date Fail

White Secrets

Chanyeol POV:

 

I rolled to the edge of the bed and sat up staring drowsily at the other side of the room. Luhan was laying face down into his pillow groaning. “Hahaha… What’s wrong? Luhan’s got a hangover?” I teased.

“Shut up… What happened yesterday?”

“You really don’t remember? You were crazy… anyways hurry up and get ready…”

“What did I do and for what?”

“We’re going on a date. I’m going to go shower first… gotta get your spit off of me”

“Woah… I like you, but not that kind of way”

“Ohohoho… very funny… It’s a double date with Ailee and Hyorin…” I made a face at him.

“Why?... I thought you liked Naeun…”

“Well she basically forced me to do it… anyways I’m sure she will be there too…”

“What do you mean? And plus I can’t cheat on Minhee…”

“You guys aren’t dating yet and you said you would yesterday when you were drunk.”

“When I was drunk? You’re really going to take my word when I was drunk?”

“Why not?... I mean it’s still you…”

“... I think you’re just using me…”

“And you are totally right!” I gave him a thumbs up. “I’m going to shower now” I shut the door to the bathroom.

“She’s going to kill you!” he yelled.

 

--

 

“So this date is like a way to make her jealous?”

“Exactly!” I beamed.

“And why am I doing this?”

“Because you love me and I would do the same…. nah I wouldn’t...anyways… not my point”

“So have you ever thought of the idea of actually telling her you like her?” he questioned.

“Have you ever thought of the idea of actually telling her you like her?”

“Actually I have, but some dimwit decided to come home at the right time”

“I tried okay… but Naeun is scary.”

“Whatever… Where are we headed?” Luhan questioned.

“The cafe! We’re meeting Ailee and Hyorin there” I answered.

“Oh?... Does it happen to be the same cafe that sells donuts and where Naeun is working right now?”

“Mmhmm!” I nodded.

“Ohoho… Very sly Park Chanyeol.”

“Always… You’re not gonna tell Naeun are you?”

“Mmm… No. It’s not fun that way” Luhan shrugged casually. “By the way, do you even know Ailee and Hyorin?”

“Uhh… They go to the same school?” I guessed. “It doesn’t matter anyway. They’re only using me like I’m using them.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Well they haven’t had any interest in me until now. I think they’re just trying to get closer to Exo… and they’re using me because I seem the most... friendliest?”

“Mmm… Well you are the stupidest”

“Jerk” I made a face at him. “We’re here!” I smiled, “Just try and be normal”

“Says you,” he made a face back.

We entered the cafe and sat at the table closest to the counter.

“Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”

I looked up and saw Naeun staring at me with a notepad and pen in her hand.

“Oh hi Na-”

“There you are Chanyeol!” Ailee interrupted.

“Who’s that? Do you know her?” Hyorin questioned me staring at Naeun judgingly.

“Her?... She’s just a… a classmate” I lied.

“What?” Naeun’s eyebrows twitched.

“Oh… Of course… Why would you be friends with that?”

“That?” Naeun echoed through clenched teeth. “What would you like to order?”

“Nothing. We’re leaving” Luhan and I stood up.

“Let’s go” We walked past Naeun and Minhee, but I was stopped when Luhan froze.

“Eh… heheh.. Naeun is making a face at us… and growling…” Luhan whispered worriedly.

“Hmm? What face?” I looked back. Naeun was indeed growling. We awkwardly chuckled and quickly exited the cafe.

“So why’d you bring him?”

“Him? Oh you mean Luhan? Why not?”

“He’s just… not our style. We were thinking that you would bring someone from Exo.”

“He is from Exo. He’s just new.”

“We were hoping someone more like Kris or Chen… not… that” they grimaced.  Luhan scoffed.  

“Uh… ahahaha” I rubbed the back of my neck.  “Should we get going?”

“Sure” Ailee reluctantly agreed.

“Where are we going?” Hyorin asked as she peered down at her phone.

“Are you guys hungry?”

“Mmm… I could grab a bite to eat. Let’s go eat sushi” Ailee suggested.

“Alright” I nodded.

“Chanyeol… are you sure this is a good idea? I really want my head to stay attached to my neck” Luhan whispered as we walked over to the restaurant.  

“You’re just upset they think you’re ugly”

“Rude” he glared.

“I’m kidding. Naeun won’t do anything… hopefully. And plus she can’t kill you. Minhee likes you.”

