Chapter 30: YunJae Confession: The Way You Are

I Love You Jae

1 - Note found by Jaejoong in the morning:*Not any longer my love. Soon, I’ll sing to you my confession.*

1 - Yunho says to the teacher when he asks for volunteers who want to sing at the festival in school in May: I want to sing.

2 - Now he knows for sure Yunho loves him.

1+1=2

Or: 2 + 2 = 4

Whatever the math calculation may be, it matters not when it comes to our beloved YunJae.

Changmin smirked. Junho gave a face: ‘About TIME…’

Junsu rolled his eyes, “Well, that will be very romantic won’t it? Saying it in front of the school plus other people.”

Yoochun sighed, “I’m just glad he won’t take any longer than that.”

Yunho frowned, “Shut up! As if you guys know what it feels like to confess your love to someone who hated you for 2 and a half years and then participated in acts of love! Oh please, just help me choose a song.”

Everyone including the four friends felt doom wash over them, “YOU HAVEN’T EVEN CHOSEN A SONG YET!?”

Jaejoong chuckled outside. What a helpless and hopeless lover he would have…

There was much preparation than needed. They didn’t just rehearse the song sung by the most famous band in Korea, Dong Bang Shin Ki: The Way You Are; Yunho thought up how to say it. His friends told him it would be the best if he sang it, went down and then said it. Yunho asked why.

Junsu answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “Well duh because you would keep staring at him and the audience would figure it out anyways, plus it would be the best like that. I know he doesn’t want direct attention; he’ll be getting indirect attention. And it’s best if you confess while being really close to him, so that if you feel like kissing, you would do that.”

“I thought I’d get love tips from Junho and Changmin, not you.”

“Do NOT underestimate me. I am an expert in this.”

Yoochun raised an eyebrow, “I’m the one who told you all this.”

Junsu flinched.

“Hyung, I’m the biggest YunJae shipper ever!” Yoochun said excitedly.

“Yun…Jae…?”

“The name of you guys together. Jae-hyung was right, you are a tube-light,” Yoochun said sighing.

Yunho pouted. “Okay, I’ll just make direct contact with his eyes the whole time, and then after my song will be done, I’ll run to him and say that I love him.”

Junho pointed out: “You can’t do that in the crowd.” Changmin nodded in agreement.

Yunho became thoughtful, “Then I’ll tell him to meet me under the usual tree after my song, so that we meet there and I confess. I’ll tell him both by note and myself.”

Junsu asked a good question for those who weren’t in Grade 12: “Does Jaejoong-hyung know?”

“Of course he does! I told the teacher in front of him.”

“Oh ok. We didn’t know.”

“It’s alright.”

Junho got up, “Well let’s prepare you for the song. And we have to get you in the perfect clothes; you and hyung.”

The two weeks were as busy as bees and ants and as busy as a bear getting ready for hibernation in winter. Yoochun was great with clothes, so he and Yunho spent all evening of everyday of those two weeks in the most grand and prestigious stores of clothing. Suits, ties, shirts, pants, shoes, costume for the song…anything else? Junsu was good with the looks. He spent the whole of one day just trying to get the make-up right for the stage. Junho gave advice on the expression on stage, plus many ways of confessing. Changmin helped with things that he didn’t want to do to scare Jaejoong in case he got scared or do the wrong stuff. The rest of the members were in it too, but they had to arrange the festival too. All but Jaejoong were getting ready for the special day.

Jaejoong. Yes. He was the least worried among the school pupils. He decided what to wear, and that was pretty much it. But then Yoochun poked his nose in Jae's personal business of clothes and told him what to wear. Jaejoong helped the school with the festival. His last days… He knew very well that those five were acting like they’d go to Mars or even out of the Milky Way Galaxy for some research. They barely had time to spend with poor Jae. Jaejoong on the other hand, got notes everyday, the same thing written: “Please wait for me.”

Yup. No matter how busy he was, he spent every single day of these three years thinking of Jaejoong at least once. These days weren’t any exceptions. He had time to write that bit for Jaejoong and secretly put it in his locker when no one was looking. Hey, after all, all this work was for Jaejoong and their ‘YunJae’ lives together.

The day FINALLY came. Whew! All that hard work paid off!

The concert part was supposed to be held at 11:30 a.m. Yunho’s song was third in line. That actually gave Yunho bonus time after spending a lot of it with Jaejoong. On that day, he even got Jaejoong a teddy bear from one of the stalls. Warming up huh? And Jaejoong played some karate and judo games where he won each and every time. Yunho was surprised to see such a feminine man do such artistic fighting. Why couldn’t he do this to Siwon? Oh well, he knew the answer: No use.