“Uhm… you do know I am following you on this double date… I won’t be that safe either.”

“Minhee’s not really the jealous type. You are.”

“Yeah but she’s easily influenced by Naeun,” he rebutted.

“Then we better get as far from the cafe as possible”

“Haha, we should go to the sushi place near the school” Luhan suggested.  The girls stared at him judgingly.

“Why so far?” they sulked.

“Ahaha, I think it’s a good idea” I supported. “Fish & Rice is actually really good. They make a great salmon handroll”

“Okay!” they beamed. Luhan started to mumble angrily to himself.

“Hhaha…” I laughed nervously. “Luhan cool it. Be nice” I whispered.

“You…. owe…. me… big time” He grunted.

“Ahaha…. okay okay… so bare for me”

“Hmm… I’m thinking of actually telling Naeun our location…. ‘cause then, I’ll be saved some wrath” he smirked.

“Woah… Let’s not get crazy here. You know that Naeun will hurt you anyway.”

“Yeah… but Minhee will be there to stop her because she’ll reason that I helped them out”

“Then I will lie and say that it was your idea to make Minhee jelly.”

“Are we going to eat or not?” Hyorin interrupted.

“Hm? We are… let’s eat!”

 

--

 

“And then she said ‘those shoes do not match with that top!’”

“Hahaha… good one” I half heartedly laughed.

“What are they talking about?” Luhan nudged me.

“I don’t...know” I whispered back.

“Oh my…sushi…. The devil has come” Luhan wheezed.

“Did you tell her you jerk?”

“What? No! Why are they here?” He panicked.

“They’re coming! Quickly hide!” We grabbed menus and covered our faces.

“What are y-”

“Shhh” We cut off Ailee. Naeun and Minhee passed by us giggling.

“Are they gone?” I whispered. Luhan peeked his eyes and suddenly gasped.  “Wh-what? What happened?” I kept my head low.

“They’re sitting right next to Hyorin…”

“What?” I coughed.

“Excuse me. Can we borrow your menus?” Naeun asked. We froze.

“Uhhh…” Luhan let out a shaky breath.

“Pst! Hey Hyorin… can you hand them your menus?” I requested.  They peered at us weirdly.

“You have our menus”

“Oh… Luhan what do we do?”

“Quick… on the count of three… we drop the menus and book it to the bathroom”

“Bathroom? Okay…”

“1...2..-”

“Excuse me… may we use your menus?” Minhee asked this time.

“Three!” we ran to the bathrooms and locked the door.

“Whew… that was close….” I let out the breath that I didn’t know I held.

“uh… We still have the menus…”

“I knew we were forgetting something.” I unlocked the door and stared at the direction of the sushi bar. Naeun and Minhee were looking around confused. They looked once more at Hyorin and Ailee, and I could see light bulbs turn on in their heads.

“I think they recognized Ailee and Hyorin”

“What do we do?” I looked at Luhan.

“We… k-keep our heads high and stride out of this bathroom.  Pay for the food or continue eating if we need to.. then leave… ignoring Minhee and Naeun…”

“Okay  okay… That seems easy enough” We slowly opened the door and walked out. Naeun and Minhee were ordering their rolls. We tried to sneak past them to our seats, but Naeun caught us.

“Chanyeol, Luhan how was the bathroom?” Naeun lifted an eyebrow while still looking at her menu. I jumped and fell on my pulling Luhan down with me.

“Ahhaha… hey guys! it was great! Luhan had a nice poop”

“Wh-... no that’s a misunderstanding… I don’t poop”

“And you needed to go with him why?”

“He doesn’t like to poo alone” I explained.

“Uhm… I didn’t know that Luhan” Naeun stared at him questioningly.

“I didn’t know that either Chanyeol” he glared at me.

“So how’s the weather up there?” I asked casually, while still sitting on the floor. “It’s nice down here.”

“Get up Chanyeol… you’re causing attention” she commanded, turning her attention back to the menu. We stood up and dusted ourselves off.

“Well, we will be going back to our wonderful date!” I backed away.

“Are you guys done?” Luhan asked Ailee and Hyorin.

“Yeah… Let’s get outta here. It has such a horrible view.” They made a disgusted face at Naeun and Minhee and walked out the door. We glanced at Naeun and Minhee then awkwardly followed them.

 

 

 

 

Hey guys we are back.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFZEmb7cpAfxaquGJ0gYw