Maybe this was how he protected girls when stalkers followed them? That’s right. Jaejoong was also known for almost sending people to coma when the female students of their school made stalkers follow them. It was unbelievable at first, but not anymore.

Finally it was 10:45 when all the singers had to come together. Yunho didn’t have a chance to put in his final note the previous day, he was too busy. Today was even worse as Jaejoong seemed not to let go of him. Jaejoong even checked his locker once for some ‘unknown reason’. It’s supposed to be ‘unknown’ to Yunho, apparently. Nothing fell. Because the person didn’t get a chance to put it in.

“I’ll get going Jae!” He said as he ran.

As fast as he could, he slipped the note in the locker. Jaejoong called. “Yunho wait!”

“I’ll be…late…” he saw Jaejoong opening his locker again.

‘NO!!! NOT NOW!!! Make a run for it Yunho, MAKE A RUN FOR YOUR CONFESSION TO LIVE ON!!!!!!!!

And he dashed.

“Well, this note won’t meet the others before the confession,” Jaejoong murmured to himself.

~~~ ~~~

Yunho was going to receive a scolding for being late when time saved him. Now he was sitting waiting for the second song to be over. It had been about ten minutes. Anticipation was getting the better of him and his heart beat increased within the second. Changmin sat beside him. “Hyung, calm down. Please. It’s nothing really right? Just forget about everything and sing from your heart, because those are the words you want to tell him right?”

Junho stood beside him too. “Forget the audience hyung. Just think it’s you and him. Just sing alright?”

Yoochun and Junsu cheered him on just like all the other friends he had.

Yunho smiled, “Thanks guys. Alright, I’m doing this.”

^///////^

Jaejoong read the note when Yunho escaped.

*Please be there for the third song, my love. After that, go to the big tree on the right of the school before the tennis field. Please, be there.*

He recalled Yunho saying, ‘My song is third in line. Plus I want you to meet me under the usual tree.’

Jaejoong blushed a little. Finally, today. The day they have both waited for so long.

*** *** *** ************************************************

(The song will be DBSK's The Way You Are)

Jaejoong stood in the crowd, looking up at the stage. Yunho just introduced himself and the song.

He began singing:

‘Chonune banhaginun himduro nor bogichonen midossoji’
‘Saenggaki baggwinun gon cham swiun gor nan ori sogge honjayoji’
‘Ae ssundago dwer irun anin gor jayonsure gago shipo’

~

‘I believed that it was hard to fall in love at first, but that was what I thought before I saw you’
‘I didn’t know that thoughts could be changed so easily, I was foolishly by myself’
‘It’s not going to happen by trying, I want to naturally go up to you’

Those words were reality to Yunho. Jaejoong knew that more than anyone.

During the whole song, Yunho stared at Jaejoong, and the latter didn’t move his eyes away either. The crowd realised this after a few lines and constantly changed their glances from the guy on the stage and the guy within them. Girls giggled softly, boys smirked.

‘It’s about the way you are!’

The crowd clapped as hard as they could; not only because of the song, but the confession itself. Jaejoong blushed and, with a lot of hard work, made his way out and went to their usual tree. He leaned on it with his back. He couldn’t stop smiling.

Yunho ran down from the stage, jumping on the way because of his ‘victory’. He quickly changed to his normal clothes and dashed for the tree. He didn’t even allow his friends to drown him with unlimited questions. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him and finally reached the tree. He stopped a few metres from Jaejoong, panting. The older boy looked up from the ground and stood up straight from his leaning position. He looked at the tired singer and then diverted his gaze, still shyly smiling. He stopped panting and walked up to Jaejoong.

“Jae,” he started.

He finally looked up an inch to meet the other’s eyes. Yunho came a step forward to wrap arms around the thin waist and pull him closer. Jaejoong’s hands s around the other’s neck as he waited for the moment.

“I love you.”

With that finally said, Yunho brushed his lips against Jaejoong’s, took them in his and kissed him as if his life depended on it. Their eyes closed and they lost themselves. Jaejoong kissed back.

Yunho had been waiting for this ever since he entered through the school gates for the first time 3 years back. He let his emotions wash over him and tightly hugged the one in his arms, deepening the kiss. No words were needed as he didn’t feel any opposing force from the other, instead felt a welcoming pair of lips, and just continued with it. He felt his lover’s hands tighten as well as he let the taller boy kiss him.

When they finally let go, they had lost their breaths. Had they been better at keeping their breaths, this kiss wouldn’t have ended any time sooner. Unlike the other couple, these weren’t first-class swimmers who could kiss for minutes on end. Jaejoong had his eyes locked with Yunho’s. His lips finally moved, “I love you too, Yunho.”

=////////////////////////////////////////////=

YUNJAE LOVE! FINALLY! 
xD Now my YunJae friends, tell me what you felt after reading this chap!

^////^